Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sweep Marlins
Homer Bailey aces first test off DL. The Reds whipped the Florida Marlins 2-0 Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball to complete “the reverse sweep,” as Reds manager Dusty Baker dubbed it.
Doing this ensured a positive feeling home stand going 3-3 with some major momentum going into the HUGE 9 game road trip. This trip may be the season and if their momentum carries into the Arizona then we should be in good shape. I love the fight back in this team. I really thought that after the sweep from the Cards they would have a hang-over that may keep them from winning the Marlins series. This has happened many times this year and each time the Reds bounce back and comes through it perfectly.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What a great series! I was actually at the game on Saturday, and it was very exciting. The Reds got good starting pitching and timely hitting throughout the weekend, two things that were strangely missing during the Cardinals series.

I must say, Cordero is REALLY hearing it from the home fans these days. That game on Saturday, he got booed pretty bad when he gave up a leadoff walk. It got worse when he next gave up a base hit, then got really ugly when he walked the bases loaded with none out. Some in the crowd (ahem) were practically begging the manager to take the ball out of his hands. He did manage to get out of the mess with a run-scoring double play, then a popup to end it, but man it was a struggle. Goes to show how useless the "save" stat is in baseball. Cordero doesn't deserve credit for a "save", more like a "didn't lose it".

Here's hoping they start off this 9-game road trip by taking care of business in Arizona on Tuesday. Go Reds!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Really glad we swept that series and went one game up on St.Louis before the 9 game West Coast trip. For some reason the Reds usually haven't done well out there but hopefully they will. I would like to win 2 out of 3 at Arizona. I know San Francisco will be good. And the Los Angeles Dodgers usually play well at home against the Reds.
Great start for the road trip tonight!!! 0-2 going in to the 6 inning but goes for two to tie and then in the next inning took the lead on a Janish solo homer and then tacked three more on in the 9th. Fantastic comeback and win to move the Reds into a 2 game lead for the division.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]