Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next coach at Clay County?
The new coach will be named on june 4th. I am still hearing that Marcum is the man with at least one of the coaches from Keith's staff as an assistant.
Marcum or Parks either one or a combo of the two would be good for clay. They need a hometime guy back at the reigns and both these guys would do well.
new guy Wrote:Marcum or Parks either one or a combo of the two would be good for clay. They need a hometime guy back at the reigns and both these guys would do well.

This thread is a classic, Marcum and Parks were the first two names mentioned, then it went to Hicks, Wright, Holland, Keith, and about another twenty names, and now it's back to Marcum and Parks.

Seems like Clay Co. isn't the job that everyone thought it was. Good luck finding a coach.:Thumbs:
Where is marcum coaching at now
Other people have applied, but it seems the new super is not willing to pay the big money it would take to get wright or some of the other coaches
He is a former player and a current assistant at Clay
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Where is marcum coaching at now

Coaching at the Manchester Prison. Smile Doing a heck of a job, overall record of 127-5. 3 of their losses came from when the Globe Trotters came to visit and the other 2 were when Shannon Hoskins brought in a team full of ringers. :lmao: He will do a great job at Clay, along with Parks and Keith to help.
I don't think I would put much stock in coaching the Manchester Prison. Coaching high school is a little different. People in Clay Co. need to rethink what they are wanting out of their next coach. As long as every coach is compared to Bobby Kieth no one is going to be good enough. Basketball has changed and if coach Kieth was coaching today he wouldn't have the same success. That is not a knock on him because he is a Hall Of Famer no doubt.
We should know who the new Coach will be by Monday!
Coach will not be named until Tuesday, but it still appears Marcum will get the job. Not much experience, but I think it will be a good hire for Clay.
jed Wrote:Coach will not be named until Tuesday, but it still appears Marcum will get the job. Not much experience, but I think it will be a good hire for Clay.
Questions: What happened to Steve Wright? Why Marcum and not Combs? Is "Bulldog" on the selection committee?
Not willing to pay the money that Wright wanted. Not sure about why Marcum over Combs, but the talk I am hearing is Marcum will get the job.
Hard to see that one with Combs being in the school system and Marcum not. Just don't make business sense for the school system. Must be other things going on. Either will do a great job though.
Any word on who they have hired?
Marcum was officially hired today.
Thanks and good luck.
Then if it is official then can someone make a thread so this one can be closed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]