Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best running back in the State
Davenport has got a lot bigger this off season. Put that with his speed he will be the most dangerous Junior RB in the State this coming 2010 season.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Davenport has got a lot bigger this off season. Put that with his speed he will be the most dangerous Junior RB in the State this coming 2010 season.

Lets just hope he continues to be good. Most running backs I have seen come through Bell have fallen off by the time their senior year comes around except for Shawn Robbins.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Davenport has got a lot bigger this off season. Put that with his speed he will be the most dangerous Junior RB in the State this coming 2010 season.

Saw him the other day hasn't gotten any bigger but lets hope that he has gotten stronger.
Everyone is naming great running backs, and I'm sure they're all working incredibly hard.

However, if you want to find a running back that will have a lot of rushing yards and touchdowns, consider talking about the offensive lines. Running backs that work hard can get a lot of rushing yards and touchdowns, but the running backs with hard-working offensive lines will definitely have an advantage.

Another factor - a factor we can't consider - is the getting-along and the respect between the running back and the offensive line. This was part of the philosophy of the well-known coach Bobby Bowden, the former Florida State coach. The reason of this philosophy is that if a running back is about to have a 40-yard touchdown run and an offensive tackle doesn't like him, then the offensive tackle is going to think to himself, 'Should I really help THAT GUY get a 40-yard touchdown?!?' By having the running back and offensive line respecting each other and - even better - being friends, they won't have this problem.
Amped 88 Wrote:Saw him the other day hasn't gotten any bigger but lets hope that he has gotten stronger.

Sorry thats what I meant, that he was stronger.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Sorry thats what I meant, that he was stronger.

It will be hard for him to get much bigger.
Amped 88 Wrote:It will be hard for him to get much bigger.

I noticed he has gotten a little taller and put on a few pounds. I've been watching him at track meets. He usually sweeps the long jump, 100M, and 200M. The only person who gives him some competition in the 100 and 200 is his brother Cody. I think if he gets the opportunities Shawn Robbins had, he will come close to accomplishing his records. I don't think this kid got much playing time in the second half of games last year.
Cory Davenport, I mean come on he will be a Junior, and he is running over and around everyone I mean come on!
Mcdermott from Green County is good, but not sure he is among the best.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:I noticed he has gotten a little taller and put on a few pounds. I've been watching him at track meets. He usually sweeps the long jump, 100M, and 200M. The only person who gives him some competition in the 100 and 200 is his brother Cody. I think if he gets the opportunities Shawn Robbins had, he will come close to accomplishing his records. I don't think this kid got much playing time in the second half of games last year.

He sure didn't play in very many games in the second half.
In eastern KY. Imo there are 4 that make the grade and all are underclassmen. Davenport from Bell Co.,Skyles from Sheldon Clark, Jude from Johnson Central, and Rowe from Rockcastle.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Yep. Jerelle Moore is the best RB. I think I'll take Cory Davenport as #2, though. All this until we see the others who haven't got to showcase their talent, yet

I have not seen either one of these guys in football, but follow track very close. As far as speed, Moore is far superior than Davenport.
The Iceboxx Wrote:

classy music for a high school kid to have for his high light video!
The Iceboxx Wrote:

Looks like most of this kids runs are to the outside, I would like to see what he could do agianst a team that is able to stop the outside runs and make him keep it between the tackles.
sstack Wrote:classy music for a high school kid to have for his high light video!

This kid would make a good receiver.:Thumbs:
Amped 88 Wrote:He sure didn't play in very many games in the second half.

If Cory got to stay in all the games until mid way through the 4th quarter he could probably lead the State in rushing yards this season. The problem is its hard to do that only playing 2 quarters or only the first 3 min or so in the 3rd quarter every game.
Corey is very exciting to watch. He reminds me a lot of Shawn Robbins and the way he ran, but Corey actually can lower his shoulders and run over some guys. (or at least he is not afraid to try!) But he will be top 3 in rushing yards this season. :rockon:
sstack Wrote:Looks like most of this kids runs are to the outside, I would like to see what he could do agianst a team that is able to stop the outside runs and make him keep it between the tackles.

Don't know his individual performance vs. Boyle but the Bell team as a whole only had 79 yards rushing on the game. Don't know if that answers the question or not.
Bell's downfall at Boyle was just plain and simple. No adjustments.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Bell's downfall at Boyle was just plain and simple. No adjustments.
You are right about that!
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Bell's downfall at Boyle was just plain and simple. No adjustments.

Especially on the D side of the ball.
The Rowe kid from Rockcastle will ber very good also. He has gotten really strong from what I understand.

Didn't know that was the topic of the thread.

FWIW, the same can be said in ANY close ball game. (Even the one the year before)
Speaking of the best running backs, since that is the topic. What will Boyle County do without one of the best backs from last year?
attacktheV Wrote:Lets just hope he continues to be good. Most running backs I have seen come through Bell have fallen off by the time their senior year comes around except for Shawn Robbins.

This is a little off topic but what ever happened to Shawn Robbins. Did he play College ball any where
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:This is a little off topic but what ever happened to Shawn Robbins. Did he play College ball any where
I believe the last I heard he went to some college in Texas and I don't think it worked out. He came back and was planning on going somewhere in state but that was the last I heard of that.
#1 jj jude
#2 cory davenport
#3 travis elliot
#4 clark rowe
#5 justin smith