Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wildcats to the NBA
I know this has been discussed numerous times. With Patterson, Wall, and Cousins almost all but locks for lottery picks, we can pretty much kiss them goodbye. Sadly enough with the resurgence of Bledsoe and Orton's recent showing, their stock is drastically rising. Is it really a possibility we could have 8 new players on our roster next year? I know we had 6 new players this year, but is it really possible to overhaul 8 players and have a championship caliber team. What do you all think and how many players do you see us actually losing?

Here's a look at the current projected draft positions of UK players:
*Chad Ford's projections*:
John Wall #1
Cousins #4
Patterson #13
Bledsoe #14
The Blue Blur Wrote:I know this has been discussed numerous times. With Patterson, Wall, and Cousins almost all but locks for lottery picks, we can pretty much kiss them goodbye. Sadly enough with the resurgence of Bledsoe and Orton's recent showing, their stock is drastically rising. Is it really a possibility we could have 8 new players on our roster next year? I know we had 6 new players this year, but is it really possible to overhaul 8 players and have a championship caliber team. What do you all think and how many players do you see us actually losing?

Here's a look at the current projected draft positions of UK players:
John Wall #1
Cousins #4
Patterson #13
Bledsoe #14

dont think Orton will go, not sure about Bledsoe
cuppett777 Wrote:dont think Orton will go, not sure about Bledsoe

The projection of Bledsoe at #14 is from Chad Ford's most recent mock draft board. I think he will go. We better hope if he does we can get Lamb or Selby. IMHO, losing Orton and Cousins could be devastating to our program next year considering the only big man on our radar is Kanter. Orton needs one more year and we need Orton one more year.
The 4 you listed above are most likely gone.. you could argue wheter Bledsoe goes or not, IMO.. he should stay the extra year.. Orton, def needs to stay, no way is he ready for the NBA
I don't think Bledsoe is either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Coach Cal announced to the press after selection sunday that John Wall wanted to stay another year.....Bledsoe will not go because their is to much talent ahead of him in the draft and if he does go to the draft he will not get drafted, IF Wall comes back you all might be suprised to see Patterson and Cousins come back just like what happened to North Carolina and FLorida
:Clap:
baller321 Wrote:Coach Cal announced to the press after selection sunday that John Wall wanted to stay another year.....Bledsoe will not go because their is to much talent ahead of him in the draft and if he does go to the draft he will not get drafted, IF Wall comes back you all might be suprised to see Patterson and Cousins come back just like what happened to North Carolina and FLorida

Pretty sure Patterson can't come back, someone correct me if im wrong, but doesn't he grad this year as a Junior?
^ He can come back. He is graduating as a Junior, yes. But every player is given 4 years of eligibility regardless of graduation. He just has to be enrolled in the school. He could take one class and be eligible. In fact, Patterson has said that IF he were to return he would work towards getting his masters.
baller321 Wrote:Coach Cal announced to the press after selection sunday that John Wall wanted to stay another year.....Bledsoe will not go because their is to much talent ahead of him in the draft and if he does go to the draft he will not get drafted, IF Wall comes back you all might be suprised to see Patterson and Cousins come back just like what happened to North Carolina and FLorida

Did you miss the first post where Bledsoe is projected by ESPN as the #14 overall selection and #2 PG in the draft.

NYY10 Wrote:Pretty sure Patterson can't come back, someone correct me if im wrong, but doesn't he grad this year as a Junior?
As long as Patterson is enrolled in the required # of hours to remain academically eligible to compete in athletics he can return. Yes he does graduate but so did Matt Leinart prior to his senior season, that saw him take Ballroom Dancing. If he ever becomes an NFL success, he will be on Dancing with the Stars.

NYY10 Wrote:The 4 you listed above are most likely gone.. you could argue wheter Bledsoe goes or not, IMO.. he should stay the extra year.. Orton, def needs to stay, no way is he ready for the NBA

Randolph Morris anyone? They need to let Orton meet and speak with Morris or remind him of his legacy.
Bledsoe is my favorite player on the team. I really like his build for a ball player. Bledsoe is coming back to be the star, Orton is returning as well. Wall, PP, and Cousins IMO you can kiss em goodbye.
I think Bledsoe would benefit from staying in college. Cousins,Wall and Patterson are gone I agree. Some have mentioned Orton wants to go. I don't think he is near ready to go. Maybe when he sees his position in draft may not be that good he won't go.
..But I know Cal is a good recruiter but haven't heard much about recruits coming. Who is coming that can replace these 3 or 4 if Bledsoe were to go? The high school kids are bound to know the 3 won't be back and UK is a great program.
I would love to see them all come back...no one could stop us...but I do believe that PP, Wall, and Cousins are the only 3 that are ready to go
I am not encouraging breaking any rules but could someone that is an ESPN Insider, please look at the link I posted in the original post and see if Orton is ranked in Chad Ford's Top 100? I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Link
lwc Wrote:I am not encouraging breaking any rules but could someone that is an ESPN Insider, please look at the link I posted in the original post and see if Orton is ranked in Chad Ford's Top 100? I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Link

Don't have to be looked up, he's 27. It was just posted on Kentucky Sports Radio.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=47882
From the above link that The_Blue_Blue gave us:

Quote:They love him. I actually think it’s possible (not likely, but possible) that Kentucky has 5 players in the lottery. Orton is the rawest of the bunch, but he’s big, physical, plays defense and isn’t afraid to mix it up under the basket. I just had a GM in the lottery tell me they liked him more than Cole Aldrich. I have him at No. 27 on our Big Board, but I’m getting the feeling that I’ve got him about 10 to 15 spots too low.

The underlined statements AMAZE me! UK could lose 3 bigs?
we will be rebuilding next year
I think we lose all freshman..You can't turn it down if your projected that high. I also think there is a chance that Hood will transfer
I think Orton and Bledsoe will be back.
If Bledsoe believes he is gonna get guaranteed money, than he would be a fool to not go. Lottery money is great money, but if Bledsoe does return, IMO he will be a top 3 pick in '11