Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is excited for the Reds???
I wanted to see how everyone else has been feeling about the offseason and the position that the Reds are in for the year. I think that once again, if the injury bug stays its distance, then the Reds have such a young talented team that they can surprise and contend in the central. I really do think that a wildcard or division crown is in sight for this group of Reds.

What needs to happen:
Bruce needs to step up and be the star player he can be.
Votto needs to keep doing what he did last year.
Strong pitching from the bullpen.
Continue to allow the young arms to develop.

GO REDS!!!! But first we have a NCAA championship to win.:rockon:
lol Well I am excited for the Reds. But I will take everyone's suggestion and stick to UK basketball right now! Smile
Naw, it's not too early to be thinking of baseball. Spring training is just a couple weeks away...

I think the Reds made a couple good moves in the off-season. Signing Orlando Cabrera should stabilize the shortstop position at least for the next year, and hopefully he will be able to provide some offense. Also, it will give time for someone like Chris Valaika or Zach Cozart to develop, or for top prospect Todd Frazier (a SS when he was drafted) to re-learn the position.

Of course, the best move they made was dumping Willy Tavares and his $4 million salary on the Oakland A's. I would have given him away for a bag of baseballs and a Frosty Malt, so this is addition by subtraction.

I think the Reds could contend if they can provide a little more offense, because their pitching could be one of the top 2-3 staffs in the league. Arroyo and Harang (who I expect to bounce back) will pair with Cueto and Bailey to form a solid top 4 of the rotation, with Volquez likely back by mid-season. Then you have a solid backend of the bullpen with Cordero, Masset, and Rhodes.

Like you said, a lot will depend on if Jay Bruce can rebound this year. Also, whoever wins the LF spot needs to not be an empty out in the lineup. If they re-sign Johnny Gomes for a reasonable contract, that's great, if not, go ahead and let one of the kids (Heisey, Francisco) have a shot at it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I do agree. It is too early. I was looking on the reds website and I guess I started looking forward to the spring training in a few weeks.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I do agree. It is too early. I was looking on the reds website and I guess I started looking forward to the spring training in a few weeks.

I can't wait for the Reds.
Excited???? I guess I have been a Cincinnati Sports fan for TOOOOOooooooooooo long. I'm numb. Do I look forward to the coming season and have hopes for my favorite team? Yes. But I have no confidence in the upper management of this team. I wasn't a Dusty Fan at San Fran or Chicago, and I have yet to feel confident in his ability to coach a pitching staff.
Before the season starts, I am always excited for Cincy. Half way through the season I will be ready for baseball to be over.
I am really excited I can't wait to see how good they will be this year! Also I hope that they're able to pick up Johnny Damon, he would be another great addition!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Before the season starts, I am always excited for Cincy. Half way through the season I will be ready for baseball to be over.

Amen brother! :Thumbs:
leecoukfan Wrote:I am really excited I can't wait to see how good they will be this year! Also I hope that they're able to pick up Johnny Damon, he would be another great addition!!

Do you really think the Reds would shell out the money that Damon wants? I want Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter and Albert Pujols, but the Reds are not willing to spend the money to even make a serious any player with value. The only way Damon comes to Cincinnati is in the uniform of another team.
i'm excited to see them get beat by the Cubs :biggrin:

when they aren't playing chicago, i actually cheer for the reds, but when they do play the Cubs, i have to go with my Cubbies