Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Overtime Pregame "Pep Talk" from WYMT Sports
BGR,

Here is the week thirteen version of Pregame "Pep Talk". This week, we visit the locker rooms of Bell County, Hazard, and Pulaski County.

Enjoy!!

- Derek Forrest
www.twitter.com/derekwymt

Don't forget to check out Sports Overtime Pregame on WYMT, Thursday nights at 7:30pm and @ www.wymtnews.com
rock19701 Wrote:BGR,

Here is the week thirteen version of Pregame "Pep Talk". This week, we visit the locker rooms of Bell County, Hazard, and Pulaski County.

Enjoy!!

- Derek Forrest
www.twitter.com/derekwymt

Don't forget to check out Sports Overtime Pregame on WYMT, Thursday nights at 7:30pm and @ www.wymtnews.com

Is that a tradition at hazard or something new.
Great Job Derek
man that kid from palaski had me pumped up great post
logmountainboy64 Wrote:man that kid from palaski had me pumped up great post

I don't know. I never had to rely on a teammate to pump me up before a game. I would have ignored him and maybe laughed at him. Also would have told him he did it just to be on camera. On the other hand that old man they call COACH put chills on me before I stepped on the field every game. That is why when Bell steps on the field they are mentally ready.
attacktheV Wrote:I don't know. I never had to rely on a teammate to pump me up before a game. I would have ignored him and maybe laughed at him. Also would have told him he did it just to be on camera. On the other hand that old man they call COACH put chills on me before I stepped on the field every game. That is why when Bell steps on the field they are mentally ready.
Any of us who know "that kid" from Pulaski County know he could care less about a camera being around. He is Tyler Stone, a kid who wasn't even supposed to play this year due to a severe knee injury. He busted his tail getting back on the field for his Sr year and bleeds Maroon! I doubt highly you would have laughed at him in that locker room. He truly is what being a Maroon is all about! As a player I would would have run through a brick wall for him after that. Great job, Derek.
Forever Maroon Wrote:Any of us who know "that kid" from Pulaski County know he could care less about a camera being around. He is Tyler Stone, a kid who wasn't even supposed to play this year due to a severe knee injury. He busted his tail getting back on the field for his Sr year and bleeds Maroon! I doubt highly you would have laughed at him in that locker room. He truly is what being a Maroon is all about! As a player I would would have run through a brick wall for him after that. Great job, Derek.

Tyler is one heck of a player and more importantly a great kid!!!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Is that a tradition at hazard or something new.

If you're talking about Senior bonfire it's a tradition.
That is why Pulaski Co is still playing, and some schools are not. Good Luck Marrons. I really hope you win against Highlands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
#44 Tyler Stone sounds scary in that clip! Highlands better watch out for him on the defense he plays Middle Linebacker and he could reak havoc on the Highlands offensive game!
leecoukfan Wrote:#44 Tyler Stone sounds scary in that clip! Highlands better watch out for him on the defense he plays Middle Linebacker and he could reak havoc on the Highlands offensive game!

Looks tall but very thin. He talks about hit after hit after hit; He will find out what that is like friday night! I hope he is fast because he is going to have to run down field to make any hits on our RB's.
sstack Wrote:Looks tall but very thin. He talks about hit after hit after hit; He will find out what that is like friday night! I hope he is fast because he is going to have to run down field to make any hits on our RB's.

lets not forget this is a kid who in 2008 set the all time school mark with 192 tackles in a single season over there at Pulaski and now owns the school record for tackles in a career breaking Winston Hines' mark.
I wasn't attacking the kid just stating my opinion. Hope he can pump them up to run through the brick wall that is Fort Thomas. It would be a good win for the mountain teams.
rock19701 Wrote:lets not forget this is a kid who in 2008 set the all time school mark with 192 tackles in a single season over there at Pulaski and now owns the school record for tackles in a career breaking Winston Hines' mark.

I am sure this kid is a good athlete, but I do not think all those tackles came agianst teams the quality of Highlands or the quality of teams on Highlands' schedule. I will be looking forward to watching him play Friday night. Pulaski should not need big speeches to get fired up this Friday!
If you don't get the whole speech thing before games, you never played! EVERY team has those kinds of things before games. It is not only to help get a team "up" for a game but to also give focus on what is at stake. Again, if you don't get it you've never been there. Good luck Maroons!