Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 51 Breathitt Co. 33
congrats to somerset, but you guys will see alot better defense next week
Congrats to Somerset
congrats to the jumpers
the line on both sides of the ball was just to much for the bobcats to handle..i thought everyone thought that breathitt woud steamroll past them...i guess not..but good playoff run by the bobcats...
Jumpers started 5 seniors on the O-line and have 2 or 3 seniors in the D-line rotation. Jumpers lose 15 great kids at the end of this season.

Big thing I noticed was how many of the Breathitt kids to seem to be going both ways playing a ton of snaps. Somerset has a lot of kids going both ways but on D we were able to rotate lineman and LB's which helped keep kids fresher.

Fugate for example carried the ball 30 times and played every D snap that I can remember. At the end of the game he wasn't able to run up to the line of scrimmage when BC completed a pass to midfield and were in hurry up mode. I don't know how many BC kids went both ways but being able to rotate players on D seemed to be a big advantage for Somerset as the game went on.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Jumpers started 5 seniors on the O-line and have 2 or 3 seniors in the D-line rotation. Jumpers lose 15 great kids at the end of this season.

Big thing I noticed was how many of the Breathitt kids to seem to be going both ways playing a ton of snaps. Somerset has a lot of kids going both ways but on D we were able to rotate lineman and LB's which helped keep kids fresher.

Fugate for example carried the ball 30 times and played every D snap that I can remember. At the end of the game he wasn't able to run up to the line of scrimmage when BC completed a pass to midfield and were in hurry up mode. I don't know how many BC kids went both ways but being able to rotate players on D seemed to be a big advantage for Somerset as the game went on.

Great observation Jumper Dad. Some people complain that Fugate is out of shape, but the truth is that he goes at it 100% every play and he has to catch his breath at times. If he hadn't of had to of played defense last year he may have run the ball for 4000 yards. If I was a coach it would concern me to have to play a player of his caliber both ways. The same goes for Haddix.
Somerset picked on the deep middle of BC's d all night. Once they got past the linebackers no one was there!
Jumper Dad Wrote:Jumpers started 5 seniors on the O-line and have 2 or 3 seniors in the D-line rotation. Jumpers lose 15 great kids at the end of this season.

I agree Jumper Dad. Breathitt did have a lot of players going both ways but that wasn't the only key to Somerset's victory. Somerset had a lot more athletes at the skill position. Somerset's line was big and talented and you could tell they had a lot of experience. I thought the turning point in the game was in the middle of the third quarter when Somerset was leading by four points and Breathitt had the ball on thier own 35 and it was fourth and one and they punted the ball to Somerset. If Breathitt would have went for the first down and had gotten it I think we could have scored and the outcome of the game could have been different. We punted and they eventually scored putting them up 11 points. I don't know why Holcomb thought we could stop them on that possession because we hadn't stopped them all night. I also wanted to say I am embarrassed of how some of our players acted toward the end of the game. That isn't Breathitt County Football. Congrats Somerset and I hope you guys bring home the title. :Thumbs::Thumbs:
Cat Daddy Wrote:I agree Jumper Dad. Breathitt did have a lot of players going both ways but that wasn't the only key to Somerset's victory. Somerset had a lot more athletes at the skill position. Somerset's line was big and talented and you could tell they had a lot of experience. I thought the turning point in the game was in the middle of the third quarter when Somerset was leading by four points and Breathitt had the ball on thier own 35 and it was fourth and one and they punted the ball to Somerset. If Breathitt would have went for the first down and had gotten it I think we could have scored and the outcome of the game could have been different. We punted and they eventually scored putting them up 11 points. I don't know why Holcomb thought we could stop them on that possession because we hadn't stopped them all night. I also wanted to say I am embarrassed of how some of our players acted toward the end of the game. That isn't Breathitt County Football. Congrats Somerset and I hope you guys bring home the title. :Thumbs::Thumbs:

Totally agree,and all Bobcat fans should/will be root'en for this Jumper team,It was a fun game win or loose they are a good team better in every way and will do well,the trophy will make the city proud,Go Jumpers bring it all Home!!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:I agree Jumper Dad. Breathitt did have a lot of players going both ways but that wasn't the only key to Somerset's victory. Somerset had a lot more athletes at the skill position. Somerset's line was big and talented and you could tell they had a lot of experience. I thought the turning point in the game was in the middle of the third quarter when Somerset was leading by four points and Breathitt had the ball on thier own 35 and it was fourth and one and they punted the ball to Somerset. If Breathitt would have went for the first down and had gotten it I think we could have scored and the outcome of the game could have been different. We punted and they eventually scored putting them up 11 points. I don't know why Holcomb thought we could stop them on that possession because we hadn't stopped them all night. I also wanted to say I am embarrassed of how some of our players acted toward the end of the game. That isn't Breathitt County Football. Congrats Somerset and I hope you guys bring home the title. :Thumbs::Thumbs:

When Holcomb didn't go for the 4th and 1 I felt my heart sink and the beginning of the end wasn't very far away. I guess we all second guess ourselves at times, but why on earth didn't he go for it? Under the circumstances of the game and with "Big Horse" Fugate I would have had to go for it.

We went up by 4 then they scored 2 on us.I was being held ALL the way down the field on both plays they scored on by the way.That put them up by 10 and with the time we had left when we didn't score on that next posession we knew it was over.They was big and fast but the score doesn't tell the whole story;only that we are done for this year.We will have a nice team next year too.The way we acted at the end of the game IS Bobcat football;wehat it should be.Playing with emotion and fire and the anger we was feeling twords the refs.They will probly win it all unless SC is alot better than they was when we played them.I think they will win it all.
Bobcat, you can't blame this on the refs. I was at the game and Somerset was just better. The actions by some of the players at the end of the game were not very sportsmanlike!
Football is all about Fire and Emotion but you use it between the whistles!!! Stuff after the whistle is not what the game is all about and some of the younger players need to remember that. It's a mans game not a kid of plays after the whistle. Officials in no way shape or form effected the outcome of the game. Jumpers have a solid team and should have a great shot at taking it all!
BOBCAT Wrote:We went up by 4 then they scored 2 on us.I was being held ALL the way down the field on both plays they scored on by the way.That put them up by 10 and with the time we had left when we didn't score on that next posession we knew it was over.They was big and fast but the score doesn't tell the whole story;only that we are done for this year.We will have a nice team next year too.The way we acted at the end of the game IS Bobcat football;wehat it should be.Playing with emotion and fire and the anger we was feeling twords the refs.They will probly win it all unless SC is alot better than they was when we played them.I think they will win it all.

With the advancement of technology in today's society we need instant replay and the teams should get 3 challenges per game.

Also, Bobcat I understand how you feel man, but the only thing a person can do is pick it back up and try it again next year. That's the way life is sometimes you get cheated and sometimes you might get more than you deserve.

I would assume that the state athletic commission reviews the film of games. My friend told me that refs are rated or something and if that is true then a ref is cutting their own throat if they do that. Things always have a way of working their way out in the end. Good luck for next year Bobcat. You played your heart out and that is all that matters. Your right in that sometimes the score doesn't reflect what actually happened in a game. You just got to learn from it, put it behind you and move on.
Flashman Wrote:With the advancement of technology in today's society we need instant replay and the teams should get 3 challenges per game.

Also, Bobcat I understand how you feel man, but the only thing a person can do is pick it back up and try it again next year. That's the way life is sometimes you get cheated and sometimes you might get more than you deserve.

I would assume that the state athletic commission reviews the film of games. My friend told me that refs are rated or something and if that is true then a ref is cutting their own throat if they do that. Things always have a way of working their way out in the end. Good luck for next year Bobcat. You played your heart out and that is all that matters. Your right in that sometimes the score doesn't reflect what actually happened in a game. You just got to learn from it, put it behind you and move on.
Come on guys.....Breathitt could not stop the run or pass all year, and that is what got them beat. Can not blame lack of tackling and coverage on the refs. Every game has bad calls.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

These guys where working their first game together that night because they were getting ready for their State Final game so I assume they were sent there to cheat for Somerset by the KHSAA!
Flashman Wrote:With the advancement of technology in today's society we need instant replay and the teams should get 3 challenges per game.

Are you serious about instant replay? We can't even get hash marks painted on half the fields correctly. I appreciate all the people who put in hard work and get it right but there are a lot of sloppy fields out there. Especially rainy years like this one. Refs try their absolute best to let the players decide the game. They make mistakes and I am not stuck in the mud on the anti replay side, but high school athletics are nowhere near ready to add that dynamic. You would go from criticizing refs to questioning the video people that struggle to get the right angle in leagues with the billions of dollars available to them such as the NFL and NCAA. We do review film after games to try to correct things but it would be impossible to do on a Friday night during the action. Can you imagine even the security issues for such a review process with the way some fields are set up? I know you are a little bit old school with the Jack Lambert photo so lets do the best with what we've got and try to get better along the way. Good Luck to you in the future Flashman.
So it is just not possible for a ref to take a payoff with all that big money they make? Please.
zebra'seyes Wrote:These guys where working their first game together that night because they were getting ready for their State Final game so I assume they were sent there to cheat for Somerset by the KHSAA!

I think you should consider becoming a professional smarta** in my opinion.
Flashman Wrote:I think you should consider becoming a professional smarta** in my opinion.

Wow. Thats a little personal. You lost and it wasn't because of the refs.
Flashman Wrote:So it is just not possible for a ref to take a payoff with all that big money they make? Please.
Are you insinuating that's why Breathitt Lost to Somerset?

Flashman Wrote:I think you should consider becoming a professional smarta** in my opinion.
Come on Flashman your better than resorting to name calling..

Flashman Wrote:The main thing is that we remain civilized with one another. If Briar Jumper Dad thinks his Briar Jumpers are going to overwhelm Breathitt's D with it's balanced attack high speed offense then that's his opinion. Just like if I want to say that I think Fugate will rush for 300 yards that's only my opinion. If he happens to be right I will congratulate him and his team. On the other hand, if my Breathitt County Bobcats leave hunks of bunnys all over that field tonight like they know they are then I hope he can be gracious about losing too.
Were we the only ones expected to act gracious in defeat? Come on Flashman, you guys had a good year and will be back battling for the Region again next year. Your program is built on hard work and doing things the right way, enjoy and get ready for next season.
First of all, if I was talking about your Somerset team then I would say it BJD. I only thing I have said about your team is congratulations and I think I made a post saying that they would beat SC handily. Stop trying to make something out of my posts that they are not. Furthermore, there have been professional referees caught in scandals so I am sure that it happens at the high school level too. I was actually thinking about two guys that used to ref basketball games locally around 20-25 years ago. Finally, if I want to make a remark about some one being a smart a** punk on here because all they know how to do is just that then that is between me and them BJD.
Sometimes the truth hurts really bad and the truth is that refs almost never determine the outcome of games yet when someone's little team loses is easier to blame us than themselves!! I really encourage you to go to some clinics and learn how the game is called, not how you want it called!
Flashman Wrote:First of all, if I was talking about your Somerset team then I would say it BJD. I only thing I have said about your team is congratulations and I think I made a post saying that they would beat SC handily. Stop trying to make something out of my posts that they are not. Furthermore, there have been professional referees caught in scandals so I am sure that it happens at the high school level too. I was actually thinking about two guys that used to ref basketball games locally around 20-25 years ago. Finally, if I want to make a remark about some one being a smart a** punk on here because all they know how to do is just that then that is between me and them BJD.

That's fine, but by talking about paid off refs on the Somerset / Breathitt thread makes it look like sour grapes from the Breathitt Faithful. Go to the refs thread and let them have it if your talking about Basketball refs. Doing it on this thread makes it seem as if your blaming refs for this game.
Enough is Enough. We got beat by a very talented Somerset team and that is the bottom line. The refs in no way had anything to do with the outcome of this game. We simply got outcoached and outplayed. Good luck Somerset.
Jumper Dad Wrote:That's fine, but by talking about paid off refs on the Somerset / Breathitt thread makes it look like sour grapes from the Breathitt Faithful. Go to the refs thread and let them have it if your talking about Basketball refs. Doing it on this thread makes it seem as if your blaming refs for this game.

:Thumbs:

Good luck to the Briarjumpers this weekend.