Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulldogs to honor former coach
By MARK MAYNARD — The Independent
LOUISA — Friday night will be Charles “Chuke” Williams Appreciation Day in Louisa.

There will be a dinner/reunion for Williams’ former players and coaches at 5:30 p.m., prior to Lawrence County taking on Shelby Valley at 7:30.

Williams, who is in failing health with lung cancer, put Lawrence County football on the map during a seven-year coaching span from 1994 to 2000.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...14228.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Good Luck "chuck" and good luck dawgs. Come out and support the dawgs everyone!
I hate to hear this, I really do. Chuke Williams was a great high school coach and his teams were literally "feared" here at LCHS. God Bless him!!! Ill be there early Friday to honor Mr. Williams.
I would love to see Chuke at halftime. It would be something special. Chuke will never be forgotten in this community.
Good Luck "chuck" and good luck dawgs. hope u get to feeling better
I would love to see him at halftime, can you imagine what kind of ovation he would get? he's a great guy very disciplined but a proven winner, I played under him and he was a motivator. I love Chuke to death, but gosh could he put a fear factor into you?lol. Good luck Chuke take care buddy hang in there.
Its nice to see LC do this for Chuke.
Great job LC in honoring Coach Williams I wish you the best Coach from here in Bell County.:Thumbs:
I think if he was honored at halftime that almost everyone in the stands would be in tears. I, for one would be in tears, no way I could hold it back. I grew up watching these great teams he put together and all my memorys of Lawrence County Football are from his ERA here. One of the best offense coaches I have ever seen. I remember being in youth league and wanting to play for him sooo bad. I went and watched almost every practice and he was truely my hero when I was little. You will never meet a better motivator and meet someone thats more competitive then Coach Williams. I wonder how the players would respond if he came into the locker room to give a pre-game speech. WOW!!! Talking about getting fired up!! All my prayers go out to him and his family.
Chuke will be inducted into the Hall of Fame before the game along with Michael West, Dontae Wright, Kyle Barnette, and Brad Deerfield. They will be a roped off section in the end zone where he will be surrounded by his former players and coaches. It's going to be a special night so you better get their early because all the formers greats for Lawerence County will be there in support of their coach. Go Dawgs!!!!
inspiron Wrote:Chuke will be inducted into the Hall of Fame before the game along with Michael West, Dontae Wright, Kyle Barnette, and Brad Deerfield. They will be a roped off section in the end zone where he will be surrounded by his former players and coaches. It's going to be a special night so you better get their early because all the formers greats for Lawerence County will be there in support of their coach. Go Dawgs!!!!

NO WAY I would miss this game for the world. This is going to be a special night for the fans, former players, former coaches, and current players/coaches. Come on dawgs, win this one for Coach Williams!!!!:rockon:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:NO WAY I would miss this game for the world. This is going to be a special night for the fans, former players, former coaches, and current players/coaches. Come on dawgs, win this one for Coach Williams!!!!:rockon:
I agree... LC playing a great game coming away with the win would put the cherry on top. I can't wait til Friday.
Emotions are going to be high Friday in Louisa with all this going on I can speak for myself and say that i will be shedding a lot of tears.This is a great man who done a lot for this program to where it is today. Should be a great scene with all the former players getting inducted. Go Bulldogs win this one for Chuke.
LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM!
He sure knew how to win.
In all honesty if Chuke gave a pre-game pep talk to the football team before they hit the field then SV should just pack the pads up and go on home..seriously....
Good Luck Bulldogs, and yes it will be a special night for Lawerence Co. Who are they playing>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Good Luck Bulldogs, and yes it will be a special night for Lawerence Co. Who are they playing>

Shelby Valley Wildcats
This is a guy whom is talked about as such a Great Coach, which he so much deserves, but I went to a lot of practices and saw all his games here at LC. I saw a side of Chuke that a lot did not see, when all the crowds were gone, Chuke was still asking his players if they had enough money, a ride home, and wanted to make sure his players would be safe! He was concern for them 24/7.
The Dawg Wrote:This is a guy whom is talked about as such a Great Coach, which he so much deserves, but I went to a lot of practices and saw all his games here at LC. I saw a side of Chuke that a lot did not see, when all the crowds were gone, Chuke was still asking his players if they had enough money, a ride home, and wanted to make sure his players would be safe! He was concern for them 24/7.

If it was up to me, I would rename to the field to "Chuke Williams Stadium"!! He was the one that built this tradition up to where it is now and for that, I think he deserves this. And like you said, he had concern for his players even off the field. Great coach and a even better man.
I think this is a great idea, Chuke done a lot for the sports and the school system.
You know its funny because we pushed for that and they told us he had to be dead. Thats why the baseball complex can't be named after Randy Keeton. So the best we could do was to get him into the Hall Of Fame. I just hope this rain holds off a little bit.
inspiron Wrote:You know its funny because we pushed for that and they told us he had to be dead. Thats why the baseball complex can't be named after Randy Keeton. So the best we could do was to get him into the Hall Of Fame. I just hope this rain holds off a little bit.

I may be wrong but I'm almost certain that the baseball complex is named after Randy Keeton as well as the road that passes by the locker room. The road is something like Randy Keeton Lane or something like that. Could someone possibly get a petition or something going to try to get the football stadium named after Chuke?? Randy Keeton is the face of LC baseball as was Chuke to LC football.