Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 49 Bath County 3
Final
Another nice win for Pburg. Congrats.
Good job Prestonsburg. What kind of numbers did Burchett have tonight.
they started to struggle in the 1st quarter, but knew they would step it up big.. Congrats!! Pburg looking great!
blow out....prestonsburg is a great team...good win
Pburg didn't even score in the first! This game was over from the kick. looks like the only thing standing in the was of Pburg's 3rd straight district title is Valley.
This was a very good game for the Blackcats! They started out very rough not putting up any points in the first quarter. But it didnt take long to score a BUNCH once they got started. Josh Craynon played exceptionally well with three touchdowns (2 rushing, 1 receiving). Michael played a very good game also. Had alot of incomplete passes which werent his fault. He was hitting his receivers in the chest and they just werent catching it. But still a very good game for the Blackcats! On a good note for Bath Co. their kicker came in in the 4th quarter and made a 41 yard field goal. Great game Cats keep it rolling!
Good job Black Cats.
Prestonsburg has struggled all season in the redzone. It's mostly because they don't have the size to just over power teams with a running game and Burchett & receivers are much better with more field to work with. They got to the redzone twice in the first quarter and turned it over on downs each time. Second quarter the offense scored on some bigs plays and led at the half 20-0. Third quarter Prestonsburg continued their second quarter success and just laid it to Bath County scoring on some very easy touchdown passes and runs. Prestonsburg's defense was stout all night. I don't think that Bath's offense crossed midfield but maybe two times. Bath does have a very impressive kicker as he booted some punts and nailed a 45-yard field goal that would have been good from 50.

Prestonsburg dropped around 4 balls tonight that could have led to touchdowns. Two most notably was one to Josh Blackburn and one to Joseph Jamerson. Both plays where back-to-back. P-burg did score on the next play.

I'll try and post Michael's stats later.

Congrats Blackcats!
I really like this P-Burg team, theyre playing exceptional football and dont show any signs of letting up!:Thumbs:
Congrats P'Burg.
Michael Burchett threw for 286-yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not sure on completion/attempts.
is this Pburg team anything like the one that played Mayfield in the title game way back when?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:is this Pburg team anything like the one that played Mayfield in the title game way back when?

Their identity is much different than that team, but I think their effort may rival that squad.

Pburg runs a spread offense utilizing the jet sweep and a nice passing game predicated on utilizing their talented and mobile QB. Pburg will be undersized against most teams they play, but they are very quick and give alot of effort.

This team reminds me more of the 2001 2A Runner-Up squad in terms of personnell. That team had a solid passing QB and a solid WR corps. This Blackcat team doesn't have the RB's as that team, but their QB Burchett is a bit more mobile and dynamic.
Sounds very different from the one that played Mayfield, that team was a group of mountain muscle men
Congrats blackcats
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Michael Burchett threw for 286-yards and 4 touchdowns.

Not sure on completion/attempts.

That is some excellent stats.:Thumbs:

Congrats Michael and to the Blackcats!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Prestonsburg's O-Line struggled in the first quarter missing assignments and failing to hold blocks. That is the reason the Blackcats were held scoreless in the first quarter. Michael Burchett was throwing on the money all night (as he has all season long). There were a few dropped passes by the Prestonsburg receivers, but it didn't hurt them last night. I heard that there wasn't but maybe one full practice all week long. Anyhow, the Blackcats got it going in the second quarter and didn't look back. I really like what I'm seeing from first year player Cameron Tincher. He's showed over the last couple of games that he belongs on the field and with his athleticism, should be used in the spread offense. Josh Craynon played very well last night as well, along with Austin McKinney.

Bath County lost a lot from last year's squad and are struggling to start this season. I thought #46 gave a great effort and made a few nice plays. I'd like to know what grade this kid is in. He showed me some effort and heart last night.

Great overall performance by Prestonsburg!