Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffey's game-winning pinch hit sends M's over Chisox in 14
SEATTLE (AP) — Never in Mariners history had one run taken so long — and felt so good.
Pinch-hitter Ken Griffey Jr. lined a single off the right-field wall with two outs in the bottom of the 14th to give the Mariners a 1-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night and end the longest scoreless game in Seattle's 33-year history.

After the second seventh-inning stretch of the night, Adrian Beltre (FSY), eight days removed from the disabled list following shoulder surgery, singled with one out in the 14th. Tony Pena (6-4) struck out Russell Branyan (FSY) but walked Jack Hannahan (FSY), who was playing because shortstop Jack Wilson (FSY) strained his hamstring in the fifth inning.

This makes me really happy to see griffey hit this, always been a big fan of griffey jr, a 500+ clean homerun hitter of the steroid era,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:SEATTLE (AP) — Never in Mariners history had one run taken so long — and felt so good.
Pinch-hitter Ken Griffey Jr. lined a single off the right-field wall with two outs in the bottom of the 14th to give the Mariners a 1-0 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night and end the longest scoreless game in Seattle's 33-year history.

After the second seventh-inning stretch of the night, Adrian Beltre (FSY), eight days removed from the disabled list following shoulder surgery, singled with one out in the 14th. Tony Pena (6-4) struck out Russell Branyan (FSY) but walked Jack Hannahan (FSY), who was playing because shortstop Jack Wilson (FSY) strained his hamstring in the fifth inning.

This makes me really happy to see griffey hit this, always been a big fan of griffey jr, a 500+ clean homerun hitter of the steroid era,

I am hopeful........
Stardust Wrote:I am hopeful........

Well he didnt get totally huge like the rest of the steroid users,