Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Teams in the Mountains
Which teams do you think will make it to Bowling Green in December
from these hills should be about time to really say don't you think.
(1) Breathitt Co.
(2) Bell County

That really only teams i see making the trip and having much sucess while being their.

BREATHITT Co. SHOULD BE IN TOP TWO TEAMS IN STATE IN 3A AND HAVE A LIGET SHOT AT BRINGING HOME THEIR 4TH CHAMPIONSHIP BACK TO JACKSON..
Players like Channing Fugate no one has stopper for him..and if they load up on him Jade Haddix will throw to his tripple threat in Zack Epperson,Dakota Ritichie,and Josh Fletcher or with his speed he could have his best Year for Bobcats if he stays healthy.. Bobcats will have a stronger/quicker line than we have had in many years maybe it kinda looks like 2002 team that won it all in 2A.
Breathitt County, Bell County, Belfry and Corbin each have legit shots at making it to Bowling Green this season!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Breathitt County, Bell County, Belfry and Corbin each have legit shots at making it to Bowling Green this season!

I think that Bell, Belfry and Breathitt do but Corbin doesn't IMO.
Amped 88 Wrote:I think that Bell, Belfry and Breathitt do but Corbin doesn't IMO.

Only team really standing in their way IMO is Newport Central Catholic. And from what I've read, they lost everyone. So the Redhounds chance at making it to BG is good.
Amped 88 Wrote:I think that Bell, Belfry and Breathitt do but Corbin doesn't IMO.

Corbin is a legitimate top three 2A team. As BCA said, the Redhounds have a great shot at making it Bowling Green.
1. Bell
2. Johnson Central
3. Whitley
4. Breathit
5. Belfry

Until someone from Ky or Moutnains beats Bell they stay at #1.
It will be a great matchup in week 3 between Bell County and Johnson Central
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:1. Bell
2. Johnson Central
3. Whitley
4. Breathit
5. Belfry

Until someone from Ky or Moutnains beats Bell they stay at #1.

I don't think anybody from the Mountains will beat Bell this year either.
If JC gets their o-line to mesh they will have a scary good offense this year. But their schedule of Middlesboro, Boyle, Breathitt, Bell, and Belfry is unreal.
khsgamenight Wrote:It will be a great matchup in week 3 between Bell County and Johnson Central

I'll take Bell in this one JC will be good but not good enought.
Bell Co.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I'll take Bell in this one JC will be good but not good enought.

I agree JC not there just yet.
There is one thing for sure. JC has the guts to play Bell, Breathitt and Belfry so if the do manage the sweep there will be no argument.

JC will have maybe the best combined backfield since Mateny has arrived and a molbe QB. The D will be solid. Get a young line clicking and a little passing game developed and JC will be a very good team.
MonsterMan Wrote:There is one thing for sure. JC has the guts to play Bell, Breathitt and Belfry so if the do manage the sweep there will be no argument.

JC will have maybe the best combined backfield since Mateny has arrived and a molbe QB. The D will be solid. Get a young line clicking and a little passing game developed and JC will be a very good team.

I agree I know that Breathitt won't play Bell for sure.
1.brethitt
2.bell
3.jc
4.corbin
5.pulaski
6.belfry
7.whitley
8.shelby valley
9.lawrence co.
10.pestonsburg
Bell Co
central fan Wrote:1.brethitt
2.bell
3.jc
4.corbin
5.pulaski
6.belfry
7.whitley
8.shelby valley
9.lawrence co.
10.pestonsburg

:please: Do you actually think Shelby Valley and Lawrence County have better teams than Letcher Central.
OrangenowBlue Wrote::please: Do you actually think Shelby Valley and Lawrence County have better teams than Letcher Central.

I agree, Shelby Valley should not be on this list. However, Letcher Central shouldn't be either. No chance of them going to Bowling Green.
I don't think Johnson Central does either nor do I think Whitley Co. All roads to Bowling Green goes through Highlands, and I just don't think that neither one of them can beat the Bluebirds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
1.bell
2.breathitt
3.whitley
4.belfry
5.johnson central
6.corbin
7.rockcastle
8.letcher central
9.pikeville
10.hazard
Bell, Breathitt are the top two for sure. Johnson Central is a close third. Then there is everyone else IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Well Im going to have to agree with everyone else and say Bell and Breathitt have the best chances.
east ridge has the best by far!!!most improved and most athletic in the state
CavsFan Wrote:I agree, Shelby Valley should not be on this list. However, Letcher Central shouldn't be either. No chance of them going to Bowling Green.

I do not believe this list is about who is going to Bowling Green. It is about the top teams in the mountains. Bell County and Breathitt County have the best shot. Johnson Central and Corbin are a long shot to go.
I thought I would put this back up top so we can look at how much predictions have changed since then.
Bell
Prestonsburg
Belfry
Sheldon Clark
Breathitt

Belfry, Sheldon Clark , Breathitt Co. I put these teams on there cause they will meet in the playoffs and one of these 3 I do believe will be a representative. Not saying these are the best 5 teams but the 5 I believe have the best chance @ going to state.
1. 4A Bell Co
2. 2A Prestonsburg
3. 2A Corbin
4. 3A Somerset
Breathitt will be there. This 1-4 start means nothing come playoff time.