Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes' Jamel Riley and Brandon Housely
Holmes senior guards JaMel Riley and Brandon Housley signed with Cincinnati State at 12:30 p.m. today according to Holmes coach David Henley. Riley, the Bulldogs' starting point guard, and Housley, the team's sixth man, helped lead Holmes to the program's first state title this season. Riley, a member of the all-tournament team, averaged 10 points a game and shot 41 percent from 3-point range. Housley, one of the team's top defenders, averaged seven points a game.

Henley on Housley: "He's just one of those guys who worked hard every day at practice and made himself better. He didn't put up huge numbers, but it seemed like he always made big plays when we needed them."

Henley on Riley as a possible Division I player: "It depends on if it's the right situation. In a program that likes to spread the floor and penetrate and pitch to shooters, he could fit in."

Housley and Riley will join former Holmes standout Arrez Henderson at Cincinnati State. Henderson, the Enquirer player of the year in 2008, will be a sophomore for the Surge.

Two Holmes players from the class of 2007, who also went the junior college route, already have committed to four-year programs. Austin Hill (Southeastern Illinois) has signed with Division I program Illinois State. Henley said Greg Rice (Columbus State) has committed to Indianapolis University, a Division II school.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...innati.com
Congrats to both guys!! I wish them the best of luck!!
I have never heard of Cincinnati State. Are they D2? NAIA?
congrats to both players and best of luck
Nice to see these young men get the chance to further their education
rojas Wrote:I have never heard of Cincinnati State. Are they D2? NAIA?

NAIA...they're consistently one of the better NAIA programs in this region of the country.
Are you sure? I looked it up. Their web site said Cincinnati State was in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). Cincinnati State is a technical and community college.
Congrats to both young men. I figured Riley would go somewhere other than a Junior College, he was the 9th Region POY. I believe there are some other Holmes graduates that Housley and Riley will be joining at Cincy State.
goodguy Wrote:Congrats to both young men. I figured Riley would go somewhere other than a Junior College, he was the 9th Region POY. I believe there are some other Holmes graduates that Housley and Riley will be joining at Cincy State.

They will both be joining Arrez Henderson...9th region POY in 2008.
rojas Wrote:Are you sure? I looked it up. Their web site said Cincinnati State was in the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). Cincinnati State is a technical and community college.

My bad...I mean JUCO. They are consistently one of the better JUCO programs in this region of the country.