Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR----Gillispie is OUT...
FloridaFan Wrote:Wow, awful move on Kentucky's part. I get sick of hearing how he can't coach on here, the man has been looked at by NBA personnel as a coach. No offense to the members on here, but most of you can't complain about his coaching, he was coach of the year in the SEC last year and has been Big 12 coach of the year. Billy Donovan isn't coming to UK, neither is Rick. They are happy with their jobs right now, and Billy D has turned down NBA money, UK can throw it at him, but the University of Florida has just as much if not more.

Go get Travis Ford, let him be a media darling, not win as many games as anyone would like, but UK knew what they were getting with Billy G. They knew it before they hired him, and hey hired him because they know that in 3-4 years he would have built a UK team that was important again, because UK basketball isn't that important on a national scale anymore, but everyone drops off. You gotta rebuild every once in a while and I really thought UK had it going right and understood it would take a few years. Apparently not, the program itself is going to be set back a few extra years if this is true, you're recruiting is going to drop off drastically, Billy G doesn't recruit one and done players, he recruits guys he can mold and build into a team.

I'm not a UK fan by any means, just look at my name. But I am a Billy G fan and have followed him for a very long time. He's a hard nosed coach, he doesn't pat backs and kiss ***, he does what hes there to do. Coach, recruit, and win. If UK doesn't want that then they can get a less capable coach, a less capable recruiter and someone who will baby the boosters. It's just the truth.
LOVE THIS POST AND AMEN!:Thumbs:
rallo316 Wrote:LOVE THIS POST AND AMEN!:Thumbs:

I'm with you :worthy:
Why is everyone so high on Travis Ford? He has a total of 2 NCAA appearances and only 1 win(this year) in the tournament. If he is not from KY, you would be laughed at for mentioning his name. We already have a Travis Ford type coach in BCG.
Besides you should be at least 5'3" to coach at KY. lol
Stardust Wrote:What press conference? Has the University ever mentioned a press conference os has it all been by word of bloggers?

I've not found a single credible source to even mention a Friday press conference. Nothing on Kentucky.com, ESPN.com, FoxSports.com, Cincinnati.com - nothing.
Lee Todd stated in this mornings paper there will be no news before Firday. Thats where the friday stuff comes in.
FloridaFan Wrote:Wow, awful move on Kentucky's part. I get sick of hearing how he can't coach on here, the man has been looked at by NBA personnel as a coach. No offense to the members on here, but most of you can't complain about his coaching, he was coach of the year in the SEC last year and has been Big 12 coach of the year. Billy Donovan isn't coming to UK, neither is Rick. They are happy with their jobs right now, and Billy D has turned down NBA money, UK can throw it at him, but the University of Florida has just as much if not more.

Go get Travis Ford, let him be a media darling, not win as many games as anyone would like, but UK knew what they were getting with Billy G. They knew it before they hired him, and hey hired him because they know that in 3-4 years he would have built a UK team that was important again, because UK basketball isn't that important on a national scale anymore, but everyone drops off. You gotta rebuild every once in a while and I really thought UK had it going right and understood it would take a few years. Apparently not, the program itself is going to be set back a few extra years if this is true, you're recruiting is going to drop off drastically, Billy G doesn't recruit one and done players, he recruits guys he can mold and build into a team.

I'm not a UK fan by any means, just look at my name. But I am a Billy G fan and have followed him for a very long time. He's a hard nosed coach, he doesn't pat backs and kiss ***, he does what hes there to do. Coach, recruit, and win. If UK doesn't want that then they can get a less capable coach, a less capable recruiter and someone who will baby the boosters. It's just the truth.
I am just curious which of those traits did Billy G show here at Ky. He was consistantly out coached, who has he recruited here (Orton, bad knee and all)(Tucker nobody else wanted him)( Liggins a turnover waiting to happen, by the he really coached him to become better) And now he got a birth in the NIT. Sounds like national championship material to me. As far as hard nosed, I believe the the better description would be stubborn and rude and arrogant as ****.
Don't know if this has been posted yet:

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories...3bf6f.html
Beef Wrote:Not to say that your sources are incorrect (seems to be what everyone is saying) but just because they are a member of the K Club doesn't make them reliable. My Dad is a member and he knows as much as me or you. It's mostly in what you read unless they are the 'major' donors to the program.

Found this email interesting from a woman that works in the administration department at UK:

Again, like everything else, take it for what it's worth.....

Just an FYI my sources are "major" donors of the University and athletic programs :Thumbs:
http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories...3bf6f.html

Sources are telling WHAS11’s (ABC Louisville) Kyle Draper and Danielle Santoro that Billy Gillispie will not be returning as the head coach of Kentucky next year.

After WHAS11 broke the story around 9:30 P.M., UK’s Sports Information Department issued a statement saying:

“UK men’s basketball coach Billy Gillispie has not been fired. There have been no meetings between Gillispie and UK officials today and there is no scheduled press conference for tomorrow.”

Again, WHAS11’s sources are saying Billy Gillispie will not be the head coach of the Kentucky men’s basketball team next year.
I keep hearing Billy Donovan around campus. Not sure how credible though.
just learned on WKYT 27 newsfirst that there will be a meeting between Lee Todd, Mitch Barnhart, & Billy Gillispie this afternoon. so we should know something before the nights up
Ugh, hurry and get this over with.
Quote:Ugh, hurry and get this over with.

your not the only one. im tired of hearing and talking about it. im anxious to c what they do and if Billy G is gone im anxious to C who they get to replace him
Strikeout King Wrote:just learned on WKYT 27 newsfirst that there will be a meeting between Lee Todd, Mitch Barnhart, & Billy Gillispie this afternoon. so we should know something before the nights up

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/41978737.html

It's been the story that's talked about all day: the future of UK coach Billy Gillispie.

Coach Gillispie is having a meeting this afternoon with President Lee Todd and Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart about Gillispie's future with the school.

Gillispie, himself, confirmed the meeting to 27 NEWSFIRST.

After UK's loss in the NIT Wednesday night, Lee Todd was quoted as saying no announcement about Gillispie's future would come before Friday.

If and when a news conference is called, WKYT will carry that live. We'll also have continuous updates on wkyt.com.
only time will tell
Well go wkyt.com and there is a link there about billy g and the future.....and a meeting is in place at the moment......

Here is a link:http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/41978737.html
they already posted that link about 2 posts above yours...
Id say he stays because the state would blow up if uk had to pay him 6 million, since todd went to the house and asked for money and also raised the college tution.
............and the wait continues..........

I can't do anything else today but look for updates!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ky wildcats Wrote:Id say he stays because the state would blow up if uk had to pay him 6 million, since todd went to the house and asked for money and also raised the college tution.
Duh The school will not pay the butout. The friends of the program will pay the buyout as usual.