Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New head coach @ Campbellsville High
Jason Chappell was named the new head coach @ Campbellsville High School. Should be an interesting year for the CHS Eagles because they have talent, and Chappell seems to be able to utilize the talent he has had at PCC and SL. Does he run a spread offense? What about the defense? Campbellsville has a good DC in Estes, and I am wondering if Chappell will change the style of defense played or leave it up to the DC.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

He does run the spread offense and does a great job scoring points. On the defense side of the ball they can't spell the word DEFENSE.
Paul Crewe Wrote:He does run the spread offense and does a great job scoring points. On the defense side of the ball they can't spell the word DEFENSE.

This is True
OUCH!!!!
Paul Crewe Wrote:He does run the spread offense and does a great job scoring points. On the defense side of the ball they can't spell the word DEFENSE.
I 3rd the comments above. His teams are usual passing teams that can score some points. They had rather not play defense so they can get the ball back quickly.
I agree too, Chapell has always been able to put up points on the board but never been able to keep other teams from putting higher numbers. It'll be interesting to see what he can do at CHS. Good Luck!
I honestly believe that Jason needs to hire a great minded person for his DC, one that believes in attacking and blitzing a lot of the times and one that's going to put pressure on the offense and not sit back and try to outscore teams
I sure hope that he improves on the defensive side of the ball.
Amped 88 Wrote:I sure hope that he improves on the defensive side of the ball.
CHS has a good DC already in place, he was the head coach for the last half of the season after the head coach resigned. CHS has a really good back in Thomas Downes and a good athlete in Brighten Taylor among others. If the defense can stay consistent and the offense can get some production, CHS can make some noise this season. I know the QB graduates this year and I am not sure about his replacement, especially in a pass happy offense I have seen from Chappell. CHS simply does not have that many students to choose from....

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:CHS has a good DC already in place, he was the head coach for the last half of the season after the head coach resigned. CHS has a really good back in Thomas Downes and a good athlete in Brighten Taylor among others. If the defense can stay consistent and the offense can get some production, CHS can make some noise this season. I know the QB graduates this year and I am not sure about his replacement, especially in a pass happy offense I have seen from Chappell. CHS simply does not have that many students to choose from....

Neither does Hazard (Have a lot to choose from, 125 boys in the school), but they've ran a spread type offense for the last several years and been successful. They do on occasion line up in the I but not a whole lot. As far as talent and athletisism goes Hazard and Campellsville mirror each other pretty close IMO. Campbellsville has traditionally ran more power football I think. Seems like when they played Hazard 2 years ago in the Region they lined up in the I and ran the Bridgewater kid a lot. I think Chappells style of offense will fit in nicely with the talent.
blitzingback Wrote:Neither does Hazard (Have a lot to choose from, 125 boys in the school), but they've ran a spread type offense for the last several years and been successful. They do on occasion line up in the I but not a whole lot. As far as talent and athletisism goes Hazard and Campellsville mirror each other pretty close IMO. Campbellsville has traditionally ran more power football I think. Seems like when they played Hazard 2 years ago in the Region they lined up in the I and ran the Bridgewater kid a lot. I think Chappells style of offense will fit in nicely with the talent.
Under Coach Wiseman they did have a power running game, and they went away from that at the beginning of the season last year. Wiseman was let go and the DC took over and the play-calling went back to the power run. You are correct when comparing Hazard and Campbellsville as far as numbers and talent level. Thomas Downes and Brighten Taylor are the two top athletes Campbellsville has returning, not sure about a QB as they lost theirs through graduation. Downes is as talented as almost anyone in 1A as far as a RB. Taylor is also a RB, but is a descent WR also.

Good luck.
best of luck jason
Campbellsville...you made the right choice!
Bull I'm pretty sure that Cville QB Schowbal(not sure about spelling) will be a senoir this coming season. Cville did use the spread passing game last season and really didn't have much success but this guy resume speaks for itself!!! Does he do a lot of down field passing or he uses screens and things like that? I don't know what type of WR Cville has coming back but they do have talent and if this guy is the coach everyone thinks he is they should win games, their district without a doubt and be in the hunt for the region
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Bull I'm pretty sure that Cville QB Schowbal(not sure about spelling) will be a senoir this coming season. Cville did use the spread passing game last season and really didn't have much success but this guy resume speaks for itself!!! Does he do a lot of down field passing or he uses screens and things like that? I don't know what type of WR Cville has coming back but they do have talent and if this guy is the coach everyone thinks he is they should win games, their district without a doubt and be in the hunt for the region
I thought Mcubbin was the QB...I really did not see them play, just heard a little on the radio. I only started covering the Taylor Co.\Campbellsville teams during basketball season, I was covering the Green County Dragons during football season, but next year I will more than likely stick with TC and CHS.

Pigskinman53 Wrote:Bull I'm pretty sure that Cville QB Schowbal(not sure about spelling) will be a senoir this coming season. Cville did use the spread passing game last season and really didn't have much success but this guy resume speaks for itself!!! Does he do a lot of down field passing or he uses screens and things like that? I don't know what type of WR Cville has coming back but they do have talent and if this guy is the coach everyone thinks he is they should win games, their district without a doubt and be in the hunt for the region

He mixes it up quite a bit. Tries to get you biting on the outside screens, then when you do they'll burn you deep. I'm anxious to see Coach C. with this team. I think he'll do very good there.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I thought Mcubbin was the QB...I really did not see them play, just heard a little on the radio. I only started covering the Taylor Co.\Campbellsville teams during basketball season, I was covering the Green County Dragons during football season, but next year I will more than likely stick with TC and CHS.

McCubbins was a WR/RB a very talented one at that!! As for Dale being a good DC I would have to disagree with that, I like Dale and thinks he does the best he can but over the past 3 years they are giving up 30 ppg. Granted that is against a very tough non district schudule of teams they play like LCa, Green Co., Marion Co. Frankfort and Danville
There new coach said in our newspaper that he likes to run 65 percent of the time and pass 35 percent. Also there QB Aaron Schwoebel is just a JR. He will be back next year.
Coach Chappell has been in enough systems to be able to adjust to what his players do well. The "System" as they call it fit his personel at South Laurel. If you trace Coach Chappell's line, he has had a nice QB at every stop. He works wel with QB's and teaching on the offensive side of the ball. What people fail to realize is that nothing would please him more than a defense that flies around all over the place making plays and causing turnovers.
I think C-ville fans will be pleased with Coach Chappell, he will need a little time and true support.
TCCardinal Wrote:There new coach said in our newspaper that he likes to run 65 percent of the time and pass 35 percent. Also there QB Aaron Schwoebel is just a JR. He will be back next year.

He didn't run it 65% of the time at South Laurel I would say it should be switched around.
Amped 88 Wrote:He didn't run it 65% of the time at South Laurel I would say it should be switched around.

You are correct!!!
Don't get used to him being there for long. 2 years as Head Coach of Perry Central and 2-3 years as Head Coach of SL. Look for 2-3 years and then he probably move on.
I wouldnt of stayed 2 or 3 months moreless 2 or 3 years at Perry and South Laurel. (BASKETBALL SCHOOL). I believe Chappell has found a place where he will stay. I think he has the athletes to compete for a Class A Title every couple of years at C-ville. Good small school in a small college town. I also hear he likes to Musky fish, so he's real close to Green River Lake now where he can slay them. Good luck Chappy.
The talent in Campbellsville takes a massive drop after this senior class leaves...