Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood's Teipel to walk on at UC
Congrats Nieco.
Congrats and good luck!
Congrads
congrats and G/L
Congrats!
Congrats Neico. NKY is getting a good number of players at UC. Good luck.
I only say him play on TV but I think he will have a chance to eventually get some PT at UC. He is a very good player IMO.
So is he a preferred walk-on? Congrats either way.
I have only seen a little film from an Ohio State camp I believe but I am suprised he didn't get a scholarship from someone. He looked big, atheletic and fast.
redcoach Wrote:I have only seen a little film from an Ohio State camp I believe but I am suprised he didn't get a scholarship from someone. He looked big, atheletic and fast.

Neico had the opportunity to accept scholarships from other schools, but I think he wasnted to play close to home as well as play for a D1 school. UC has been on his list of schools for as long as I have heard the recruiting news about him.

Baseballislife may be able to fill in the blanks, but it is my understanding that Neico was able to go to UC and pay his way without costing UC a scholarship. I think this may be similar to a Chris Mills situation.
I've seen Nieco play the past two seasons and he is by-far one of the best backs I've ever seen at the high school level.

Best of luck to Teipal at UC!
Congrats!
congrats from belfry!
Teipel wanted to play for a D1 school from the start and there was some interest from some more local D1 schools for his services but no one was ready to pull the trigger for a scholarship. Teipel had plenty of scholarships from smaller schools but he decided to go the walk-on route.

Based on Teipel's frame, he will project to be either a RB or defensive back in college. From who I have talked to he can fit into a lot of positions at this point and time. He has the speed to play at the D1 level. He just needs to put on some weight and some muscle and he will be able to add some strength to that speed. UC has one of the best Strength and Conditioning programs in the nation so putting on weight and muscle should be no problem for Neico.
Congradulations Show Them What You Can Do