Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knight reportedly also interested in Alabama job
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports...abama.html

Bob Knight is apparently interested in more than the Georgia job.

Last week, a person claiming to be a friend of Knight’s told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Furman Bisher — under the condition of anonymity — that Knight was very much interested in the Georgia basketball job and, in fact, would accept it if it was offered

Wrote Finebaum: “According to someone who talked directly with Knight, the now ESPN commentator [has begun] investigating the Alabama job. Big-time. He looked at tapes of games. He studied the roster. He looked at who had signed with the Tide for next year and who might still be available. ‘He would like the job,’ said the friend of Knight’s. The man, who asked for anonymity, said Knight was serious and had strong interest in the Alabama job. The person said if Mal Moore picked up the phone and called, he would seriously entertain an offer — probably even accept.”

Meanwhile, while the prospect of having Knight coach the Bulldogs appeals to a lot of Georgia fans — one UGA student is circulating a petition asking that President Michael Adams and Damon Evans at least grant an interview — there is no way to gauge the Bulldogs’ actual interest.

Adams and Evans have declined comment or speculate on potential candidates. Georgia plans to hire a search firm to assemble a candidate pool.
Apparently he just wants to go to the SEC.
^ I agree
He must want out of ESPN!
Bk in the SEC would be a welcome sight, we haven't had this much energy since Pitino.
Maybe you wildcats could get him to coach your team.
Well as I have said before BK knows he has a few more good yes as gear coach and a coach always wants to coach. It is in their good and the heart is shaped likes a basketball. Knight will be a strong threat in the sec no matter what tea. Re only thing I say to the coaches and opposing players Knight will throw more than chairs in winning. Take my word for it right now sec needs a mentor .
I think he would make SEC coaches interviews a whole mot more exciting! lol