Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBS 14th region All A Champions
Nice win for JBS. They have a nice team. The only thing I didnt agree with was with a 40 point lead the coach left at least 4 starters in !! Why?? Not very good sportsmanship !! Maybe with 4 minutes left he thought Hazard would come back and win ?? That usually comes back to haunt you !! ASK RANDY AT PCC !!!
Why did he leave the starters in? must be a JBS thing.
Who do they play in Richmond?
JBS has a pretty good team but I do not see them doing anything spectacular at Richmond.
KyGurl Wrote:Nice win for JBS. They have a nice team. The only thing I didnt agree with was with a 40 point lead the coach left at least 4 starters in !! Why?? Not very good sportsmanship !! Maybe with 4 minutes left he thought Hazard would come back and win ?? That usually comes back to haunt you !! ASK RANDY AT PCC !!!
Are you sure JBS won the 14th region All A? Who knocked off Leslie County?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Are you sure JBS won the 14th region All A? Who knocked off Leslie County?

I don't think Leslie was in it this year. I believe it was a one and done thing just like Knott Central a couple of years ago.

That is typical of a JBS team to beat someone as bad as they can. As posted earlier it will and does come back to haunt you. JBS will be one and done at Richmond. They do not have good enough guard play to handle what the teams in the All A state tournament will throw at them.
Hazard beat Leslie.
My goodness! How bad of break can one get. Owsley County lost to June Buchanan at their place by 3 points, 57-54) in overtime. And they had to play the game without their leading scorer and rebounder, junior Mika Turner (24 ppg, 13rpg). Mika had to miss the game due to mono. A healthy Mika and maybe Owsley is playing in Richmond this week. Sad
i think the reason he left the starters in is because jbs doesnt have a very deep bench at all he just doesnt have the players that can hold a lead at all with 4 min. left.
Congrats to Coach Hayes and the Crusaders on winning the All"A" 14 th Region and good luck in Richmond.
Congrats to JBS.
His bench can't hold a 40 pt lead with 4 min to go GIVE ME A BREAK. How many pts did Hazard score the whole game. Not to mention coach Fannen wouldn't press June B's last 5 players he is better than that. June B's coach did the same thing vs Lee Co. with a 20 pt lead he didn't take his starters out until it was under 1 min. to go.
We've played JBS a few times in the last couple of years; the coach seems to be a nice man - as is Hazard's coach.

Maybe, and I'm not really familiar with that region, but it seems like JBS has taken some pretty bad beatings in the past. Could this be some revenge? I'm not saying it's right if it is, but could it be that it's coming back around so to speak on the teams that have beaten JBS pretty badly in the past?

I'm not advocating this; just wondering.
BballFan63 Wrote:We've played JBS a few times in the last couple of years; the coach seems to be a nice man - as is Hazard's coach.

Maybe, and I'm not really familiar with that region, but it seems like JBS has taken some pretty bad beatings in the past. Could this be some revenge? I'm not saying it's right if it is, but could it be that it's coming back around so to speak on the teams that have beaten JBS pretty badly in the past?

I'm not advocating this; just wondering.

I thought JBS is a Christian School. I do believe revenge belongs to someone a little higher than JBS.
Can't believe you guys are talking about JBS running the score up on someone. They only have 9 or 10 girls on the team and that is just so they can practice, 7 that can actually play a little bit. If when they put in their 3 or 4 subs they have they wouldn't even know hardly what to do. So I'm sure even with a 20 pt lead with any amount of time left would be in danger if you just put them in without a couple of their starters in the game. Give them a break, goodness. It's not like the Texas team that won 100-0 the other day!
Even if they only have 10 kids playing still play the younger ones. I would be willing to guess that if Hayes would have put his young kids in, those that he has, Hazard would have done the same.
Ive had the opportunity to talk to coach Hayes...he seems like a very nice man. I dont think this was for revenge or anything like that...just something that had to be done.
Benchwarmer Wrote:I thought JBS is a Christian School. I do believe revenge belongs to someone a little higher than JBS.

you're right; maybe revenge was the wrong choice of words.
i believe that coach Hayes is a nice man. i dont think he would do anything to harm any of the players.
some of jbs's subs look like they are only 6th or 7th graders though and i dont think they have had all that much basketball experiance. so i can see why he would leave his starters in that long.
im just wondering if they pressed or put a lot of pressure on hazard with that kind of lead?
fanatic11 Wrote:i believe that coach Hayes is a nice man. i dont think he would do anything to harm any of the players.
some of jbs's subs look like they are only 6th or 7th graders though and i dont think they have had all that much basketball experiance. so i can see why he would leave his starters in that long.
im just wondering if they pressed or put a lot of pressure on hazard with that kind of lead?

youre right, the majority of the benched players are EXTREMELY young and havent had much experience at all.
fanatic11 Wrote:i think the reason he left the starters in is because jbs doesnt have a very deep bench at all he just doesnt have the players that can hold a lead at all with 4 min. left.

Are you saying the bench cant hold a 40 point win with 4 minutes left ??
If their bench can not hold a 40 point lead with 4 minutes to go then they shouldn't even be playing!
Congrats Jbs.
jump_shot5 Wrote:If their bench can not hold a 40 point lead with 4 minutes to go then they shouldn't even be playing!

with the lack of numbers at jbs coach hayes will take any girl he can get to come out and play
ASK RANDY WHAT? Come back to haunt him? Hes been kicking *** for the past 20 some years. He beat the Pups this year didnt he, with a grade school team. The man has won 600 and some games. Nobody is in his league in the 14th region. He'll have the top team in the region in a year or two. And just because he is a little down this year, dont count him out.
[quote=Hitman7]ASK RANDY WHAT? Come back to haunt him? Hes been kicking *** for the past 20 some years. He beat the Pups this year didnt he, with a grade school team. The man has won 600 and some games. Nobody is in his league in the 14th region. He'll have the top team in the region in a year or two. And just because he is a little down this year, dont count him out.[/quo

He beats teams as bad as he can. This only hurts the kids, but I guess gives him a ego boost. Yes he has had good teams, but how many times in the last 5 years has he gone to state? That is the main objective !!!