Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 63 - Madison Central 61
Another top 10 team goes down. Some great Basketball with some of the top teams tonight.

http://www.kentucky.com

Madison Central 11 11 26 13 61

South Laurel 12 14 18 19 63

Madison Central -- Mayes 19, Clay 14, Jenkins 10, Simpson 7, Ford 2.
South Laurel -- Ding 13, Watkins 17, Gilbert 3, Smith 2, St. John 25, Huff 3.
Great win for SL, congrats!
A little bit of an upset here. South Laurel is a very good team at 13-4 and has the potential to knock of just about anybody.
FBALL Wrote:A little bit of an upset here. South Laurel is a very good team at 13-4 and has the potential to knock of just about anybody.

I was going to say an upset, but as you said, SL has a tremendous amount of talent. This a team with four straight sweet 16 appearances, winning the State four years ago.
Simpson is the key to Madison Central winning. He is a strong Charles Barkley type player. Actually I believe he better in football than basketball.

Looks like he ran up on someone he could not over-power and his name was St. John.

St. John is one of the fewer players in the state that may be stronger than Simpson and has the bulk not to get pushed around.

Another good win for Coach Wright and SL.
I've watched some video on both and neither are as good as I first thought they where, but yeah, this is considered a mild upset.

Congrats Cards!