Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg
I didn't know that they was doing this bad this season what is going on.
Thats a very good question. I hope someone has a good answer. I think Red and Black summed it up well in another thread if I can dig it up.
Prestonsburg is doing better slowly, but surely. They played a great ball game tonight, but stupid penalties killed them.

You think this thread is neccessary?
blackcat Wrote:Prestonsburg is doing better slowly, but surely. They played a great ball game tonight, but stupid penalties killed them.

You think this thread is neccessary?
Yes this thread is very neccessary bescause as long as I have played football Prestonsburg has always been good and this really is a shock that they are doing this bad. :wtf1:
I think it's just Pburg's turn to have a down year. That's high school football.
Nice try Blackcats keep improving and I'll see you all next week when the Hornets roll into town.
I would like to thank the two P-burg cheerleaders who had enough sportsmanship to go out on the field while the SC cheerleaders were standing there waiting for them to "good game" them. FINALLY (slowly) the rest of the squad, due to parents urgings, joined the two. IDK who the two were, but you showed grace & good sportsmanship. Keep up the good work.
Nice job by those two.
To anyone whom may have read my first two post on this matter. I would like to ask you to forget what was posted. I was having a bad day watching UK suck and let my feelings from my high school days get involved. Sorry

I'll try not to let that happen again.
blu Wrote:I would like to thank the two P-burg cheerleaders who had enough sportsmanship to go out on the field while the SC cheerleaders were standing there waiting for them to "good game" them. FINALLY (slowly) the rest of the squad, due to parents urgings, joined the two. IDK who the two were, but you showed grace & good sportsmanship. Keep up the good work.

I agree and I also want to mention that the Hornets # 54 was on the sidelines laying on the ground injuried and how Pike Central players and coaches came over and " Good Gamed" him, now that great sportsmanship also.
CatDawg Wrote:I think it's just Pburg's turn to have a down year. That's high school football.

:thumb: Prestonsburg is down compared to the talent they have had in the past few seasons. They have play good competition this year.
Down??

According to previous posts they only lost one offensive lineman from last season. What other positions did they graduate last year? I haven't seen any one mention their loss other than the one lineman. I agree they have played good teams, but those teams are in a small school class aren't they?

How do you think moving Hughes into start at QB and Shaeffer (SP?) to his new spot worked out?
they lost a lot to graduation they had a great qb last year as well as a pretty **** good backfield
they had a good squad a yr b4. But this yr all it is, is penalties and ability to gain yardage through the air.
WOW Wrote:Down??

According to previous posts they only lost one offensive lineman from last season. What other positions did they graduate last year? I haven't seen any one mention their loss other than the one lineman. I agree they have played good teams, but those teams are in a small school class aren't they?

How do you think moving Hughes into start at QB and Shaeffer (SP?) to his new spot worked out?

Prestonsburg started 8 out of 9 seniors last year, the amount of leadership they had last year is absent this year. All 8 of those could have went on and played college ball somewhere, so they lost a lot of talent.

They need Shaffer to play TE to give them a strong side and an extra block. Hughes has a good arm, but there offense isn't set up to throw the ball, it's now to simply run the ball, which IMO worked well against SC and will continue to work well the remainder of the season. They will have everything together come playoff time.
every teams due for a down year evert once and a while this years it is p burg
not true Fatman, when was the last time Belfry had a down year?? or saint X or trinity?? I think the problem this year is that Derossett doent have the talent that he usually has and everybody is gonna realize after this year how bad of a coach he really was and how good the teams Pburg has had the past 4 or 5 years (talent wise) really were. I have been preaching this in Pburg since I was a sophmore and we lost to Breathitt Co., they were a machine that year, but we still should have beat them. Derossett always falls under the pressure of big games and it makes himself along with his players look bad.