Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in the Mountains, so far?
Ben Benedict-Estill County
Justin Covey-Estill County
Jesse Rose-Powell County

I can't believe i just gave someone from PC props lol, but he's a heck of a ball player. Also, #80 from PC had a very good game against Estill, but i'm not sure how he's done in the rest of their games.
Caleb Frazier from letcher Central may be the best kept secret in the mountains. Not only does he play a "mean" linebacker---He may well be the best punter in Eastern Ky. excellent distance AND hang time.
The Kelly kid from SC is a beast and so are the Crowder brothers from AC.
Best player in the mountains is a freshman. Look out you will all agree soon.
Hazard has Adams who is overlooked alot. He has got some wheels and runs alot of different routes. He is a solid threat on offense anytime against any defender. I like watching his highlights, the agility and deception are college material for certain. I would like to know more about his mental toughness and if he is a good leader on that team or not. You can have alot of talent but still lack in ability to take charge and inspire your team.
Top 5. IMO
4) Amis-PCC
5) Haddix-Breathitt
I see some great names on here, but how could anyone not mention J.J. Jude? This kid will be better than anyone I've read so far. He's Johnson Centrals Key asset. With Jude and Richardson it'll be hard to defeat the beast which is Johnson Central This year.
JohnsonCentralPride Wrote:I see some great names on here, but how could anyone not mention J.J. Jude? This kid will be better than anyone I've read so far. He's Johnson Centrals Key asset. With Jude and Richardson it'll be hard to defeat the beast which is Johnson Central This year.

I think it is where he has kind of exploded on the scene. I believe the rest of this year and years to come he will get his full due. I did mention your boys Richardson and Dillon. I can't wait to see them all play for real on Nov 7th when the Pirates roll into town.
Seth Setser's stats as of 9/16.

Offense
Rushing - 61 att. 461 yds. 9tds.
Receiving - 2 rec. 26 yds.

Defense
Tackles - 20 & 23 assisted tackles
Pburg has atleast 2 of the top players easily in Setser and Craynon and possibly a 3rd, IMO Austin Gearheart is one of the best recievers in the mountains for Pburg. I would also throw Fugate in there from Breathitt and Lewis from Clay county just to name a few.
For Johnson Central seniors im going with Chase Richardson,Ian Welch and Dennis Dillon. Not to mention there underclassman with Nathan Dillon, Tanner Bratton, J.K.Hall...those are just the ones that pops in my head. JCHS has a very talented team.:1:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Seth Setser's stats as of 9/16.

Offense
Rushing - 61 att. 461 yds. 9tds.
Receiving - 2 rec. 26 yds.

Defense
Tackles - 20 & 23 assisted tackles

I forgot all about Setser, and he has to be one of the top players. Hands down. When is Pburg's next home game, i would like to watch them a little more this year.
The crowder boys do not impress me really they really havent played anyone
Haha, Thats true. When the Pirates step off the boat there gonna have to display what fundamental football really is. But with these guys it should be -no- problem =)
Jesse Rose--Powell County
Jarrod Barron--Powell County
John Hooker the main Target of Zach Lewis @ Clay has to be in this Mix of Athletes.
Yea, I guess we will see. All I have to say is that When Belfry steps off the boat they better be ready, cause if not they'll be walking back to pike county when central blows that boat up!!!
JohnsonCentralPride Wrote:Yea, I guess we will see. All I have to say is that When Belfry steps off the boat they better be ready, cause if not they'll be walking back to pike county when central blows that boat up!!!

lol sounds like we have a pretty heated battle going on here.
Ryan Kelly is a heck of a running back
And Matt Slone

Both from SC
JackFrost Wrote:Yeah im not sure which but the one that played linebakcer last year and this year is the one tht gets my vote. But dont get me wrong they both are good its just that one stands out more than the other. IMO
They both play linebacker, Hunter is a few inches taller than Logan, but there both big strong kids...also both juniors
I can't believe no one's mentioned the Sheppard kid from Lawrence.. IMO best player I've seen so far
Slone, Kelly & Stepp from SC are all great players and the stats can back it up.
Amos from Hazard great athlete
Windsprint Wrote:Caleb Frazier from letcher Central may be the best kept secret in the mountains. Not only does he play a "mean" linebacker---He may well be the best punter in Eastern Ky. excellent distance AND hang time.

He could also be one of the best fb in mountains if the coach would give him a chance.:confused:
JCHS Dillon/Richardson are in there....

Jude will be a good one in the near future.
tail back, Jostan Helton from Magoffin!
JackFrost Wrote:I forgot all about Setser, and he has to be one of the top players. Hands down. When is Pburg's next home game, i would like to watch them a little more this year.

October 17, against Pikeville.
I would say that Harmon from Pikeville would have to be the top cornerback that I've seen play. He's a heck of a RB, but I would put him up against anyone in the state at corner. He's a lockdown defender and only gave up one pass last year.
He also has to be among the top punt and kick returners around. I was told that he has fielded upto five footballs while receiving punts in practice without letting any hit the ground. I saw a Dallas Cowboy returner field six on "Hardknocks.'