Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central/Morgan County Scrimmage
I heard they scrimmaged Friday. How did everything go?
The AC vs. MC scrimmage was done in 2 parts. The first half was 10 offensive downs then switch to defense- TD's were 6 and extra points were 1 and 2. At the end of the first half it was 13-13. The second half of the scrimmage was two 12 minute quarters with regular game play. The final score was AC 21 Morgan County 19.
All 3 AC scores came against Morgan's 2nd team defense. Both teams looked pretty good though. AC's two QBs are impressive. So is Morgan's defense. Hard hitting game.
how good is MC?
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:how good is MC?

I can't say "how good" MC is- but they outnumbered and outsized Allen Central. I'm guessing- but I'd say MC had about 45 players dressed while Allen Central dressed 22.
gotcha2 Wrote:I can't say "how good" MC is- but they outnumbered and outsized Allen Central. I'm guessing- but I'd say MC had about 45 players dressed while Allen Central dressed 22.

So we could say they are 'larger' but not good enough to pull one out against the Rebels?
I can see that happening. I guess AC has something to prove this year.
Its a scrimmage. It don't matter the score of the scrimmage, what matters if you find your weaknesses now and correct them for the next scrimmage and first game.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:how good is MC?

Morgan is much better than last year. New coach. New attitulde. In the AC scrimmage, both 1st team linebackers didn't dress and their top running back was out with an injury. Another 'good' linebacker who just transferred in from Ohio didn't dress either. Morgan has around 50 players....enough that they don't have to play both ways. Offensive line made up mainly of freshmen and sophs. Weakest part of their game but should come around by mid season.