Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phillip Wireman at Johnson Central?
Is Phillip Wireman still the head coach at Johnson Central?
Yes he still is the head coach.
I guess this was asked because Phillip Wireman is the new principal at Johnson Central but yes he will still be the head coach at JC. However, I do believe he has already announced this will be his last season as coach.
How will he be able to do both jobs? Doesn't a head principle need to be accessable at all times, if other things are going on at the school.
That is why you also have Vice Principles.
Most people expect the principle to be there. Not the Vices.
AmazingFan Wrote:Most people expect the principle to be there. Not the Vices.

What does coaching have to do with him not being there? Wouldn't he be there anyway? Besides, there are assistant coaches who can cover when he has an administrative duty to deal with. He's been an assistant principal for a long time, and when issues came up then, I'm sure the assistant coaches covered.

Also, what good are vice/assistant principals if no one wants to deal with them?
Phillip will do both jobs very successfully.
Yes I agree he will do a fine job handling both! He's got everyone back on his team anyway he shouldn't have to do to much coaching!
JC_Eagle_Alumni Wrote:Yes I agree he will do a fine job handling both! He's got everyone back on his team anyway he shouldn't have to do to much coaching!

I'm confused. I thought principals were not allowed to coach. Coach Rowe from Pike Central, Coach Akers from Betsy Layne are a couple that come to mind that stepped down when they become principals. Is there a rule with KHSAA on this?
fan in the stands Wrote:I'm confused. I thought principals were not allowed to coach. Coach Rowe from Pike Central, Coach Akers from Betsy Layne are a couple that come to mind that stepped down when they become principals. Is there a rule with KHSAA on this?

Good question. What is the answer though?
fan in the stands Wrote:I'm confused. I thought principals were not allowed to coach. Coach Rowe from Pike Central, Coach Akers from Betsy Layne are a couple that come to mind that stepped down when they become principals. Is there a rule with KHSAA on this?

I think thats determined by the board of education in each county.
clipperw Wrote:I think thats determined by the board of education in each county.

I believe you are correct in your thinking. It's determined by the superintendent and the board of education.
Who are Phillip's assistants?
The BOE granted Wireman to become principal and keep the coaching for this coming season and then he will step down so he hoping that this senior group will bring him a reginal title in his final year. I just wonder who will replace Wireman ?:letsparty
Jed Clampett Wrote:The BOE granted Wireman to become principal and keep the coaching for this coming season and then he will step down so he hoping that this senior group will bring him a reginal title in his final year. I just wonder who will replace Wireman ?:letsparty

Thanks for that info. I had figured he would only do both for one year...isn't his daughter a senior? Coaching and being principal is an overflowing plate...you can do both --but only short term.
I believe his asst are his sister, a former player and some other guy... i can't remember any of their names but i know that much haha!