Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it time for a Reds "Fire Sale?"
Been hearing rumors that if signs of life aren't seen soon from the Reds - there will be a shake-up. 7 consecutive losing seasons. Junior hasn't been able to deliver a playoff appearance let alone a championship. Adam Dunn doesn't appear to a player to build a franchise around as many had hoped years ago. Lot of young talent coming up to the Reds. All combinations for a "fire sale."

My prediction, but look for the Reds to deal Adam Dunn by the July 31st trade deadline. There are rumors that Junior will be dealt away, possibly to the Rays (near his Orlando home). I don't see that happening, unless the Reds get an unbelieveable offer from someone and Junior would have to show a live bat to attract anything but a novelty idea of him going to Seattle or DH-ing in Tampa Bay.

Others that could be dealt? What about the unhappy Ryan Freel who's being over-paid to sit the bench and doesn't have a future in the Reds youth movement. Also, guitar slinger Bronson Arroyo could easily be dealt away.

Don't get down Reds fans, better things are coming. This current bunch is something like 6 games better this year than they were last year at this time, but can they put it together in the next 3 weeks to be considered contenders?
trade griffey and everyone else stay. reds will be alright.
Trade Griffey, Dunn, and Bailey and get prospects in return. That's all those 3 are worth anyways.
BCF4L Wrote:Trade Griffey, Dunn, and Bailey and get prospects in return. That's all those 3 are worth anyways.
Totally agree with your post. Took the 3 players that I was going to put down! Bailey GOT ROCKED and has all 13 innings that he has thrown this year~
I would wait until after the All-Star break to get rid of Griffey...as for Dunn, unless I could get something big or a few promising prospects I'd keep him. His run production is always there year in and year out and plus you need someone in the line up that can yank one out of the park at any time. Bailey is having some mechanical issues and isn't turning out to be the player everyone thought he would be....I think with more work in the minors he would be ready to go in another year. We need some active arms in the rotation to go along with Cueto, Volquez and Harrang. Our bullpen flat out sucks with the exception of Corderro, Burton and every now and then Affeldt. I just think we need to make the moves that will make us contenders...because this Reds fan is tired of the b.s. and hearing "wait til next year."
IRISH4 Wrote:I would wait until after the All-Star break to get rid of Griffey...as for Dunn, unless I could get something big or a few promising prospects I'd keep him. His run production is always there year in and year out and plus you need someone in the line up that can yank one out of the park at any time. Bailey is having some mechanical issues and isn't turning out to be the player everyone thought he would be....I think with more work in the minors he would be ready to go in another year. We need some active arms in the rotation to go along with Cueto, Volquez and Harrang. Our bullpen flat out sucks with the exception of Corderro, Burton and every now and then Affeldt. I just think we need to make the moves that will make us contenders...because this Reds fan is tired of the b.s. and hearing "wait til next year."

I totally agree!:Thumbs:
The Reds are not as far away from becoming a winning team as everyone thinks. They are really really young.
The Reds have potential and will be good in years to come if they can keep everyone together and healthy. Cincinnati has been my favorite team for as long as I can remember, but aside from making the playoffs back in the Ron Gant days (mid 90's) we really haven't done much since. We just need to eliminate the stupid mistakes, errors and get our relief pitching to where it needs to be....because honestly we've been in about 75% of the games that we've been beat.
IRISH4 Wrote:The Reds have potential and will be good in years to come if they can keep everyone together and healthy. Cincinnati has been my favorite team for as long as I can remember, but aside from making the playoffs back in the Ron Gant days (mid 90's) we really haven't done much since. We just need to eliminate the stupid mistakes, errors and get our relief pitching to where it needs to be....because honestly we've been in about 75% of the games that we've been beat.
Hey..There has been a Ron Gant sighting! I am his biggest fan of all-time, lol!!
HAHAHA....I remember when we picked him up from Atlanta I believe....I thought we were gonna be in the World Series...just the way he could mash was amazing let alone how his biceps about split the uniform...lol. Too bad we couldn't put everything together...I'm never going to give up on my Reds but we need to put a winner on the field and as of now we're giving away more than we are gaining.
I think that Griffey will be with another team this season or next season for shure. He is in that stage of his career that I think he will be a DH in the AL. I think Dunn will be kind of hard to get rid of because he either strikes out or hits a homerun. Most teams would like the homeruns but they wouldnt like all the strikeouts.