Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 6 Boone County 0 Scrimmage
I didnt stay around for this game. I left out warmups. Little one was getting fussy. Gametime was delayed till 9pm. I did get a couple pics of the two teams though. I will post them later after I resize the.

The final score was Ashland 6- Boone County 0
Do you know if the varsity or Junior Varsity scored the points for the Tomcats?
It was Ashlands varsity, the jv didn't get to play because the lights went out before the start of the 4th quarter.
Thanks RayRay and welcome to the site.
The score was a run by Tyler Reliford. Not sure of the exact yardage, but I'd estimate 30-35. It was a great game, mostly defensive. Tomcats had a goal line stand and Boone missed the field goal on 4th down. The Tomcat linemen didn't play like they can, but still a decent showing. Lights going out with 3 mins. left in the 3rd was a real downer. I wanted to see how the game would turn out. Tomcats lead off the season next week with Raceland at home.
Good luck against the rams and thanks for the info.
Are the light just on an auto timer or did they just go out?
Being at the game, my belief is that it was on a timer. The lights seemed to go off right at 10. If not, it must have just been coincidence.

But on to details of the game, i personally thought it was a great game. One I'd like to see as a regular season match-up one day. Ashland scored on a nice run by Tyler Reliford for the only score of the game. Bonne County had a short pass that went for a touchdown after the receiver broke a tackle and headed down the sideline that was called back due to a block in the back penalty. Boone County had one great opportunity to score but was stopped on a set of downs that started inside the 10. Boone may have scored had it not of been for a false start penalty that stalled the drive. Boone elected for a field goal attempt on 4th down which I believe went wide left.

Both teams were able to move the ball most of the night, just neither had prolonged drives due to some great defenses using the bend but don't break technique. Most of Boone's yardage came from running the ball between the tackles, but they showed very little of their air attack. Ashland's running attack was stiffled by Boone's defense which continually kept 7 men in the box. Ashland's passing attack faired very well althought Ian Holbrook was having to avoid the pass rush all night. Ashland's 3rd down and long conversion rate was very high which aided the continuation of many drives.
Congrats Ashland!! Tongue
Thanks for the info TC68 and welcome to the site.
All I can say is WOW, Ashlands Defense if for real this year, we stopped a top 15 ranked team in 3a, which wasEast Jessamine, and a Very Very good 4a program in Boone Co.I think that if we play our type of defense every game, like the Boone co. game, then we are looking at a possible trip to Louisville.But back to the subject, I believe Boone Co. had 58 total yards, and Ashland had 8 missed tackles that gave them 57 of them. If we make those 8 tackles, then the have only 1 yard of offense, and thats unbelievable, against any team.Also i believe that Shaun Alexanders cousin playes for them, and he is getting offers form major D1 schools. But all in all, id say ashland has a great chance at anyone on their schedule this year.
ABomb Wrote:All I can say is WOW, Ashlands Defense if for real this year, we stopped a top 15 ranked team in 3a, which wasEast Jessamine, and a Very Very good 4a program in Boone Co.I think that if we play our type of defense every game, like the Boone co. game, then we are looking at a possible trip to Louisville.But back to the subject, I believe Boone Co. had 58 total yards, and Ashland had 8 missed tackles that gave them 57 of them. If we make those 8 tackles, then the have only 1 yard of offense, and thats unbelievable, against any team.Also i believe that Shaun Alexanders cousin playes for them, and he is getting offers form major D1 schools. But all in all, id say ashland has a great chance at anyone on their schedule this year.

8) 8) Sure sounds like you all have a stiff Defense this year. Boone County sure isnt a push over team.

Congratulations and good luck next week. Idea
Thanks, i just hope we can carry our momentum from lately to our regular season games :oops:
ABomb Wrote:Thanks, i just hope we can carry our momentum from lately to our regular season games :oops:

Im sure they will.. I just stayed for the start of the game and Ashland appears to have great team speed.. Should be a HELL of season 8)

Good luck to the TCATS and all thier fans.
I thought we played well in this scrimage, we beat a great football team! I thought our defense played hard and was quick at getting to the ball. And on offense our passing game went good, but it may be a game or two before our running game comes around and our O-line gels.

Good luck to Boone County this year!
I think the running game is there, and the O-line is coming around. The first test comes Friday so I guess we'll find out for sure.