Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central-15 Knott County Central-2
The rebels take home their first win if the season. L.Crowder records the Win. The rebels played very well in this game after losing earlier in the day to Powell County 18-2
What is wrong with KCC? I thought they were suppose to be somewhat better than last season from what I have been reading. Congrats AC on the win!
Knott had just played a great game against Powell. Althought the score of that game was 12-2, it was actually closer than that. Take away a couple of balls that were dropped and a baserunner mistake and Knott would have been closer.

Knott gave up a lot of base on balls in the AC game. They were tired. Plus, add the umpire home cooking, and this game may have been different. I hate watching a game at AC. You just can't get an even keel there.
Knockoutking Wrote:The rebels take home their first win if the season. L.Crowder records the Win. The rebels played very well in this game after losing earlier in the day to Powell County 18-2

Hopefully the Rebels Defense has started to come together. With such a young/inexperienced pitching staff- the Rebels need their defense in top shape to get the wins.

Keep your heads up guys- keep working and it will all come together. GOOD LUCK next week at Pike Central and Jenkins.

GO REBELS!!
Jeter_theman Wrote:Knott had just played a great game against Powell. Althought the score of that game was 12-2, it was actually closer than that. Take away a couple of balls that were dropped and a baserunner mistake and Knott would have been closer.

Knott gave up a lot of base on balls in the AC game. They were tired. Plus, add the umpire home cooking, and this game may have been different. I hate watching a game at AC. You just can't get an even keel there.

Knott got beat really bad by a good Powell County team and a mediocre Allen Central team. I don't think you when you get beat this bad you can blame it on umpires. Sometimes in close games umpires can come into play, but not when you got beat by double digits. I think regardless of any dropped balls or anything like that, Powell would have still found a way to mercy rule Knott. They are a solid club, and a front-runner in that region. Congrats AC and Powell on good games.:Clap:
Nice job Rebels! Congrats on the win!
Congrats Allen Central.
may i mention that Little did not play and wasn't even present at this game.
Congrats AC.
This score really shocks me. This is a good example of the 15th being a step above the 14th region this year. I think from top to bottom the 15th region is better than the 14th, and it may send a team to the final four this year with state pairings being what they are.
The 15th has been a step ahead for the past 10 years. The 14th has some good teams. They just choke when it comes tournament time.
Jeter_theman Wrote:The 15th has been a step ahead for the past 10 years. The 14th has some good teams. They just choke when it comes tournament time.

Well there has been a few years here and there where the 14th as a whole was better than the 15th. Teams such as Hazard, Perry Central, Powell, Estill, Leslie, and even Lee County through 99-2002. These teams on certain years have been better than the majority of the 15th region teams. Of course Paintsville and JC have normally always had good teams, but the majority was not as good as the 14th is some of those seasons during the past 10 to 15 years.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This score really shocks me. This is a good example of the 15th being a step above the 14th region this year. I think from top to bottom the 15th region is better than the 14th, and it may send a team to the final four this year with state pairings being what they are.

I think it is too early to make that assumption just yet. This years KCC team is not the typical team they have had in years past. This is a big rebuilding year for them. There are several quality teams in the 14th and 15th Region. The winner of the 14th Region is going to be a tough out of the State Tourney...IMO
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This score really shocks me. This is a good example of the 15th being a step above the 14th region this year. I think from top to bottom the 15th region is better than the 14th, and it may send a team to the final four this year with state pairings being what they are.

With the impressive Hazard victory over P'burg, maybe the 15th isn't a step ahead top to bottom of the 14th Region. It is early in the season and their are cross region matchups the rest of the season, so time will tell....
AC will be better by District
I can't figure why everyone on here is shocked that KCC got beat. This is a young team and some have not played in years. Do you all think they are just gonna start hitting home runs and win every game they play? They will get better as the season goes on and next year they will be even better. So lighten up on KCC and show them a little encouragment or none of the players will want to come back next year.