Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern KY Players
PATS2011 Wrote:Knott Co. has a brand new Sportsplex. I however find time to make it there. Another problem that could possibly affect this is the fact that some of these kids do too much, I myself am guilty of this. At KCC I do way to many things.......Speech Team, Academic Team, TEAMS engeineering, FCA, Freshman Basketball, Tennis, & take Art 1 which prepares you for Art II and the National Art Honor Society. Plus I do theatre in Prestonsburg year round. My schedule is full.
Goodlord, Yea you could have a heart attack if you keep all those things up.
I know...lol......I did the same thing to mysef in grade school...im just a little bit of everything. Im used to having a busy schedule know!
Good for you and Knott County, just keep your head up and set your goals highly and you will succeed.
What does all that have to do with Basketball players in Eastern Ky?...... Anyway back to the topic.... its hard for smaller schools to have huge talent compared to larger schools in other parts of the state. Not saying Eastern Ky does not turn out good talent because we all know it does... but Its easier to create a awesome team when you have 1000 more students to choose from!
CantTouchMe Wrote:What does all that have to do with Basketball players in Eastern Ky?...... Anyway back to the topic.... its hard for smaller schools to have huge talent compared to larger schools in other parts of the state. Not saying Eastern Ky does not turn out good talent because we all know it does... but Its easier to create a awesome team when you have 1000 more students to choose from!

Agree 100%
In Lexington though, there is only a very few players that will play D1. Maybe 1 or 2.
There are probably 15 guys in the 11th region that will play D-1 ball, you have to remember that there are 320+ D-1 schools.

Shelvin Mack - Bryan Station
Victor Moses - Henry Clay
Aaron Boyd - Henry Clay (signed LOI for football at UK, but could play mid major)
Dee Sanford - Lexington Catholic
Nathan Novasel - Lexington Catholic (Harvard is looking strongly at the kid) maybe Ivy League, but still D-1
Michael Sparks - Lexington Catholic (signed LOI with VMI)
Taylor Stewart - Lexington Catholic (verbal commitment to Air Force Academy, offers includs Ball State, Old Dominion, Gardner-Webb)

That's just 3 schools
A-TRAIN Wrote:There are probably 15 guys in the 11th region that will play D-1 ball, you have to remember that there are 320+ D-1 schools.

Shelvin Mack - Bryan Station
Victor Moses - Henry Clay
Aaron Boyd - Henry Clay (signed LOI for football at UK, but could play mid major)
Dee Sanford - Lexington Catholic
Nathan Novasel - Lexington Catholic (Harvard is looking strongly at the kid) maybe Ivy League, but still D-1
Michael Sparks - Lexington Catholic (signed LOI with VMI)
Taylor Stewart - Lexington Catholic (verbal commitment to Air Force Academy, offers includs Ball State, Old Dominion, Gardner-Webb)

That's just 3 schools
No way all those players play D1 Basketball.
Mack has verbally commited to Butler, but still being recruited by UK and UT, Moses will go somewhere D-1, he was a #10 player in the state before the foot injury early in the season, Dee Sanford is only a junior but plays way above the rim

LOI means signed Letter of Intent, scholarship offered and accepted
It will look better on eastern Ky if Slone and Stepp walk on at UK.
I think one of the biggest problems in E. Ky. is the fact of low # of students as stated before.

With that low #, most "athletes" are persuaded by coaches to play multiple sports. Most good athletes in E. Ky. will play at least 2 sports, some 3.

Players that can concentrate on 1 individual sport year round, are bound to be better at that sport than players who switch back and forth.

Most players in our area that play basketball/baseball don't even pick up a baseball untill basketball season is over.
the problem with that is when kids go to college they dont stay at home and they move off, just like myself. I would have to drive 25 mins to Kmart back there and now I just drive 3 mins.
Ive noticed something on here, It dont matter who the kid is or who he plays for there is always a bunch of people that think he is the best player in the Country.
Dont get me wrong, there nothing wrong with supporting a kid but dont take it as far as saying he is the best player in the state. Since the best players in the state are from Lexington or Lville most of the time.
RavenBoy Wrote:Ive noticed something on here, It dont matter who the kid is or who he plays for there is always a bunch of people that think he is the best player in the Country.
Dont get me wrong, there nothing wrong with supporting a kid but dont take it as far as saying he is the best player in the state. Since the best players in the state are from Lexington or Lville most of the time.
I disagree.
Only 20 basketball players from Lexington or Louisville have been Mr Basketball in the 52 year history of the award...that is less than most.

9 from the east
15 from the west
4 from northern
and 5 from other central ky schools
20 out of 52 isnt bad when your just talking about City Boys against the entire state.