EKU is still open....crap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Greenup--CLOSED

Johnson--CLOSED

Lawrence--CLOSED

Lewis--2 hour delay

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Did you all get that much snow overnight? We just got a few flurries here and there last night, barely enough for a few flakes to stick to the hood of my car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
still snowing here.... Pike County is ALWAYS the last one to cancel!!

If I get a chance I'll get ya some pix on here...

Gosh I want a snowday at Letcher Central....
hardly any snow my way there phs1986. But I still whish they whould call it off.
Pike County 2 hour delay
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pike County 2 hour delay

Pike County webpage is still showing a 1 hour...

www.pike.k12.ky.us

NOW UPDATED:::::

2 hours!!!!

WKYT.com has us on 2 hour delay

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsnogo/?refresh
whooooooo.
I want to know why Johnson is closed. Floyd needs to close then lol.
Supposed to start snowing good around 9, so I'd say Pike will close.
Pike Co is now CLOSED for Tuesday January 15
thank gosh
Yes...No school!!!!
Its pretty bad here! I live beside Johns Creek School (pretty much)
They just called of Floyd County also.

I'm glad that they decided to wait till 8 o'clock to do so...:mad:
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Its pretty bad here! I live beside Johns Creek School (pretty much)

well than it must havent gotten my way yet cause i dont live 10 minutes away from kimper school and i havent seen barley any yet.
blackcat_student Wrote:They just called of Floyd County also.

I'm glad that they decided to wait till 8 o'clock to do so...:mad:
Some buses had already picked up kids. They had to turn around and bring them back... I saw two buses doing so this morning.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Some buses had already picked up kids. They had to turn around and bring them back... I saw two buses doing so this morning.

I subsitute teach in Floyd County and no sooner did I walk in the door at Stumbo Elementary to sign in was school canceled. I wish they would have canceled it sooner.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Some buses had already picked up kids. They had to turn around and bring them back... I saw two buses doing so this morning.

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Why risk kids lives just to turn around and send them right back home risking them even more.
I remember when I was in middle school, the bus picked me up, and took us to school, 1 hour delay was called right before we got to school, we were always the first bus to arrive, well then they called it to 2 hours, and then canceled, so I left school about 8:30 when I shouldn't have been there in the first place, talk about being bummed out.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Why risk kids lives just to turn around and send them right back home risking them even more.
Yea and i swear to you no more than an hour after that did the sun come out and it clear up outside.
Everything is covered with snow up here in Cold Spring Big Grin ...
Floyd was always the last to cancel... after you get up and get ready to leave they would cancel.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Magoffin was covered with snow but the person who calls off school did'nt wake up til after 7 when person at the high school called him so there was school.

And bus had to take run and goes up some hills 2 or 3 times to get to the school.
Yea I got to Pburg High around 7:25 this morining and everybody was ticked. I was in the office and heard people calling saying that they couldnt get out. Two buses I heard a had a hard time coming down Cow Mountain as well. Half hour later school is called off. I think the Transportation Department is one to blame if anyone. They are the ones that go out and check the roads county wide and give the superintendent details about the roads. So don't put all the blame on the Superintendent.