Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 56 Shelby Valley 20 final
Congratulations jumpers
Year 1 of the Clevenger era and the Jumpers are the last team in the county playing, and are onto the semifinals. Tough one next week but you’ve got to love the outlook if you’re a Somerset fan.
[-] The following 3 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Jumper Dad, Rip/Spin, Walt Longmire
I called it on here before season they would be here. These boys got threw to the wolves as freshman, now they're showing the experience, and majority it brought. Clevenger as made his impact in the briar patch.
[-] The following 2 users Like Foozeball23's post:
  • Jumper Dad, Shogun
Did you feel it? 1st and 10 with 16 yards to the goal. Kam Hughes gets the ball and appears to run into the midst of Shelby Valley's defense. Only, he didn't. Hughes evades and dashes the 16 yards. Before reaching the endzone, he turns around and shuffles backwards. I ask again: did you feel it? That is the feeling of a program returning to form. 

Coach Clevenger continues to prove why he is universally respected. Each game evinces improvement. I certainly think the Briar Jumpers can make a deep run into the tournament. As for next year? Somerset will fall upon 2A like a lightning bolt from a clear, purple sky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • Walt Longmire
I am glad Somerset won this game.  I wished they would have done a few onside kicks and won by more.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • jetpilot, Walt Longmire
Congratulations Somerset you guys have came a long way since the Perry Central game.
(11-18-2023, 02:53 AM)Westside Wrote: I am glad Somerset won this game.  I wished they would have done a few onside kicks and won by more.
in all fairness about the onside kick I don know if SV has anybody that can do anything other than onside kick. Every kick they did all night was a onside kick and never recovered a single one. According to the un official stats Sv only had 4 first downs they rushed for 95 yards and passed for 64 yards. On the flip side Somerset rushed for 320 yards and passed for 72 yards. Kam Hughes had a monster night with 274 yards rushing with 5 TDs Somerset also put running clock on SV in the 3rd quarter.
(11-18-2023, 02:53 AM)Westside Wrote: I am glad Somerset won this game.  I wished they would have done a few onside kicks and won by more.

(11-18-2023, 02:55 AM)64SUR Wrote: Congratulations Somerset you guys have came a long way since the Perry Central game.
Technically they didn't lose the game against Perry but had to take to L because of the officials via  khsaa, but you're right they have came a long long way since that game
Clevenger has his team playing well. They were on point in this game. Makes Danville’s decision makers look incompetent. Clevenger wins Danville’s district and region while Danville can’t win a game this season under the DHS principals newly chosen coach. But I digress, Somerset, as Somerset often has been, is a hard-nosed, physical team. Their physicality was the difference in the game.
(11-19-2023, 01:17 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: Clevenger has his team playing well. They were on point in this game. Makes Danville’s decision makers look incompetent. Clevenger wins Danville’s district and region while Danville can’t win a game this season under the DHS principals newly chosen coach. But I digress, Somerset, as Somerset often has been, is a hard-nosed, physical team. Their physicality was the difference in the game.

2023 Danville: 0-11
2022 Berea: 4-7
2021 Berea: 4-7
2019 Bryan Station: 3-8
2018 Bryan Station: 2-9
2017 Bryan Station: 1-10
2016 Bryan Station: 4-7
2015 Bryan Station: 7-5
2014 Bryan Station: 7-5
2013 Bryan Station: 5-6
2012 Bryan Station: 6-5
Next Corbin coach, Clay Clevinger?
(11-19-2023, 03:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Next Corbin coach, Clay Clevinger?
I don't see it happening for several reasons.

It appears as if Clevenger has full commitment from the community, school administration, and team. Given that he has not even been at Somerset a full year, that is remarkable. I don't think he will give that up for what is, quite frankly, a lateral move at best. I don't say that to disrespect the Redhounds. Somerset and Corbin appear to be in fairly equal position, only the Briar Jumpers have thus far made it one step closer to the title.
[-] The following 3 users Like The Red Eminence's post:
  • Bull got out!, Danville Blue Devil, Old School Hound
(11-19-2023, 03:34 PM)The Red Eminence Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 03:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Next Corbin coach, Clay Clevinger?
I don't see it happening for several reasons.

It appears as if Clevenger has full commitment from the community, school administration, and team. Given that he has not even been at Somerset a full year, that is remarkable. I don't think he will give that up for what is, quite frankly, a lateral move at best. I don't say that to disrespect the Redhounds. Somerset and Corbin appear to be in fairly equal position, only the Briar Jumpers have thus far made it one step closer to the title.

Clevenger as a coaching commodity speaks volumes about the ineptitude Danville is mired in. Just his success this year speaks clearly to that fact. The coach that current Danville administrators didn’t want is coaching in the semifinals of the state playoffs this Friday, while the team they run can’t win a game. What does that say about their leadership and decision making? The fact that the coach they wouldn’t rehire is leading his team to the semifinals while they led Danville to the worst season in the history of the program says it all.
[-] The following 4 users Like Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Bull got out!, Panther Thunder, The Red Eminence, Walt Longmire
I bet Clevenger is thrilled he didnt get re-hired at Danville
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eastside6's post:
  • The Red Eminence
(11-19-2023, 10:48 PM)Eastside6 Wrote: I bet Clevenger is thrilled he didnt get re-hired at Danville

Absolutely!