Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North Laurel
50.00%
Highlands
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel at Highlands 11/17 3RD ROUND
North Laurel (8-4)
Aug 18, 23 Bell County home (L) 7 - 19
Aug 25, 23 Whitley County away (W) 19 - 7 
Sep 1, 23 Franklin County home (L) 6 - 13 
Sep 8, 23 Madison Central home (W) 14 - 7
Sep 22, 23 Southwestern away (L) 0 - 28 
Sep 29, 23 South Laurel home (W) 62 - 0 First Priority Bowl 
Oct 6, 23 Pulaski County home (W) 28 - 14 
Oct 13, 23 Taylor County away (L) 10 - 21 
Oct 20, 23 Harlan County away (W) 28 - 12 
Oct 27, 23 Wayne County home (W) 35 - 21 
Nov 3, 23 Montgomery County home (W) 54 - 0 Class 5A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Madison Southern away (W) 42 - 6 Class 5A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Highlands (11-1)
Aug 18, 23 Lexington Catholic away (W) 34 - 27 
Aug 25, 23 Covington Catholic home (L) 21 - 35 
Sep 1, 23 Campbell County home (W) 67 - 35 
Sep 8, 23 Ryle home (W) 52 - 20 
Sep 15, 23 Raceland away (W) 40 - 0 
Sep 22, 23 Cooper away (W) 58 - 51 
Sep 29, 23 Dixie Heights away (W) 51 - 21 
Oct 6, 23 Boone County home (W) 53 - 7 
Oct 13, 23 Conner home (W) 58 - 7 
Oct 19, 23 Scott away (W) 57 - 6 
Nov 3, 23 South Oldham home (W) 43 - 0 Class 5A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Dixie Heights home (W) 40 - 7 Class 5A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
NONE
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
I was so proud of North Laurel on the big win to hit the 8 win mark on the season. I got some kids who I follow on the team and very proud of the team! To make it to the 3rd Round when some counted you guys out is also a big accomplishment. Highlands is the #1 team in the RPI. So it won't be easy to take them out on the road. But I will be pulling for North to go to 9 wins and go a little deeper in the Playoffs. I think with the offense and defense playing as good as they did against Madison Southern on the road, can do that one more time, then they might be in business. Good Luck!!!! Great Job!!! Get one more!!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, Hi Risk Warrior, North laurel Fan, pjdoug
North Laurel has had a great season. They are tough in the trenches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • North laurel Fan
Let’s go North Laurel it going to be cold on the riverbank
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • North laurel Fan
I'm pulling for North Laurel, but obviously it's gonna be an upset if they do. Good Luck NL!
North has one more in em. I can feel it.
Rooting for Coach C to find some magic and bring this one home.
This North Laurel team has come together and they are playing great together - it took them just a minute to figure out their Offense but finally mixing it up like they have been doing has brought this team right where they
need to be for the playoffs. I saw something in this team early on and we have made a point to get to as many
games as we could & have enjoyed following them this season. Good luck to Coach Chappel and his team in this game - here's to a performance that makes NL fans really happy!
Highlands 44 North 14
highlands 3 tds
Well I know nothing about North Laurel but since most of the posters are pulling for them so am I Go North Laurel
I admit it, I have really been excited about this North Laurel team this season. I was a little late to the party, but once I got on board we got to every game we could. I have watched their offense improve every week to the point here at the end they didn't even look like the same team I started following. Their defense was what drew me in, to begin with, they were just so gutsy and smart about reading the plays the other teams were setting up. Oh and whoever taught this defense how to tackle - kudos Sir or Sir's, they learned that feat as good as you will find on any high school team. The long trip to Highlands can work to their benefit or against them, here's hoping they are able to discuss their game plan at length on the trip and know how to win this game! Good luck, Jaguars!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • North laurel Fan
I'm pulling for North Laurel big time. I've had three different experiences, in various years, to be around the Highlands fanbase and I found them to be obnoxious, arrogant, and rude. So, not a fan at all! As far as I'm concerned, they're yankees from "South Cincinnati". If the al-qaeda had a team I might pull for them over Highlands. If they played the Cowboys, I'd just give up watching football.  Tongue

North Laurel might not be very successful moving the ball so the defense will need to play lights out. Highlands' speed advantage and offense balance should propel them to score on the very good NL defense. I've noticed Highlands win some games with nearly all rushing and nearly all passing. That will put stress on the NL defense and the DC will need to call a great game. Hopefully the Jags get all the breaks and play a great game!! Keeping the score low is their best hope. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a 24+ point victory for Highlands.
Like to see Chappell and the Jags win and keep playing but I think Highlands will be to much. Tough to win on the road
Go Jags!!! Stay hungry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Highlands puts a whipping on NL 35-0
Go Jags!!
Running clock in first half likely
Oh my God, who in their infinite wisdom would ever send a football team to Highlands to play a football game? Whoever it was absolutely needs their head examined. It was the worst experience myself & my cohorts had ever experienced. #1. You had to park out on the street and walk miles just to get to the field - #2. Busy, busy street people flying through the area. #3 After you got there you were stuck sitting right with Highland - there was only one side, North fans were mixed in with their rude obnoxious fans, tormenting NL's coaches and players with rude cussing slander. #4. All that was separating the 2 teams was a light rope, the players had very little room to even stand on the sidelines. The kids couldn't concentrate on the game for having to deal with all that drama. There is plenty of video floating around it absolutely needs to be sent to those in 'power' and something is done to see to it teams don't have to go there anymore and play at that horrible setup. Now to the game, Highlands performed like a well-oiled college team their QB was huge but he wasn't the only one, they were a good team well coached and athletic, just too much for the North boys. North went back to their 1st of the year look on offense, I don't know if dealing with all that was going on - on the sidelines with the fans and the coaches and players being involved tore up their game plan or just what, but they didn't present their best effort. That's my take on the game and for what it's worth. Anyone ever mentions going back to Highlands to me to a football game, I don't care if my 5-year-old ends up playing someday if things don't change there, his mom can go with him,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • North laurel Fan
(11-17-2023, 07:38 PM)Rock nation Wrote: Highlands puts a whipping on NL 35-0

30-7 to be exact. NL held Highlands to lowest score of season. I see Lexington Catholic put a real nice butt whipping on y’all 43-7..
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Hi Risk Warrior, North laurel Fan