Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 43 Todd County Central 22
Final from War Memorial Stadium.

Congratulations Cardinals!
Congratulations Mayfield!!
I thought TCC would be a little better than that but I knew it would be another running clock, cause mysonis55 told me so,, lol. Running clock with 3 minutes left in first half, 36-0
Congratulations Mayfield
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • rookie57
TCC played OC to a 47-37 game. That should tell you something.
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonis55's post:
  • Hound05, rookie57
(11-05-2022, 01:33 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: TCC played OC to a 47-37 game. That should tell you something.
Well that answered my question. A closer first round game than what you are used to seeing. Even if it wasn’t really in question.
(11-05-2022, 08:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 01:33 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: TCC played OC to a 47-37 game. That should tell you something.
Well that answered my question. A closer first round game than what you are used to seeing. Even if it wasn’t really in question.
Game was not close at all. 36-0 at half. All scores came on jv. Varsity offense sit all 2nd half. If Varsity would have played whole game it would have 70-0 easy
I was at the OC game, and that score is misleading too. OC had a 47-6 lead when they pulled their starters. Their JV got steamroller by Todd's starters. OC is for real.
OC had a running clock half way through the 2nd quarter then played mostly all freshman and a few sophmores.

"There was never a more obvious case of a misleading final score than Owensboro Catholic's 47-36 win over Todd County Central. The Aces held a 47-6 lead at halftime, but Todd Co Central got some touchdowns going against Catholic's jv and freshman defense to make the final look more interesting than it actually was. " Owensboro Messenger Inquirer.

Brady Atwell was 13-of-21 for 423 yards and 5 touchdowns in the first half. Things aren't always as they seem.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ace in the Hole's post:
  • #GoCougs
I suppose OC sleptwalked against Butler Co as well. They beat Butler Co by just 3 scored, definitely not a running clock. Murray beat Butler Co. That’s a team that Mayfield gave a running clock on their own field. If Atwell comes in trying to sling the ball around, look for Mayfield to have 2 or 3 int’s.
(11-05-2022, 12:57 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I suppose OC sleptwalked against Butler Co as well. They beat Butler Co by just 3 scored, definitely not a running clock. Murray beat Butler Co. That’s a team that Mayfield gave a running clock on their own field. If Atwell comes in trying to sling the ball around, look for Mayfield to have 2 or 3 int’s.
Guess we shall see. Atwell is easily the best qb I've seen this year.
(11-05-2022, 12:01 PM)Ace in the Hole Wrote: OC had a running clock half way through the 2nd quarter then played mostly all freshman and a few sophmores.

"There was never a more obvious case of a misleading final score than Owensboro Catholic's 47-36 win over Todd County Central.  The Aces held a 47-6 lead at halftime, but Todd Co Central got some touchdowns going against Catholic's jv and freshman defense to make the final look more interesting than it actually was. " Owensboro Messenger Inquirer. 

Brady Atwell was 13-of-21 for 423 yards and 5 touchdowns in the first half.  Things aren't always as they seem.
I can buy that, that’s exactly what happened in the mayfield game last night