Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co 49 Shelby Valley 15
Final
No surprise here!
Great win Breathitt! Not shocked at all! IMO, another dissapointing season for Valley!
Congrats Breathitt Co
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Great win Breathitt! Not shocked at all! IMO, another dissapointing season for Valley!

A #2 seed in the district and hosting a playoff game for only the second time ever is not considered a disappointing season by most.
Congrats Bobcats!
I think Breathitt was a little surprised in the first quarter - maybe underestimated the Wildcats a little. It was quite exciting to be tied 7-7 with the Bobcats. However, they took care of business. Man, that Fugate is a machine! By the way, how many Fugates are on the team? I wasn't sure if I heard 28's name a hundred times or if there were more.

Anyway, Congratulations Breathitt. Good luck in the playoffs.

Good luck Wildcats. Take care of Bath Co. so you get a rematch with P-burg.
it looked to me as if valley could run the ball on them for the most part and drive it down the field but when they started to move it they would chuck it deep 3 plays in a row and punt
congrats bobcats good luck
all-or-nothing Wrote:I think Breathitt was a little surprised in the first quarter - maybe underestimated the Wildcats a little. It was quite exciting to be tied 7-7 with the Bobcats. However, they took care of business. Man, that Fugate is a machine! By the way, how many Fugates are on the team? I wasn't sure if I heard 28's name a hundred times or if there were more.

Anyway, Congratulations Breathitt. Good luck in the playoffs.

Good luck Wildcats. Take care of Bath Co. so you get a rematch with P-burg.

There are two Fugate's on that team, the quarterback and the runningback. They both carry that team and do a good job of it. Congrats Bobcats!
Just watched the tape delay. Breathitt has a very nice team deserving of their high rankings, and they are definately capable of beating Belfry if they meet. with that said though, the Belfry team that played last night against JC would defeat the Breathitt team that played vs. Shelby Valley by 3-4 TD's. You could tell that Breathitt didn't play their best ball.

SV actually played Breathitt tough for the most part, but the Bobcats wore them down and stretched their defense with their offensive balance to the point that the Wildcats just couldn't stop them. SV is about two playmakers on defense and a good offensive line away from being a solid team.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Great win Breathitt! Not shocked at all! IMO, another dissapointing season for Valley!

I don't know what kind of standards you have for Shelby Valley but nobody ever hypes them up that much and you are always let down by them. Smile

Not a great season by some school standards but for SV I would be willing to bet this season was not disappointing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
congrats breathitt co
justice average 4 yards a carry and mitchell average almost 6 but each of these kids got the ball less than 15 times put together whats up with that ?
EastKySports21 Wrote:justice average 4 yards a carry and mitchell average almost 6 but each of these kids got the ball less than 15 times put together whats up with that ?

They got less carries because every other game they get lots of carries and Valley loses. The same ole run the ball up the middle to Jonah, then pitch it outside to Brock, then throw it deep to Lucas or Chris, that stuff doesn't work when you call those same set plays 20 times each game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just watched the tape delay. Breathitt has a very nice team deserving of their high rankings, and they are definately capable of beating Belfry if they meet. with that said though, the Belfry team that played last night against JC would defeat the Breathitt team that played vs. Shelby Valley by 3-4 TD's. You could tell that Breathitt didn't play their best ball.
SV actually played Breathitt tough for the most part, but the Bobcats wore them down and stretched their defense with their offensive balance to the point that the Wildcats just couldn't stop them. SV is about two playmakers on defense and a good offensive line away from being a solid team.
I agree with you on the last statement about SV, but no way Breathitt will hang close to Belfry
EastKySports21 Wrote:justice average 4 yards a carry and mitchell average almost 6 but each of these kids got the ball less than 15 times put together whats up with that ?
I wasn't at he game, but sounds like they should have gotten more carries. Sometimes stats can be misleading though. Like, when and how did they get their yards? Were they on 1 or 2 big plays, on a trick play?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:They got less carries because every other game they get lots of carries and Valley loses. The same ole run the ball up the middle to Jonah, then pitch it outside to Brock, then throw it deep to Lucas or Chris, that stuff doesn't work when you call those same set plays 20 times each game.
Yeh! and I probably wouldn't second guess Saunders, he seems like he knows quite a bit more than most people in the SV area
Elwayfan Wrote:I wasn't at he game, but sounds like they should have gotten more carries. Sometimes stats can be misleading though. Like, when and how did they get their yards? Were they on 1 or 2 big plays, on a trick play?

nope justice up the middle and mitchell over the tackle

alfus21 Wrote:I don't know what kind of standards you have for Shelby Valley but nobody ever hypes them up that much and you are always let down by them. Smile

Not a great season by some school standards but for SV I would be willing to bet this season was not disappointing.

I agree Alfus, I think this season went exactly how most people had hoped it would. A 5-5 record may not be good at places like Belfry or Pikeville, but considering the schedule Valley played it is not that bad. The losses were all to teams that no one expected the Wildcats to beat anyway (Belfry, Breathitt, Knox, P-Burg, Appalachia), and they won a couple games that many thought they would lose (Pike Central, Bath). So I think they actually had a good year. If Valley hadn't scheduled tough non-district foes like Belfry and Breathitt, their record could've been a lot better.

Anyway, I think the folks up Robinson Creek are pretty satisfied with hosting only the second home playoff game in school history!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just watched the tape delay. Breathitt has a very nice team deserving of their high rankings, and they are definately capable of beating Belfry if they meet. with that said though, the Belfry team that played last night against JC would defeat the Breathitt team that played vs. Shelby Valley by 3-4 TD's. You could tell that Breathitt didn't play their best ball.

I agree completely with your post.