Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pep Clubs
What schools do you think have the best pep clubs for their basketball teams?
Knott Central has a very good pep section. They are always supporting their team and no one is ever quiet. It helps alot having their very own "Red man" and "Blue man".
I'd say you have to throw in Shelby Valley, Covington Catholic, Paintsville, and Henry Clay.
The Prestonsburg pep section has always been good. They let the opposing team and coaches know they are there (Example: Allen Central game @ PHS '05-06). Paintsville, Shelby Valley, and Allen Central also have some pretty good ones.
rowan county has a good one
Game in and game out, Shelby Valley has a very good pep section. On big game nights, Pikeville has a very good one, but not during the smaller games on the schedule.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Between Valley, Pike Central, Belfry, and Pikeville. It usually depends on who they're playing
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Between Valley, Pike Central, Belfry, and Pikeville. It usually depends on who they're playing

Sorry, but everyone else will tell you the same thing, all of these other schools come out for big games, Valley's fans are there every game, it was stated last year that one of the biggest turn out for the Blue Crew was when Valley played Oneida Baptist, doesn't matter who Valley plays.

And I remember region tournament, Belfry's girls were playing, not even enough students were standing at the expo for Belfry to fill the front row, so if you can't support at region, you shouldn't be mentioned.

Valley's fans had many things thrown at them last year and years before at Central, but Central's fans didn't make the trip to Valley. No travel suport, but Valley made their presence felt at Central.

Pikeville makes a big scene when they play Valley, go to one of their other games, you won't see the same support. Valley's fans were made to move at Pikeville in the regular season because we would have been too close to the floor or something like that, and they didn't want our fans next to theirs, whats up with that?

Valley is no competition for these schools pep sections, they blow them out of the water. The PC "O" crew even tried to start something with that little plug in the words website, none of these schools student sections compare with Valley's Blue Crew.
Paintsville's use to be awesome when I played, they have slacked off a bit the last couple years. The Arms twins and crew were crazier than hell. The best I have seen the last two years was Shelby Valley (as bad as I hate to say it).
Jc's isn't what it use to be either. But if it's when they play big games JC's and Paintsvilles are hard to beat in the 57th District.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
Johnson Central has the best pep section in the 15th region by far!!! They are bigger, better, louder, more spirited and more faithful than anyone!!! No questions asked!!!
*Coeus* Wrote:Johnoson Central has the best pep section in the 15th region by far!!!!!!! They are bigger, better, louder, more spirited and more faitful than anyone!!!!!!! No questions asked!!!!!!!

Keep dreamin... Shelby Valley's "Blue Crew" is hands down better than any other school in the region and possibly the mountains. I'm a Paintsville fan and I even admit that.
Kcc has a very good pep section, also shelby valley does.
*Coeus* Wrote:Johnoson Central has the best pep section in the 15th region by far!!!!!!! They are bigger, better, louder, more spirited and more faitful than anyone!!!!!!! No questions asked!!!!!!!

Your way off here. Maybe when I was in school because the pep section supported both basketball teams regaurdless if they won or lossed. But they are far from the best, they are no where near bigger than they use to be, they are not louder unless it's Paintsville, and being faithful doesn't include leaving before the girls play or not coming in until after!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
*Coeus* Wrote:Johnson Central has the best pep section in the 15th region by far!!! They are bigger, better, louder, more spirited and more faithful than anyone!!! No questions asked!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the blue crew rocks the stands more than any pep club i have seen. they always have the neatest themes and are always supportive no matter who sv plays. even when the boys and girls have games at two different schools, you can always count on fans at both places.
*Coeus* Wrote:Johnson Central has the best pep section in the 15th region by far!!! They are bigger, better, louder, more spirited and more faithful than anyone!!! No questions asked!!!

Back a few years ago, Maybe. No one works to get everyone on the same page. The leaders fight amongst each other until they quit. Need to band together and get back to the days of the wipeout in the 80s. Saw a clip of it at school a couple years ago. Now that was great!!!!
The last time JC had a good student section was when their boys beat Valley for the 15th title. And I don't think their section was that good during the season that year.
Valleys Blue Crew is always full fledge for their team and Paintsville is as well. Other Pep sections I like are Allen Central and P-burg always has a good one, I agree with Blackcat Student they always make the opposing team remember who they are no matter who it is.
LadyCat2007 Wrote:the blue crew rocks the stands more than any pep club i have seen. they always have the neatest themes and are always supportive no matter who sv plays. even when the boys and girls have games at two different schools, you can always count on fans at both places.

This is so true. I was at a Girls' game at Pike Central last year on the same night the boys had a home game. I was disappointed to see the fan section empty when I got there, and disheartened with the Blue Crew. But, how wrong I was! About five minutes before the game began, they entered the gym. The fans stood and clapped. It was wonderful. The Crew had split - 1/2 stayed with the boys, and 1/2 supported the girls. Now, that, alone should make them the best pep club...DEDICATION. AND, they do some really cool stuff. I love the surfboard, until it gets taken away, that is.
Shelby Valley