Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 30 Russellville 27 (1A State Championship Game)
congrats to Pikeville.  Happy for those kids and the area
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • pjdoug
Forget coaching ability which Chris McNamee has more than most, for my money, there is no better man these kids could be led by!! Awesome job Panthers!! You did what you had to do to get out of Lexington with another ring!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • PHSFOREVER1
(12-05-2021, 02:28 AM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Forget coaching ability which Chris McNamee has more than most, for my money, there is no better man these kids could be led by!! Awesome job Panthers!! You did what you had to do to get out of Lexington with another ring!!
The man can coach with the best of em.
Russellville was just bigger and faster then what Pikeville anticipated. FAR from Pikeville's best game both offensively and defensively but ya gotta give Russellville credit. I figured Russellville would make some plays with the athletes they had I just didnt figure they would make that many. Todd had like 140 yards on 4 plays and their offense basically had ONE sustained drive the whole game and it was at the end. Only team I have ever seen score 20 points without sustaining a drive in the first half. That kinda speaks to how athletic they were. I also think they had the most speed in the secondary that Pikeville has seen all year.
Congratulations to the Panthers. Russellville was a lot better than I gave them credit for. Pikeville was just the better team. They return a lot and won’t surprise me to see them back in Kroger next year.
(12-05-2021, 06:29 PM)Truewords Wrote: Congratulations to the Panthers. Russellville was a lot better than I gave them credit for. Pikeville was just the better team. They return a lot and won’t surprise me to see them back in Kroger next year.

They will definitely be very good again.  I don't know who is the expected starter at QB but he's gonna have several weapons and a very good Oline.  Hensley was really coming on the 2nd half of the season, he will be a stud WR next season and the big TE could be a very nice weapon in the passing game next year.  I'm sure there will be other WRs that will emerge this off-season. 

With what they have returning on the OLine and with Birchfield, Anthony and a healthy Carson Wright running behind them...that will be very fun to watch.

They return a lot on defense also and with Sullivan as the defensive coordinator I have no doubts the defense will be very good again.
Sounds like it was a great game, closer than expected.. Congrats Pikeville & breathitt co alum Coach Brad Allen on bringing another title home to the mtns!!
(12-05-2021, 08:38 PM)PHSFAN Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 06:29 PM)Truewords Wrote: Congratulations to the Panthers. Russellville was a lot better than I gave them credit for. Pikeville was just the better team. They return a lot and won’t surprise me to see them back in Kroger next year.

They will definitely be very good again.  I don't know who is the expected starter at QB but he's gonna have several weapons and a very good Oline.  Hensley was really coming on the 2nd half of the season, he will be a stud WR next season and the big TE could be a very nice weapon in the passing game next year.  I'm sure there will be other WRs that will emerge this off-season. 

With what they have returning on the OLine and with Birchfield, Anthony and a healthy Carson Wright running behind them...that will be very fun to watch.

They return a lot on defense also and with Sullivan as the defensive coordinator I have no doubts the defense will be very good again.
The program is definitely built to where they will reload, and make a run at another championship.
I don't know why anyone would rag on PHS2000 or Redneck lol, Both are straight-shooters who call 'em like they see 'em and they see 'em very well...

Going to post my views on the game in the morning and then take a break (some would say long overdue haha) from BGR.

Congrats to the Panthers and staff for reaching all your goals. Very special season that Panther fans will never forget!
This was a great game. Great win for Pikeville and the whole county!
If I’m wrong about something I will take my criticism and keep it moving. However, in this case, I wasn’t even giving an opinion, I was simply saying that several kids returning for Russellville explains why they basically came out of nowhere and about knocked off a team that we all know is legitimately top 15 in the state.

Congratulations Pikeville. I’m sure you will be the favorite again next year.
(12-06-2021, 07:39 PM)2000PHS Wrote: If I’m wrong about something I will take my criticism and keep it moving. However, in this case, I wasn’t even giving an opinion, I was simply saying that several kids returning for Russellville explains why they basically came out of nowhere and about knocked off a team that we all know is legitimately top 15 in the state.

Did I read or hear that Russellville coach played for UK? Defensive minded dude? I thought they were a very worthy opponent after watching that game.
Really enjoying this championship. Turned into a real game with Russellville. I think they were better than advertised with the quality of athletes they have. They could give anyone all they want from 1-A through 3#-A. Just slightly looking ahead imo, this Pikeville team has a real shot at it again next season with what experience returns. Jmo
(12-06-2021, 07:41 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 07:39 PM)2000PHS Wrote: If I’m wrong about something I will take my criticism and keep it moving. However, in this case, I wasn’t even giving an opinion, I was simply saying that several kids returning for Russellville explains why they basically came out of nowhere and about knocked off a team that we all know is legitimately top 15 in the state.

Did I read or hear that Russellville coach played for UK? Defensive minded dude? I thought they were a very worthy opponent after watching that game.

Yep Millie Benton. Played DB for UK
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL