Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Open Job: Ashland Tomcats
HearIng Tony Love is more then likely going to step down effective immediately. Chad Tackett (Currently an Ashland Assistant) Colt Phelps ( Current Green HC and former Ashland OC ) and Scott Marsh ( Tomcat Alum current West Jessamine HC) would be some of the favorites to take over if he does retire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes T-CATS's post:
  • Ramcat77
(12-01-2021, 03:31 PM)T-CATS Wrote: HearIng Tony Love is more then likely going to step down effective immediately. Chad Tackett (Currently an Ashland Assistant) Colt Phelps ( Current Green HC and former Ashland OC ) and Scott Marsh ( Tomcat Alum current West Jessamine HC) would be some of the favorites to take over if he does retire.
Is love done or going somewhere else Doesn’t make sense for him to just be done. Heck of a coach. Hopefully Ashland makes a good hire looking forward to having the competition back in the district
(12-01-2021, 05:23 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 03:31 PM)T-CATS Wrote: HearIng Tony Love is more then likely going to step down effective immediately. Chad Tackett (Currently an Ashland Assistant) Colt Phelps ( Current Green HC and former Ashland OC ) and Scott Marsh ( Tomcat Alum current West Jessamine HC) would be some of the favorites to take over if he does retire.
Is love done or going somewhere else Doesn’t make sense for him to just be done. Heck of a coach. Hopefully Ashland makes a good hire looking forward to having the competition back in the district
Im just guessing He wouldn’t go anywhere else. Think He was at Ashland  for 20 years as an Assistant prior to being the HC for the past 8. He got 28 years in as a Teacher but is still pretty young 54 maybe.
Tony Love is a fantastic coach and deserves all the accolades that people say, great adjustments coach. Good time to go as Ashland takes a couple steps backwards in talent next year compared to the last few years, they do however have a good freshman class but after next year when they realign again Ashland will be bumped up back to 4a
(12-01-2021, 06:28 PM)Runrunrun Wrote: Tony Love is a fantastic coach and deserves all the accolades that people say, great adjustments coach. Good time to go as Ashland takes a couple steps backwards in talent next year compared to the last few years, they do however have a good freshman class  but after next year when they realign again Ashland will be bumped up back to 4a

If Ashland moves back to 4A....that's going to really adjust the District.   I can see JC, Boyd, Ashland, potentially Rowan Co all moving back together.  Thoughts?
I heard it’s because he is retiring from teaching and he must be separated from the school for 6 months for his state retirement. I’m sure he will be the HC at Ashland next year.
(12-01-2021, 09:12 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 06:28 PM)Runrunrun Wrote: Tony Love is a fantastic coach and deserves all the accolades that people say, great adjustments coach. Good time to go as Ashland takes a couple steps backwards in talent next year compared to the last few years, they do however have a good freshman class  but after next year when they realign again Ashland will be bumped up back to 4a

If Ashland moves back to 4A....that's going to really adjust the District.   I can see JC, Boyd, Ashland, potentially Rowan Co all moving back together.  Thoughts?
Greenup County and East Carter have more kids and Boys last time I checked then does Ashland so throw them in the discussion. Carter County’s new Superintendent wants East and West consolidated and to build a new School. They have talked about this for years but sounds like theirs a lot more smoke this time around. Grayson Radio this morning said plans for meetings early next year with Board members to discuss it. Sounds like East and West will be merged into a 5A possible 6A school sooner then later. Fairview’s days are numbered and look for them to consolidate with Ashland maybe Boyd.

(12-03-2021, 10:29 AM)Keepnitreal Wrote: I heard it’s because he is retiring from teaching and he must be separated from the school for 6 months for his state retirement.  I’m sure he will be the HC at Ashland next year.
Talked to Dicky today he said everyone is trying to talk him out of it but doesn’t sound likely to change his mind. We shall see.
Some of the Fairview kids would choose to go to Russell as well being that Bellefonte which is Russell district is right on the edge of Fairviews District. I think all 3 schools would get some of the kids.
Ashland has a ton more kids than East does, Greenup is in the middle of the 2. Even if Carter county consolidates, it would be a 4 or 5A school, not close to 6, and would be 4 years away at least.
East Carter has 786 and Ashland has 889. West Carter has 558.
If you put both enrollments together west and East that is 1,344.
To put that in prospective Frederick Douglass has an enrollment of 1,446.
I would say Carter County would end up 5A.
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Zack Klemme
@zklemmeADI
Breaking: Ashland football coach Tony Love is resigning in that role after nine seasons. He coached the Tomcats to their first state title in 30 years last season.

More to come.
4:03 PM · Dec 16, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
(12-10-2021, 11:06 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: I would say Carter County would end up 5A.
Not how it works, geographical plays a huge role in it. No 5A team even relatively close to Carter county (sayre is a weird one they had no option, but Carter county would have a option to be in 4A even if they was 5A). Carter county schools as is are predominantly girl heavy and it doesn’t matter how many kids are in the high school it’s based off how many 8th grade males you average every realignment.
(12-16-2021, 06:57 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 11:06 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: I would say Carter County would end up 5A.
Not how it works, geographical plays a huge role in it. No 5A team even relatively close to Carter county (sayre is a weird one they had no option, but Carter county would have a option to be in 4A even if they was 5A). Carter county schools as is are predominantly girl heavy and it doesn’t matter how many kids are in the high school it’s based off how many 8th grade males you average every realignment.

In the past teams have tried to play down and the khsaa said no, only up. They may make an exception for them who knows.
(12-16-2021, 07:04 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:57 PM)Gold River Wrote:

In the past teams have tried to play down and  the khsaa said no, only up. They may make an exception  for them who knows.
Johnson central plays down
(12-16-2021, 09:31 PM)Gold River Wrote:

In the past teams have tried to play down and  the khsaa said no, only up. They may make an exception  for them who knows.

I'm pretty sure johnson central is a true 4A.
The only reason West Carter got to play in 2A is because that is where they are supposed to be they were just playing up before. Same as Russell who is playing up in 3A but chose to stay there because they were competitive and the district was close.
(12-16-2021, 09:31 PM)Gold River Wrote:

I’ve always heard that, didn’t know if it was legitimate.