Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy Teams not playing
Why Doesn't khsaa make it a rule that if you’re healthy and another healthy team offers you a game and you decline you should be given an automatic loss as well. Two teams within 2 miles of each other and neither will have a game tonight because  one of the teams won’t agree to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue dawg's post:
  • ekywildcat
At this point I do not think there is a team in the country that does not have at least one player with Covid-19.  Some teams are hiding it and covering it up.  I do agree that if the two teams are healthy and are close like the teams you mentioned they should play.  But I am competitive and would rather play than not.  lol
Twitter: @tc_analytics

(09-03-2021, 02:48 PM)Poseidon Wrote: At this point I do not think there is a team in the country that does not have at least one player with Covid-19.  Some teams are hiding it and covering it up.  I do agree that if the two teams are healthy and are close like the teams you mentioned they should play.  But I am competitive and would rather play than not.  lol
Of course and I agree especially since  neither team is in quarantine and they are both from the same county less than two miles apart. But Paintsville refuses to play Johnson central. Sad part is I guarantee there isn’t one kid from either school that wouldn’t play each other.
(09-03-2021, 02:35 PM)Blue dawg Wrote: Why Doesn't khsaa make it a rule that if you’re healthy and another healthy team offers you a game and you decline you should be given an automatic loss as well. Two teams within 2 miles of each other and neither will have a game tonight because  one of the teams won’t agree to play.
I’m sorry but that’s a horrible idea. I see where you’re going with it because of what’s transpired this season. But think of it like this if what you are saying happened. What if Corbin offered to play someone like Berea. Or better yet, trinity wants to play Lynn camp. There would be no situation for those lesser teams to gain anything besides injury and a loss. I get what you mean by top tier teams or evenly matched teams refusing to play on an open date, but the situation I described would happen and that’s why I think it’s a bad idea. 

i know I’m going against pipular opinion, but I like how it is now. A team willing to play shouldn’t be punished because a team cancels on them. It somewhat hurt us last year in RPI. There’s no perfect solution, but I think the way they are doing it works better than it did last year. And if you look at it with glasses on that would take you back 3 yrs ago, a team that can’t play due to injury, sickness, etc would have to forfeit or reschedule the game. So why should it be different now if the other team is willing to play?

Plus i don’t really feel sorry for JC. I do feel bad for the kids because it’s not their fault. But someone should have looked into bishop sycamore a little bit closer before scheduling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Hatz
(09-03-2021, 02:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 02:35 PM)Blue dawg Wrote: Why Doesn't khsaa make it a rule that if you’re healthy and another healthy team offers you a game and you decline you should be given an automatic loss as well. Two teams within 2 miles of each other and neither will have a game tonight because  one of the teams won’t agree to play.
I’m sorry but that’s a horrible idea. I see where you’re going with it because of what’s transpired this season. But think of it like this if what you are saying happened. What if Corbin offered to play someone like Berea. Or better yet, trinity wants to play Lynn camp. There would be no situation for those lesser teams to gain anything besides injury and a loss. I get what you mean by top tier teams or evenly matched teams refusing to play on an open date, but the situation I described would happen and that’s why I think it’s a bad idea. 

i know I’m going against pipular opinion, but I like how it is now. A team willing to play shouldn’t be punished because a team cancels on them. It somewhat hurt us last year in RPI. There’s no perfect solution, but I think the way they are doing it works better than it did last year. And if you look at it with glasses on that would take you back 3 yrs ago, a team that can’t play due to injury, sickness, etc would have to forfeit or reschedule the game. So why should it be different now if the other team is willing to play?

Plus i don’t really feel sorry for JC. I do feel bad for the kids because it’s not their fault. But someone should have looked into bishop sycamore a little bit closer before scheduling.
I gurantee coach Parks and his players strap up against you all if they didn’t have a game no doubt you all would hang 60+ on them but they would play. Paintsville   schedules 4a and 5a schools yearly even schools in Johnson central’s district but refuses Johnson central. And hound no one asked for your sympathy sounds like that big L from last year is still itching at you.
Henderson County reached out to JC to play tonight, what happened there? Did JC say no?
(09-03-2021, 03:20 PM)IAM22 Wrote: Henderson County reached out to JC to play tonight, what happened there? Did JC say no?

That be quite a road trip, about 5 hrs and across a time zone. Might've been too much to pull off on short notice, but idk that's just a thought.
(09-03-2021, 03:20 PM)IAM22 Wrote: Henderson County reached out to JC to play tonight, what happened there? Did JC say no?
Im not sure of the conversation but I do know over 320 miles separates the two fields roughly 5 hours. I highly doubt they could put that together on 2 days notice.
Covid forfeits were a bad idea, but what you are suggesting is so bad it would make even the KHSAA wince.
(09-03-2021, 03:39 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Covid forfeits were a bad idea, but what you are suggesting is so bad it would make even the KHSAA wince.
RoShamBo of course a somerset guy would disagree with that ideal after tucking there tails as well last week when pikeville offered to play them.

Bishop Sycamore had the fourth-strongest schedule in the country and ESPN aired their game with the second-ranked team in the country. Who does background checks on the teams and coaches on their schedules? Apparently, not the top teams in the country and not ESPN but JC gets singled out for not investigating an opponent's program? The game only became an issue because ESPN got embarrassed for scheduling such a mismatch without even knowing Bishop Sycamore had scheduled two games on the same weekend. JC canceled the game and I support their decision but I think some people's scorn for Johnson Central's staff is bit over the top.

Wanna bash perennial national powerhouse DeMatha while you are at it too? I think I read where they are scheduled to play them sometime this year too.

If you ever had any doubt about how people can only think with their hind ends, just get on one of these message boards..Or any social media site for that matter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Seger's post:
  • ekywildcat
(09-03-2021, 03:12 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:

I gurantee coach Parks and his players strap up against you all if they didn’t have a game no doubt you all would hang 60+ on them but they would play. Paintsville   schedules 4a and 5a schools yearly even schools in Johnson central’s district but refuses Johnson central. And hound no one asked for your sympathy sounds like that big L from last year is still itching at you.
Hahah. I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about….. but we weren’t the favorite  last year. And it wasn’t ours to LOSE. But okay… Smile
(09-03-2021, 03:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Bishop Sycamore had the fourth-strongest schedule in the country and ESPN aired their game with the second-ranked team in the country. Who does background checks on the teams and coaches on their schedules? Apparently, not the top teams in the country and not ESPN but JC gets singled out for not investigating an opponent's program? The game only became an issue because ESPN got embarrassed for scheduling such a mismatch without even knowing Bishop Sycamore had scheduled two games on the same weekend. JC canceled the game and I support their decision but I think some people's scorn for Johnson Central's staff is bit over the top.
Sorry hoot. Yes ESPN should have done a little digging as well. And they would have found it’s pretty much a pick up team that don’t practice. But then having a strong schedule and ESPN doesn’t really vet them as ESPN found out the hard way. And I support JC’s decision as well to cancel. But if we’re a coach, and I scheduled an out of state charter school who ended up being an online school who basically hands out jerseys at the field, I believe that would be on ME for not looking into it. Feel different, that’s fine. But in my opinion, obviously it’s BS’s misleading info that got the situation in the first place, but like I said, I’m not gonna schedule the Knoxville south catholic charter and do a little research, so I feel some blame is on JC. Obviously you disagree. Cool. But I don’t “scorn” JC or even dislike them. To be honest they aren’t that important to me except for maybe one week a year. They rest of the time they don’t cross my thoughts. I like ans respect matney, but JC as a school, it’s just another school to me.
(09-03-2021, 03:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:

Wanna bash perennial national powerhouse DeMatha while you are at it too? I think I read where they are scheduled to play them sometime this year too.

If you ever had any doubt about how people can only think with their hind ends, just get on one of these message boards..Or any social media site for that matter.
Only when they b!tch and complain they can’t find a game when BS cancels. Smile

And where did I “bash” JC? Because I said I “don’t feel sorry” except for their kids? Hahah. And yea your last paragraph is right. And I don’t know if it’s peoples reading comprehension that makes your statement right, or just how they read only the parts they want, then make up something to fit their reply. That’s a thinker….
I would rather play and lose by 60 than not play at all. Kids get such a short window to play football and I think it’s just sad that teams are turning down games because of RPI or fear of losing or whatever.
(09-03-2021, 04:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 03:12 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:

Hahah. I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about….. but we weren’t the favorite  last year. And it wasn’t ours to LOSE. But okay… Smile
you have no ideal what I’m talking about “just another school to me besides 1 week a year”. Get out of here jc has lived in your head rent free since last November.

(09-03-2021, 05:13 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 03:55 PM)Bob Seger Wrote:

Only when they b!tch and complain they can’t find a game when BS cancels. Smile

And where did I “bash” JC? Because I said I “don’t feel sorry” except for their kids? Hahah. And yea your last paragraph is right. And I don’t know if it’s peoples reading comprehension that makes your statement right, or just how they read only the parts they want, then make up something to fit their reply. That’s a thinker….
Bob seger you gotta over look him he’s from Corbin if it isn’t upchurch lyrics he Dosent comprehend what’s being said.
This is the most comical thing I've read on here in a long time.
Sounds like you're all for the goverment (KHSAA in this regard) "making rules" and forcing others (teams) to do what they think is "best" for them.
(09-03-2021, 05:27 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
Sounds like you're all for the goverment (KHSAA in this regard) "making rules" and forcing others (teams) to do what they think is "best" for them.
Woah we got a rebel over here. “There’s a tracking device in that vaccine bulls” bad when you bring government into a football discussion. Lay off the Fox News buddy.
(09-03-2021, 03:46 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 03:39 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: Covid forfeits were a bad idea, but what you are suggesting is so bad it would make even the KHSAA wince.
RoShamBo of course a somerset guy would disagree with that ideal after tucking there tails as well last week when pikeville offered to play them.

You have no idea what you are talking about, which based on your views in this thread, is probably the case quite often.
It's all an RPI game now...there's your problem
(09-03-2021, 05:36 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 05:27 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
Woah we got a rebel over here. “There’s a tracking device in that vaccine bulls” bad when you bring government into a football discussion. Lay off the Fox News buddy.
Your intelligence level is headed for negative numbers from watching news.
This may be the worst idea I’ve ever heard my entire life.