Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Classic Knox Central 86 Betsy Lane 49
Final
Bad showing from the Bobcats. Losing isn’t a problem when you lose to a far superior team. But when you play that pitiful on defense when you are so freakishly athletic. Their effort was pathetic and embarrassing to watch.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I watched both games tonight and Knott Co gave their game away a couple times. Harlan wanted it more!

BL was never in their game. They supposed to be athletic but absolutely got stomped on the glass and didn’t play any defense. Mims boy needs to touch the ball more on offense.
Knox this good or BL this bad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nolietotell's post:
  • Bugman2475
Dang, to get a running clock in the WYMT with such a talented team it must be the coach....
(02-04-2021, 12:51 AM)Yes Milkcrate52 Wrote: Dang, to get a running clock in the WYMT with such a talented team it must be the coach....
dude no team in the 15th is beating Knox. Pikeville got rolled by Harlan County those 13th region teams are no joke
(02-04-2021, 12:26 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Bad showing from the Bobcats. Losing isn’t a problem when you lose to a far superior team. But when you play that pitiful on defense when you are so freakishly athletic. Their effort was pathetic and embarrassing to watch.

I agree. They shot way to many threes. No one is crashing the glass for any offensive rebounds. 

On defense to sit in a zone and watch a team have open looks is just unacceptable. No rotation and slow on every close out can’t happen with a team this long and athletic.
(02-04-2021, 01:57 AM)SouthEast18 Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 12:51 AM)Yes Milkcrate52 Wrote: Dang, to get a running clock in the WYMT with such a talented team it must be the coach....
dude no team in the 15th is beating Knox. Pikeville got rolled by Harlan County those 13th region teams are no joke

So bc Pikeville got beat by the 2nd best team in the 13th is a excuse to get a running clock put on   Knox is good they're not great pikeville Johnson central both better than Knox I watched the game BL made them look better than they truly are.  When your Defensive effort is poor your shot choices are poor your attitude is poor you lose.  
Or it could've been karma for leaving starters in the entire game at pburg and running up the score. They got the same treatment
(02-04-2021, 12:51 AM)Yes Milkcrate52 Wrote: Dang, to get a running clock in the WYMT with such a talented team it must be the coach....

Another BL thread where someone mentions Pikeville.  The Panthers are living rent free in Bobcats fans heads lately.  

To compare a ROAD loss to arguably the second best team in the 13th, to a NETURAL site loss to a middle of the pack team in the 13th is interesting to say the least. 

BL has 4 wins this season to end of the pack teams in 15th and 16th regions.   I've notice watching this BL team is that if they do not turn you over with their press, they can't
guard in the half court.  They dominated lesser teams like Pburg and FC by turning them over with their press.  As soon as Knox beat it a few times last night, they back into a zone and could not stop penetration.  Until they learn how to play a half court defense and not rely on the press all the time, the Bobcats won't reach their full potential.
(02-04-2021, 12:51 AM)Milkcrate52 Wrote: Dang, to get a running clock in the WYMT with such a talented team it must be the coach....
You must either be the former coach, related to the former coach, or best friends with the former coach. You really don't like Coach Newsome it seems for some reason. I don't know him so I have no input but it's clear you do not care for him.
(02-04-2021, 11:36 AM)Ok BoyWonder14 Wrote:

Another BL thread where someone mentions Pikeville.  The Panthers are living rent free in Bobcats fans heads lately.  

To compare a ROAD loss to arguably the second best team in the 13th, to a NETURAL site loss to a middle of the pack team in the 13th is interesting to say the least. 

BL has 4 wins this season to end of the pack teams in 15th and 16th regions.   I've notice watching this BL team is that if they do not turn you over with their press, they can't
guard in the half court.  They dominated lesser teams like Pburg and FC by turning them over with their press.  As soon as Knox beat it a few times last night, they back into a zone and could not stop penetration.  Until they learn how to play a half court defense and not rely on the press all the time, the Bobcats won't reach their full potential.
I only mention them to make the point that a bad loss to a good 13th team doesn’t make you horrible. We all know Pikeville is very good so the facts that a 13th region team beat them 20 is only used to speak to the competition level of the 13th that was it. Not some shot at them. Harlan would beat every team in the 15th IMO
Boy wonder why do you keep creeping in a BL thread. SOUTHEAST is a Pikeville guy.
Wow. That's all I can say. There are no excuses on this one. I don't care who beat who or when or from what region. We were down 14 or 16 almost as soon as the game started and got a running clock laid on us. We made them look like an NBA team. Losing to this team isn't a bad thing because they are good but getting a beatdown from the time the game started is. We can get better but as of right now we haven't done a thing this year. Everybody knows this year and next is the best shot we have of winning and its going down the crapper fast.
(02-04-2021, 01:29 PM)Bigbluecat Wrote: Boy wonder why do you keep creeping in a BL thread.  SOUTHEAST is a Pikeville guy.
Boy Wonder is a BL fan at heart. Never misses an opportunity to jump in on a BL topic to bash. Judging buy his posts he's part of that gang that was once at BL, left but then came to all the games for the next couple years and sat on the opponents side just to keep up with what was happening.

(02-04-2021, 02:00 PM)TheRoadWarrior Wrote: Wow.  That's all I can say. There are no excuses on this one. I don't care who beat who or when or from what region.  We were down 14 or 16 almost as soon as the game started and got a running clock laid on us. We made them look like an NBA team. Losing to this team isn't a bad thing because they are good but getting a beatdown from the time the game started is. We can get better but as of right now we haven't done a thing this year. Everybody knows this year and next is the best shot we have of winning and its going down the crapper fast.

This BL team plays cares more about the name on the back of the uniform than the name on the front, play ME not WE ball. When a team gets stomped by an opponent and parents are running to the score table taking pictures of score books and checking stats, telling everybody so and so had 20 points, you got a problem. I can promise you one thing though, nobody gives a crap how many points your kid got if your team lost. And if your kid has to shoot 25 shots, forcing half of them, to get 20 points the whole team has a problem. When you got more than one doing it you've got an uphill battle as a coach, fan or player. BL does have some talent, but I doubt it'll ever play together with one goal, to win instead of keeping that point average.
(02-04-2021, 05:24 PM)BLK Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 01:29 PM)Bigbluecat Wrote: Boy wonder why do you keep creeping in a BL thread.  SOUTHEAST is a Pikeville guy.
Boy Wonder is a BL fan at heart. Never misses an opportunity to jump in on a BL topic to bash. Judging buy his posts he's part of that gang that was once at BL, left but then came to all the games for the next couple years and sat on the opponents side just to keep up with what was happening.

I’m a fan of 15th Region Sports and I do not have a kid at any school.  Not a BL fan at all.  What does get to me though is all of these BL fans on here for the last three years make outrageous projections on how good their team is without winning anything.  Win a meaningful game and stop beating up on the Phelps and Pburgs of the world.  Be more like JC fans, no one mentions them on here and all they do is win.    BL fans tend to hang on that one good team they had 10 or so years ago.   Only reason I may bash BL because they don’t win.  If they had won last night.  I would give credit where credit is due.  I stated why I thought they lost and why they aren’t winning big games.   And you bringing up kids who left for Pikeville is like every poster on here.   Those kids left a long time ago. Time to get over that.   Idk if more kids have left or not. I don’t keep up with middle school.   

If you feel like some posters on here bash BL, well tell the BL fans to stop putting unrealistic expectations on their kids and just let them play.  Some posters on here may be tired of hearing how good they will be every year and then not even get to region.
(02-04-2021, 05:45 PM)BoyWonder14 Wrote:

I’m a fan of 15th Region Sports and I do not have a kid at any school.  Not a BL fan at all.  What does get to me though is all of these BL fans on here for the last three years make outrageous projections on how good their team is without winning anything.  Win a meaningful game and stop beating up on the Phelps and Pburgs of the world.  Be more like JC fans, no one mentions them on here and all they do is win.    BL fans tend to hang on that one good team they had 10 or so years ago.   Only reason I may bash BL because they don’t win.  If they had won last night.  I would give credit where credit is due.  I stated why I thought they lost and why they aren’t winning big games.   And you bringing up kids who left for Pikeville is like every poster on here.   Those kids left a long time ago. Time to get over that.   Idk if more kids have left or not. I don’t keep up with middle school.   

If you feel like some posters on here bash BL, well tell the BL fans to stop putting unrealistic expectations on their kids and just let them play.  Some posters on here may be tired of hearing how good they will be every year and then not even get to region.

I can't stop anyone from posting anything. I'd say most on here posting don't have anything to do with the school or program and are the same ones posting on FB if I was guessing. I didn't think you had a kid playing, thought it was your relative not your kid. I don't keep up with BL on here enough to know what's happened in the last 3 years but have kept up with them since last year pretty good and I like and follow 3-4 other 15th region teams and a 14th region team pretty regular. I get on here and several other sites looking at scores and comments a couple times a week lately. First time in about 10 years so your right about that being the last good team BL had, I kept up with them then too. I also don't have anything to get over as far as anybody leaving. It's been a regular occurrence for BL for years. Most just leave and don't bother to come watch every game for 3 years after they leave as some have done in the last several years.

I can see where people get tired of reading or hearing the BL stuff I see on FB. It's built up and broadcast like the WWE, complete with Nicknames. It wouldn't look near as bad if BL was actually good. Seems silly and embarrassing really. I just read the same few people, you, No lie to tell, and the milkcrate guy always commenting on BL. Seems you all once had skin in the game there somewhere, went to school there, coached there, or had family there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BLK's post:
  • SouthEast18
(02-04-2021, 07:00 PM)BLK Wrote:

I can't stop anyone from posting anything. I'd say most on here posting don't have anything to do with the school or program and are the same ones posting on FB if I was guessing. I didn't think you had a kid playing, thought it was your relative not your kid. I don't keep up with BL on here enough to know what's happened in the last 3 years but have kept up with them since last year pretty good and I like and follow 3-4 other 15th region teams and a 14th region team pretty regular. I get on here and several other sites looking at scores and comments a couple times a week lately. First time in about 10 years so your right about that being the last good team BL had, I kept up with them then too. I also don't have anything to get over as far as anybody leaving. It's been a regular occurrence for BL for years. Most just leave and don't bother to come watch every game for 3 years after they leave as some have done in the last several years.

I can see where people get tired of reading or hearing the BL stuff I see on FB. It's built up and broadcast like the WWE, complete with Nicknames. It wouldn't look near as bad if BL was actually good. Seems silly and embarrassing really. I just read the same few people, you, No lie to tell, and the milkcrate guy always commenting on BL. Seems you all once had skin in the game there somewhere, went to school there, coached there, or had family there.
Well I haven’t been to a game at BL since the new gym has been built and only watch them cause it seems there’s a Facebook live stream or wprg covering every game of there’s.   Only comment on BL on here because it seems there’s a new thread about them every day whether it be a game score or someone gassing them up.   So only thing to talk about on here is them. 

On this thread I called out SouthEast mentioning Pikeville in a BL post.   I also made an assessment of why I thought they lost the game because they were on WYMT and I was able to watch.  Wasn’t bashing until you said something to me.
(02-04-2021, 07:00 PM)BLK Wrote:

I post to try and bring them down to reality.  It's been the same with them for years but here lately it's went overboard.   All you here anymore is how good they are but yet they never win.  The bad thing it's not the kids they're probably great kids the same as when I was in school.  The kids were great It was the adults that took everything to the extreme.  My school was told year in year out that we wasn't as good and how BL was that much better but yet in my 4 years we cut more nets down in the dome than they did all together 
Boy wonder the only reasoned I mentioned pikeville was to point out how good the 13th was. Someone really gonna have to explain how that’s hating. Pikeville one of the best in the 15th got beat bad by Harlan 13th is better than 15th my only point.
I have never seen anyone say BL was gonna win the region not one time. You all act like if you say they are good (they are) you mean they are gonna win the region. This is a very talented team probably somewhere upper middle of the pack in 15th on a given night they could beat anyone or lose to anyone forgive me if that somehow equates in mud creek math to “they are gonna win the region” the only haters I see is you and Mikcrate. He is mad over short firing you like to down them to make whoever you support  at pikeville  look better. I can promise you no one cares about what Pikeville does . Exactly no one. We aren’t obsessed , by Wyatt Battalie and some roll players going on a run. Good for them . BL is just trying to get better I think they’ll start with getting out of the district before claiming to win region.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SouthEast18's post:
  • BLK
I’m not mad about the Short firing. I’m mad that people can’t see the firing for what it really was. Politics, anyone can say what they want but Short took them to 17-14 with NONE of the players ever playing in a meaningful game in their lives. Yes, they blew the P-burg game in district, we all know this. The all-mighty Junior Newsome lost games they was supposed to win too. It happens. Everybody in the community including parents and long time fans have a false sense that Betsy Layne is this “powerhouse” all because they won the All-A 10 years ago. Commentary for every game, with wrestling nicknames for kids who’s never won anything. Not to mention you know there is bad blood inside the system when the girls basketball head coach’s son leaves to another school, and Betsy Layne could definitely use a backup guard. All this talk before the season of “this is gonna be a change in culture, we’re going to win on our defense and press.” And everyone bought into the garbage. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. They still play awful defense, the parents are still a joke, still the same attitude on the court the whole thing. So yeah, I comment every time. And no one can stop me either
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkcrate52's post:
  • BLK
(02-04-2021, 10:00 PM)Milkcrate52 Wrote: I’m not mad about the Short firing. I’m mad that people can’t see the firing for what it really was. Politics, anyone can say what they want but Short took them to 17-14 with NONE of the players ever playing in a meaningful game in their lives. Yes, they blew the P-burg game in district, we all know this. The all-mighty Junior Newsome lost games they was supposed to win too. It happens. Everybody in the community including parents and long time fans have a false sense that Betsy Layne is this “powerhouse” all because they won the All-A 10 years ago. Commentary for every game, with wrestling nicknames for kids who’s never won anything. Not to mention you know there is bad blood inside the system when the girls basketball head coach’s son leaves to another school, and Betsy Layne could definitely use a backup guard. All this talk before the season of “this is gonna be a change in culture, we’re going to win on our defense and press.” And everyone bought into the garbage. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. They still play awful defense, the parents are still a joke, still the same attitude on the court the whole thing. So yeah, I comment every time. And no one can stop me either

Smile
Milkcrate52. I feel like we could be friends
(02-04-2021, 10:00 PM)Milkcrate52 Wrote: I’m not mad about the Short firing. I’m mad that people can’t see the firing for what it really was. Politics, anyone can say what they want but Short took them to 17-14 with NONE of the players ever playing in a meaningful game in their lives. Yes, they blew the P-burg game in district, we all know this. The all-mighty Junior Newsome lost games they was supposed to win too. It happens. Everybody in the community including parents and long time fans have a false sense that Betsy Layne is this “powerhouse” all because they won the All-A 10 years ago. Commentary for every game, with wrestling nicknames for kids who’s never won anything. Not to mention you know there is bad blood inside the system when the girls basketball head coach’s son leaves to another school, and Betsy Layne could definitely use a backup guard. All this talk before the season of “this is gonna be a change in culture, we’re going to win on our defense and press.” And everyone bought into the garbage. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. They still play awful defense, the parents are still a joke, still the same attitude on the court the whole thing. So yeah, I comment every time. And no one can stop me either
A ton of what you said is true I’m not gonna lie. Those are very valid issues within the program. I personally don’t have any thoughts that BL is some power let’s be honest they have won a regional title since the 80s and parents and culture have been the downfall most of the time. That doesn’t change the fact that you can’t blame them for trying to get Derrick Newsome, a BL graduate with a great history as a head coach. No offense to Short he did fine. Just think you keep beating a dead horse. Time to move on. You are 100 percent about the parents and the wrestling announcing that all makes them look bad. Derrick will turn them around if he gets the support he needs but it doesn’t happen over night. When I say “turn around” I don’t mean win regions titles all the time the deck is stacked against small public schools like Betsy Layne it will always be a struggle to compete with the big guys.
I think nolietotel and south East are cousins. So do my a favor and quit trippin! You get it?

Also milkcrate make sure those pizza rolls are hot around d 12. Best in the business!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigbluecat's post:
  • SouthEast18
(02-04-2021, 11:06 PM)Bigbluecat Wrote: I think nolietotel and south East are cousins. So do my a favor and quit trippin! You get it?

Also milkcrate make sure those pizza rolls are hot around d 12. Best in the business

There's a reason Noone pays you to think

I think I like you Milkcrate! I understand your anger. You are right and wrong though. Your right about several things actually I can’t comment on all of em, but your wrong about everybody needing to see it for what it was. Everybody knows it was politics what do you do ?‍♂️. The players didn’t do it why dis them. Short wasn’t a bad coach, just used like a door mat for couple years of his life. I’d be mad if I was him or anybody close to him too. The commentating with nicknames is sickening to listen too. That’s actually what got me into watching them again was live coverage every game but it’s turned into a circus. I know the kids have to be ashamed.
(02-04-2021, 11:06 PM)Bigbluecat Wrote: I think nolietotel and south East are cousins. So do my a favor and quit trippin! You get it?

Also milkcrate make sure those pizza rolls are hot around d 12. Best in the business!
Now it’s all clear lol

I have no idea what you’re talking about? Seems like you think you know who I am, but you’re way off.
Granny Bear and Spud asked that I post this as some of our members posting on this thread need to take a look at rule #2.

BGR Member Rules:

1. Personal attacks or threats to another member whether in forum or messaging will result in Suspension. Bashing or taunting of any high school athletes will not be tolerated.
2. Don't reveal personal identities or other confidential information about anyone, including an attempt to divulge, or an attempt to determine a user's identity posted in any BGR forum.
3. Racist, homophobic, or sexist comments will not be tolerated. You are free to express your opinion on any issue with the exception of derogatory or inappropriate comments. Making false claims will result in Suspension. Attempts to discuss criminal behavior of student-athletes is not permitted in the high school forums. Responsible discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted. Obey all applicable country, state, and federal laws when using this site. Any illegal activity will be handed over to the appropriate authorities which could result in you being criminally prosecuted.
4. Pornography, links to pornography, and/or any other offensive content in any images/avatars/signatures is not accepted. Inappropriate links, avatars, images, or signatures will be removed.
5. Don't advertise competitor or commercial sites via text or in any images/avatars/signatures. Spam will result in Suspension
6. Please keep all threads ON TOPIC at all times. Any excessive attempt to "troll" or get a subject off topic will result in a warning. Any attempt to stay off topic after the warning will result in a suspension.
7. No complaining about Bluegrassrivals.com or any of its staff members will be permitted. This includes complaining about how the site is managed and how the rules are enforced. If you have a complaint or suggestion please get in touch with a moderator or administrator and it will be addressed. Do not ignore warnings/suggestions by any staff members. If you ignore warnings or continue to complain or argue on the open forums, could result in a suspension.
8. All accounts will require valid email address for set-up. Any duplicate accounts will be terminated linked to a same IP address.
WYMT Top 10 should look like this in top 5

1. North Laurel
2. Harlan County
3. Clay County
4. Knox Central
5. South Laurel

I will leave 6-10 blank but Corbin & Harlan Ind. knocking on the door.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Westside