5. Breathitt County
6. Corbin
7. Rockcastle County
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Hazard
10. Clay Co.

wymtnews.com
Sheldon Clark in over Prestonsburg??
blackcat Wrote:Sheldon Clark in over Prestonsburg??

and clay co?
IMO, WYMT doesn't know anything about mountain football. They only teams they know anything about is Hazard and Perry Central.
Looks good to me...
blackcat_student Wrote:IMO, WYMT doesn't know anything about mountain football. They only teams they know anything about is Hazard and Perry Central.

WYMT gets to see more games than any Coach/ Player/ or Newspaper. P-Burg is good, and will probably make into the Top 10. However, when you play teams like Betsy Layne you can't expect to make it.
^^^ I agree 100%...I think they'll be in after week 2 or 3.
FullCount Wrote:WYMT gets to see more games than and Coach/ Player/ or Newspaper. P-Burg is good, and will probably make into th Top 10. However, when you plays teams like Betsy Layne you can't expect to make it.

The Blackcats will prove themselves this coming Friday. :redboxer:
Sheldon Clark was ranked in the top 10 in week one also, after getting stomped by Prestonsburg last year. I just think they need to look into it more.
FullCount Wrote:WYMT gets to see more games than any Coach/ Player/ or Newspaper. P-Burg is good, and will probably make into the Top 10. However, when you play teams like Betsy Layne you can't expect to make it.

WYMT will skew their ratings and keep Clay Co. in the top 10 for this week, making their matchup with "hometown" Hazard more attractive. Prestonsburg should be in the Top 10 and Clay Co. out. The Blackcats are 8th in the AP poll (2A) and would be in there if not for the Clay Co/Hazard matchup.

Pburg's game with Breathitt will be the tail of the tape. Hazard shouldn't have much trouble with Clay Co.

Also, why is Corbin ahead of Rockcastle?
no matter how the teams are ranked someone will be unsatisfied. what matters is who is number 1 at the end of the season doesn't it?
FullCount Wrote:WYMT gets to see more games than any Coach/ Player/ or Newspaper. P-Burg is good, and will probably make into the Top 10. However, when you play teams like Betsy Layne you can't expect to make it.

Agree completely. P-Burg is probably good enough to be in the top 10, but it's hard to back up an argument to be ranked with, "Hey, we just beat Betsy Layne!"
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Agree completely. P-Burg is probably good enough to be in the top 10, but it's hard to back up an argument to be ranked with, "Hey, we just beat Betsy Layne!"

Yeah, we did beat Betsy Layne, but we should have been in the top 10 starting the season out. Prestonsburg should have been in it over Sheldon Clark. Remember, the blackcats did beat the cardinals 35-6 in the playoffs last season. So there is no love for the blackcats at WYMT.
Blackcats Why you always talking about last year? This isn't last year!
moofer Wrote:Blackcats Why you always talking about last year? This isn't last year!

Your right. Cool
Blackcats should be in there over Clay and Sheldon Clark. They beat dominated Sheldon Clark last year and beat Clay and Sheldon Clark both this year in scrimmages. They should get in after this week though.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Blackcats should be in there over Clay and Sheldon Clark. They beat dominated Sheldon Clark last year and beat Clay and Sheldon Clark both this year in scrimmages. They should get in after this week though.

I'm not saying that P-Burg doesn't belong in the top 10, because I do think they are one of the ten best teams in the mountains this year. I also feel they are probably better than Clay or Sheldon Clark. But you're using two arguments that don't hold water. First, what happened last year doesn't matter anymore, this is the 2007 season. Second, scrimmages are just glorified practices, you certainly can't base rankings on that.

So what do you base rankings on right now? I don't know. Maybe the correct answer is that it's kinda pointless to have rankings this early in the season, when everyone's only played one game, and some of those contests were against inferior competition.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
looks good to me i do think p burg should be in it at 10 though