Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 39 Lexington Christian 20
Belfry makes the adjustments defensively and shuts out LCA the second half.
Belfry surviving until the QB gets back all you can ask. This group should gel late.
A 19 point victory without the starting QB. I would take it. Congrats to the Pirates.
I still say they should be #1 in 3a. CAL is about as stagnant as pond water on offense.
20-26 until the 4th quarter let’s throw some respect on LCA
Begging does not warranty respect. 🙄
Eagle2009 Wrote:20-26 until the 4th quarter let’s throw some respect on LCA

LCA played a good game. Honestly....I think Belfry came out a little flat...and LCA took advantage. Offensively, Belfry is very limited at the QB spot. In the 1st half Belfry didn’t run more than 3-4 plays out of the playbook. LCA took advantage and played 10 in the box essentially all night. Quick team, with a couple of weapons. #8 and #20 both have really nice speed. The QB is serviceable.. I thought he Actually threw a better ball to his right than his left...even though he’s a lefty. LCA ‘s defense made a couple of very nice red zone stands against the Pirates.

However....at 26-20......they had Belfry 1st and 98 yards to go....and ....Well.....y’all know the rest of the story.
Eagle2009 Wrote:20-26 until the 4th quarter let’s throw some respect on LCA

All the respect in the world to LCA from this ol boy. Those young men came ready to play and the coaching staff had the perfect game plan to beat Belfry. And I'll tell you this, they were damn near on their way to doing it. But in the end I think they simple were wore down by Belfry. LCA loaded the box and disrupted the Pirate offense all night long, exactly what they needed to do. I liked their offense to. Brother those kids had some speed and alot of grit. Great job LCA, I was impressed. As for Belfry, we struggled a little but we'll be alright. Once QB1 gets healthy and our youngsters on the O-Line get it figured out, they'll be ready for another deep playoff run. But with that said, if we don't start throwing a few passes now and then to soften up defenses to keep opponents from putting their whole defense in the box it's going to burn us when we get to the tough 3A teams in the playoffs. I dont care if the QB goes 0-10 passing, it would make the defense atleast have to think about playing the pass. That's just my thoughts on the matter. Like I've said before, I'm not trash talking Coach Heywood. The man obviously knows a little about football. Lol! I just dont understand why when LCA was loading up ready for the run all night that we only threw one pass. But you know what, a win is a win. No matter if it's a sexy 56-6 running clock final or an old school, smash mouth, battle at the LOS 39-20 hard fought win. Coach Heywood knows exactly what he's doing so I'll shut up now! 😂. Again, congrats to the kids from LCA. Nothing to hang your head about. You went on the road and went toe to toe with a top 3A team and was in it until the end. Good luck the rest of the season.
#55 PirateFan that was very well said, now me knowing Belfry and if I am an opposing coach I want to play Belfry early. Once they work the kinks out and the rust they will be a dangerous team. Wasn’t the prettiest win but it was a win. 2 and 0 is better than 0 and 2 and sure they have a lot to work on but all teams do this time of year. It’s on to the next one which I believe is two weeks away and personally I don’t like bye weeks but that gives them time to work hard on the things they need to do. Congratulations to Belfry on the win and it was great to get to chat with you last night and hope to see you again but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Congrats to Pirates. LCA the Bunnies are watching
Belfry needs to stay in the true spread when Brett gets healthy. You will have 4 big play guys in the backfield. Coleman, Hensley and either Bentley or Dixon beside the backfield with the other playing wing depending on the side or formation. You can run the same offense but gives these speedy backs the ability to see holes and use their vision. Hensley benefited from that offensive set twice.

It could be a fun and very explosive offense if they went to the true spread with the two back set.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Pirates. LCA the Bunnies are watching

Lots of people watching in 2A. Somerset, Breathitt Co., Beechwood and my Leslie Co. Eagles. LCA will not be able to put 10 in box against any of those teams because if they do it will be a long night.:biglmao:
JustThinking Wrote:Lots of people watching in 2A. Somerset, Breathitt Co., Beechwood and my Leslie Co. Eagles. LCA will not be able to put 10 in box against any of those teams because if they do it will be a long night.:biglmao:

Belfry is the only team they will face that they need to put 10 in the box. I was impressed with LCA. They have a ton of speed and pursue to the ball really well. It went as planned for Belfry, just keep pounding the ball and eventually the other team will wear down. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see LCA at Kroger field.
The fact that Belfry has played through injury and sickness and about a 5 play playbook and been able to accomplish what they have the first two weeks is pretty amazing. When they get all the pieces at 100 pct and can actually run the option and also have the 4 headed wildcat....watch out. Over 400 yards rushing against 8-10 in the box is unreal.
Additionally ....hats off to Coach Charles and his staff...excellent game plan and in game coaching decisions. Btw, the radio guys from LCA raved over Dixon. The kid is on pace to smash some BHS records.
bucslover68 Wrote:The fact that Belfry has played through injury and sickness and about a 5 play playbook and been able to accomplish what they have the first two weeks is pretty amazing. When they get all the pieces at 100 pct and can actually run the option and also have the 4 headed wildcat....watch out. Over 400 yards rushing against 8-10 in the box is unreal.

Over 400 yards rushing against 10 in the box 👍🏼 With your second string QB. Crazy. Just crazy
Zudith Wrote:Belfry needs to stay in the true spread when Brett gets healthy. You will have 4 big play guys in the backfield. Coleman, Hensley and either Bentley or Dixon beside the backfield with the other playing wing depending on the side or formation. You can run the same offense but gives these speedy backs the ability to see holes and use their vision. Hensley benefited from that offensive set twice.

It could be a fun and very explosive offense if they went to the true spread with the two back set.
I’d rather have a system that works and you win with than being like 75 percent of the teams in our state that run the spread just for the sake of being a spread team. Winning is what matters not having a fun offense.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I’d rather have a system that works and you win with than being like 75 percent of the teams in our state that run the spread just for the sake of being a spread team. Winning is what matters not having a fun offense.

Believe me, Belfry is unlike 95 pct of the teams in this state with what they run. Having another aspect to their offense is not done for fun, it’s done to make them that much more dangerous. Belfry’s idea of fun is winning. Something they have done more than only a select few in these last few years.
O-line looking better. The seiners played well and Logan Mccoy looked good again. Those three seem to be solid now have to get the others to gel and we will be dangerous
We have a long way to go but it’s doable
#3 for Belfry can move. He is fast, quick, & a heck of football player from time I watched game.