Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County 38 Bath County 7(2019 EKC Grid)
Final
Game was like watching paint dry.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Game was like watching paint dry.

I have no doubt. Lol
I’m glad raceland had a good concession stand! The five trips I made to it made the game go by faster. Lol
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:I’m glad raceland had a good concession stand! The five trips I made to it made the game go by faster. Lol

Burger, Brat, or hot dog?
Burger, burger, water, funnel cake, funnel cake
Concessions were good, made the time pass faster...
How did Bath County look? Did they look well coached?
cajun Wrote:How did Bath County look? Did they look well coached?

Listen, I am not a coach but I have been surrounded my entire life by great coaches and continue to be around great football minds. I don't get the offensive scheme that Bath runs and I do not get what they are scheming on defense. They have some dudes but looked very slow overall.
Linebackers didn’t look too bad. D Line got pushed off the ball by a below average offensive line In Greenup county. While their secondary blew assignments all game. Greenups quarterback over threw some receivers or the game would’ve been even more of a blowout. Bath graduated all of their athletes last year it seems like. I wish them well but it may be a long season in Owingsville.
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:Linebackers didn’t look too bad. D Line got pushed off the ball by a below average offensive line In Greenup county. While their secondary blew assignments all game. Greenups quarterback over threw some receivers or the game would’ve been even more of a blowout. Bath graduated all of their athletes last year it seems like. I wish them well but it may be a long season in Owingsville.

Bath Co. has had decent athletes the last few years and with that funky offense has probably set them back from their full potential. Still the same offense?
The WING T, triple O, veer or hybrid off all 3 that got going on is just too packed in. Baths offense was slow off the ball, then couple that with cramming everything inside and having no real momentum or ability to set the edge on the outside made things really rough on them. Greenups DEs did a good job stringing things out and more times than not, setting the edge defensively. Looked to me like Batha timing was off in the backfield. Someone said they lost a majority of their atheletes from a year ago. That could have a big part to do with it.

Montgomery Co ran the same or a very similar offence and while Raceland dominated that game, in the 1st quarter we struggled picking up on what was going in. That QB was incredible at holding the ball and reading for an eternity before he kept it or handed off. So that offense is effective even in this day and age. It just takes a huge amount of experience and or just the right kid under center. Not every Dual threat QB is an option QB. Just my 2 cents lol
Baths numbers might go up if they ran an offense from this century
Bath doesn’t have the depth this year to play iron man football. Their running back this year is only a sophomore. The kid is super fast and talented but I just don’t think he is physically ready for the beatings that come when running this offense. Replacing three running backs is not easy at any school, especially a small school like bath. I wish them luck this year though