Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best coach in 14th an why
Let the debate begin
Shannon Hoskins has won been to the last four 14th Region title games and won two of them.

BB won 4 in a row with Cam Justice and one 5 out of 6 around that time.

Denny Fugate is a good coach and I look forward to seeing how well he does at Cordia if they have the talent they had last year.

John Noble ALWAYS has a team ready to play.

I think those four coaches are among the best.
No particular order.

BB King always reloads and contends every year.

Shannon Hoskins much like BB King.

John Noble has his teama ready year in and year out. Very good X's and O's coach.

Jon Bentley brought Estill their first region title in school history. Does very well with home grown talent. Just about pulled off a major upset last season when he was suppose to have gotten blowed out.

Denny Fugate. Knows what it takes to win the big game and has been around for years.
I think as far as the meaning of coach, you have to give it to John Noble. He gets the most out of nothing and always has. Denny has the most knowledge of anyone in the region, thats why he is no longer on PCC's staff. Shannon doesnt like anyone on his staff that threatens his knowledge, which isn't much as you look down his bench at his coaches. But now if you want to talk recruiting bring on BB and Shannon, Billy Hicks retired so someone has to become the best recruiter in the state. Honorable mention has to go to Big Al, in his hay day he would be on top but his time has passed.
Basketball is King Wrote:I think as far as the meaning of coach, you have to give it to John Noble. He gets the most out of nothing and always has. Denny has the most knowledge of anyone in the region, thats why he is no longer on PCC's staff. Shannon doesnt like anyone on his staff that threatens his knowledge, which isn't much as Bad you look down his bench at his coaches. But now if you want to talk recruiting bring on BB and Shannon, Billy Hicks retired so someone has to become the best recruiter in the state. Honorable mention has to go to Big Al, in his hay day he would be on top but his time has passed.

Out of nothing ?
[Image:

]

#youcanthaveityourwaymyfriend More mash taters please!!!
Basketball is King Wrote:I think as far as the meaning of coach, you have to give it to John Noble. He gets the most out of nothing and always has. Denny has the most knowledge of anyone in the region, thats why he is no longer on PCC's staff. Shannon doesnt like anyone on his staff that threatens his knowledge, which isn't much as you look down his bench at his coaches. But now if you want to talk recruiting bring on BB and Shannon, Billy Hicks retired so someone has to become the best recruiter in the state. Honorable mention has to go to Big Al, in his hay day he would be on top but his time has passed.

lol
Buckhorn traditionally have had good grade school players come to their high school. Chavies and Buckhorn usually play 100 games a year and send decent kids up to high school. So to say Noble has nothing is totally wrong.
I think the best coach will have to be Denny Fugate. He knows so much about the game and will always be the smartest coach on the floor. My second would have to be Shannon Hoskins, he is a very smart "X and O" guy. He knows how to win. Winning is in his blood and will always have his team being a contender. John Noble is very good coach but I do not think he's that good of a coach. He does not play the best players, he plays the oldest players, if he played best players that would have a really good chance of winning the region last year.
clevland Wrote:I think the best coach will have to be Denny Fugate. He knows so much about the game and will always be the smartest coach on the floor. My second would have to be Shannon Hoskins, he is a very smart "X and O" guy. He knows how to win. Winning is in his blood and will always have his team being a contender. John Noble is very good coach but I do not think he's that good of a coach. He does not play the best players, he plays the oldest players, if he played best players that would have a really good chance of winning the region last year.

[Image:

]

Cleve baby, you must have been hittin the birch a lil hard when you wrote this new York times award winning post up, wowza! For our BGR peers, ole fatpat posted a lil vid about your thiefery skills just to put the post into perspective bolz….. Danny Fugs does know a few things about the game but Hosky can't even play tic tac toe. C'mon my brutha. The Noble one ranks higher than these two rotten taters and you didn't mention the King.....

#trainhasderailedtocleveland #upinsmoke More mash taters please!!!
1. John Noble
2. Al Holland
3. Shannon Hoskins
4. Denny Fugate
5. BB King
1, Al
2, BB
3 John Bentley
4. John Noble
5. Denny Fugate
1.John Noble- more to a coach than just winning ballgames, which he can do, but he is an excellent motivator, kids really give him their all when they play for him. He also does things with those kids that help make them better adults, like giving back to the community, volunteer work
2. Al Holland- Very good old school fundamental coach, kids respect him, play hard for him, he knows how to win, nerves may get to him at times
3. Bentley- What he has done at Estill proves he can build a program, stays calm during big games, knows how to execute and switch up offenses and defenses
4. BB King- I would probably rank him higher if this was a few years ago, he knows the game and how to win it, but his health just keeps him from being able to put into the program what he once did, that’s completely understandable and I respect him greatly, just stating my opinion on what I’ve seen and heard from players and parents
5. Creech- Wolfe has had some talent past few years, they have been young, he has molded his team into a region contender in my opinion, very good skills coach, motivator and kids love him
I was waiting for someone to say Al Holland. He seems to be a players coach yet kids love to play for. Was always coaching kids they knew the game and knew what he wanted from them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Corey Hoskins will show how well he can coach in the next three years. Will have good talent. Within next three have one maybe two shots at the region title. Just has to get out of the district. Hard with players PCC bring in.
golfer123 Wrote:Corey Hoskins will show how well he can coach in the next three years. Will have good talent. Within next three have one maybe two shots at the region title. Just has to get out of the district. Hard with players PCC bring in.

I was about to mention Corey as well. Does a great job!
Best coach in the region is always a great argument but one thing we can all agree on is if the KHSAA puts in a Shot Clock Al Holland & Jon Bentley will be looking for a new job. They have sucked the life out of HS basketball by holding the ball. Hazard & Estill are easily the two most dreadful teams to watch in the region
Hoskins is no dout the best recruiter in the region. Average joe can win regions with talent that should contend for state title
1. Al Holland
2. John Noble
3. BB King
4. Shannon Hoskins
5. John Bentley