Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turf by basketball regions
Instead of using football classes, let's use basketball regions cause most people know the 16 basketball regions better & the basketball regions are closer in geography than the state-wide football classes.

15th region: Nine of the fifteen teams that have a football program in the 15th region have turf.
Johnson Central
Martin County
Magoffin County
Prestonsburg
Floyd Central
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Belfry
Shelby Valley

Paintsville, Lawrence County, East Ridge, Pike Central, Phelps & Jenkins... these schools do not have turf yet. The Piarist school is the only 15th region team without a football program.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Who cares
12th region:

Only Boyle Co, Somerset and West Jessamine (last two installed this season) have turf that I'm aware of?!?!
13th Region

Bell Co
Harlan Co
14th Region
Hazard
Perry County Central
Letcher County Central
FoSho Wrote:12th region:

Only Boyle Co, Somerset and West Jessamine (last two installed this season) have turf that I'm aware of?!?!

I think it's East Jessamine that's having their turf installed right now, unless West Jessamine has also upgraded. I know that East has been working on it all Summer.
RoShamBo Wrote:I think it's East Jessamine that's having their turf installed right now, unless West Jessamine has also upgraded. I know that East has been working on it all Summer.

They must have both had it done this year. To be honest I can't see one getting it w/o the other. I've seen a picture of the W Jessamine field on Twitter.
FoSho Wrote:They must have both had it done this year. To be honest I can't see one getting it w/o the other. I've seen a picture of the W Jessamine field on Twitter.

I'd say you're right. I wasn't sure about West but I drive by East once every week or two for work.
I thought Etown had turf.
Tica Wrote:I thought Etown had turf.

They do.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Instead of using football classes, let's use basketball regions cause most people know the 16 basketball regions better & the basketball regions are closer in geography than the state-wide football classes.

15th region: Nine of the fifteen teams that have a football program in the 15th region have turf.
Johnson Central
Martin County
Magoffin County
Prestonsburg
Floyd Central
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Belfry
Shelby Valley

Paintsville, Lawrence County, East Ridge, Pike Central, Phelps & Jenkins... these schools do not have turf yet. The Piarist school is the only 15th region team without a football program.

More coal money there? Smile
BellCo18 Wrote:13th Region

Bell Co
Harlan Co

North and South will both have turf beginning with the 2020 season.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Instead of using football classes, let's use basketball regions cause most people know the 16 basketball regions better & the basketball regions are closer in geography than the state-wide football classes.

Johnson Central
Martin County
Magoffin County
Prestonsburg
Floyd Central
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Belfry
Shelby Valley

pjdoug Wrote:More coal money there? Smile

Every school in Eastern Kentucky would have new school building and athletic complex's if the coal money the area produced actually stayed in Eastern Kentucky.

To answer the question though, I think Belfry's CAM stadium might be the only one where the majority of the money came from coal dollars.
FoSho Wrote:They must have both had it done this year. To be honest I can't see one getting it w/o the other. I've seen a picture of the W Jessamine field on Twitter.

Only East getting turf this year. Haven’t heard any plans for West to get it (obviously won’t have it this year).
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Every school in Eastern Kentucky would have new school building and athletic complex's if the coal money the area produced actually stayed in Eastern Kentucky.

To answer the question though, I think Belfry's CAM stadium might be the only one where the majority of the money came from coal dollars.

A lot of coal money does go into school systems. Look at the stadiums at Harlan County Coal Miner's Memorial Stadium and Letcher County. Whitley County doesn't have turf, but they have a nice campus. coal was stripped on campus before.
8th
SK
Walton
Grant County
Carrollton County
Owen County
Gallitan County
South Oldham
Collins
North Oldham
Anderson County
Henry County
Missing a few others.
West Jessamine has turf. Installed this summer.
@WJ_Athletics