Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville's New Alumni Hall is in the Works!
Pikeville High School has decided to do an Alumni Hall in the hallway that connects the locker room and the coach's office. Right now they are in the beginning stages and are needing some help finding out who was either All-State or who went on to play college ball. After the list is compiled they plan on contacting these former players so to get a picture of them from either PHS or the college they attended. A small fee will be asked for to pay for the engraved nameplate and also for the lifesize bronze panther that will be placed in the middle of the Alumni Hall. Any help with names or contact information would greatly be appreciated. Any info can be sent to me via PM.
That is awesome and will make the players who wear the maroon even more honored!
I am sure it will be impressive when it is completed.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:That is awesome and will make the players who wear the maroon even more honored!
Were hoping thats what happens.
Now that will be NICE.... Players need to know the history an know they will have a better chance to.
That is what we hope happens. If we can get some info on what we need to.
All of the new guys should be pretty easy but the older guys will be hard to find. Hopefully somebody with some knowledge will come on here and help out.
bigpun Wrote:Pikeville High School has decided to do an Alumni Hall in the hallway that connects the locker room and the coach's office. Right now they are in the beginning stages and are needing some help finding out who was either All-State or who went on to play college ball. After the list is compiled they plan on contacting these former players so to get a picture of them from either PHS or the college they attended. A small fee will be asked for to pay for the engraved nameplate and also for the lifesize bronze panther that will be placed in the middle of the Alumni Hall. Any help with names or contact information would greatly be appreciated. Any info can be sent to me via PM.
I would think that if they made an all-state team or played college football, then the info would be on the Hall-of-Fame plaques in the commons area. If it is recent, then the school should have their info and some pictures. Sounds like a good idea to bring back a little history. There has been a bunch of great football players from PHS especially in the 60's, 70's, and 80's..
When are they planning on finishing the entire process?
I'm sure it will take a lot of hard work from a bunch of different people. It will take a while to put this much tradition into one area. Who knows how long. It is being worked on right now. I know the list is being compiled.
It would be sweet to get HUGE BANNERS with the state championships from each year that they won one! I am saying like the pic of the ones the Reds have on my myspace! Have it in white with maroon writing would look AWESOME!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:It would be sweet to get HUGE BANNERS with the state championships from each year that they won one! I am saying like the pic of the ones the Reds have on my myspace! Have it in white with maroon writing would look AWESOME!
or out by the field on top of the bleachers a HUGE billboard with a a giant panther with ll the State Championship trophy pictures.... talk about being imtimeadated walking into the stadium to see a giantic billboard like that of LSU in baseball. it would scare the heck outta me lol..
bball fan Wrote:I would think that if they made an all-state team or played college football, then the info would be on the Hall-of-Fame plaques in the commons area. If it is recent, then the school should have their info and some pictures. Sounds like a good idea to bring back a little history. There has been a bunch of great football players from PHS especially in the 60's, 70's, and 80's..
Thats where we started. The real challenge is going to be the older players from the pre 60s era. Bigpun and I have also discussed putting coaches in there as well. Of course the obvious ones are Hillard Howard and Bill Allara but also guys like Mark Wheeler and Gene Davis who have given tirelessly to this program to make what it was, what it is and what it will be again. Gotta have Snab in there too thats a given. Just want to show these kids that when they put on that maroon jersey and go out on the field just who they take with them when they go.
I'm glad everybody like the idea but that doesn't help find out any info on these guys that played before our time. I know that by talking with some will lead to others so I am positive about that aspect of the process.
C'mon people I know that somebody knows something about what we are looking for. Need some help. Everything and every person mentioned to me is strictly confidential. Nothing that is said to mewill be released unless you give me the go ahead.
Im slightly confused. The space between the lokerroom and coaches office isn't very big and has a couple of doorways in it. They would have to do some considerable tearing down of walls to accomplish this, unless you all are talking about a different hallway. Besides, there is already something there along those lines that is called the "Wall of Honor" i think.
There won't have to be anything tore down to get this accomplished. There will be plenty of other space in the hallway leading to the equipment room and the lockeroom it self. The Alumni Hall will in some cases be taking over for the Wall of Honor. All you talk about "tearing down walls" still doesn't help us get one step closer to having more info that we need. The reason I created this thread was to get info on the players not to talk about renovations that YOU think we will have to make.
Has anyone talked to Keno about the info on the players you are looking for?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Has anyone talked to Keno about the info on the players you are looking for?
Keno is no longer a factor in PHS decision making!!
bigpun Wrote:There won't have to be anything tore down to get this accomplished. There will be plenty of other space in the hallway leading to the equipment room and the lockeroom it self. The Alumni Hall will in some cases be taking over for the Wall of Honor. All you talk about "tearing down walls" still doesn't help us get one step closer to having more info that we need. The reason I created this thread was to get info on the players not to talk about renovations that YOU think we will have to make.
I think everyone is just confused about what info you guys are looking for. Anyone can probably name 50 great players that have played at PHS...but we probably can't give you specific info on their stats, honors, etc. Did you start by looking at the Hall of Fame plaques? Also, this project is probably better suited for the "off season". I would think that this time of year the locker room would be pretty busy with much more important things! Just my opinion!!
bigpun Wrote:There won't have to be anything tore down to get this accomplished. There will be plenty of other space in the hallway leading to the equipment room and the lockeroom it self. The Alumni Hall will in some cases be taking over for the Wall of Honor. All you talk about "tearing down walls" still doesn't help us get one step closer to having more info that we need. The reason I created this thread was to get info on the players not to talk about renovations that YOU think we will have to make.
Jeez i was just wondering where you were talking about because the shortest route between the two rooms is thru a bathroom.

I dont really know about who from Pikeville is all-state and all that, i just remember some of the names that were heroes when i was a kid.
bball fan Wrote:Keno is no longer a factor in PHS decision making!!

I know that, but he has a lot of knowledge about PHS sports. He could be someone to start at for the players in the early years.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
EASports12 Wrote:Jeez i was just wondering where you were talking about because the shortest route between the two rooms is thru a bathroom.

I dont really know about who from Pikeville is all-state and all that, i just remember some of the names that were heroes when i was a kid.
Do you think were stupid enough to want to honor the tradition of this great program in a bathroom? Its the room where the "wall of honor" is currently located. Im helping Bigpun on this project as are a few other football alumni members. Its kind of disheartening when people from our own school are coming on here and giving us grief and making sarcastic comments about what were wanting to do. This project is just in the planning stages right now and will more than likely be an off season project. All we need to know right now is who has played football at Pikeville and made either 1st team,2nd team,3rd team or honorable mention all state. Also we need the names of the players who received a football scholorship to college. C'mon guys quit being part of the problem and be part of the solution.

Which works out pretty good considering were not asking him to make any decisions. All we need is information. And we'll take that from anyone who anyone who wants to give it.
bball fan Wrote:I think everyone is just confused about what info you guys are looking for. Anyone can probably name 50 great players that have played at PHS...but we probably can't give you specific info on their stats, honors, etc. Did you start by looking at the Hall of Fame plaques? Also, this project is probably better suited for the "off season". I would think that this time of year the locker room would be pretty busy with much more important things! Just my opinion!!
We are going to start by getting the ones who were either 1st team,2nd team,or honorable mention all state. Also anyone else who didnt make all state but did receive a football scholorship to college. We are in the process of looking in the hall of fame for some info. But there are some people who havent made it into the hall of fame that fit the criteria described above. Dont get me wrong Im not criticizing the HOF or anything but what were doing is something different.
Keno would be a factor in helping us with some names that we may need. I had the decision making on this but Keno could help greatly with providing info.