Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan county 1-0 this season
HCS Wrote:Not sure how any of that makes sense, but four years ago South beat Leslie 47-29 and Leslie beat Harlan 28-0 in varsity games. I think that was the only common opponent.
Harlan hasn't had a really good eighth grade team since the 1990s - unless I forgot one.

I was referring to Harlan Co best I remember the eighth grade team I’m thinking about dominated middle school and it wasn’t even close. Harlan Co is on a completely different level than SL, apples to oranges and such...
Yeah, New Harlan won a state championship three years ago - that was the middle schools that fed into Cawood High School.
Harlan was criticized for scheduling a 4A team even though they have been playing a 5A team. I think they placed Knox Central fairly recently and Knox has beat Harlan County the past few years.
HCS Wrote:Yeah, New Harlan won a state championship three years ago - that was the middle schools that fed into Cawood High School.
Harlan was criticized for scheduling a 4A team even though they have been playing a 5A team. I think they placed Knox Central fairly recently and Knox has beat Harlan County the past few years.

I’m not criticizing, just saying Harlan Co is far and away a better program than SL, all programs involved can schedule whoever they want it’s no skin off my tail....
single shot Wrote:I was referring to Harlan Co best I remember the eighth grade team I’m thinking about dominated middle school and it wasn’t even close. Harlan Co is on a completely different level than SL, apples to oranges and such...

is Whitley County better than Harlan County?
pjdoug Wrote:is Whitley County better than Harlan County?

Sorry Dougie, I think your headed in the right direction with your new coach but Harlan Co has loads more talent on the roster right now. Can Whitley be better than Harlan Co? Absolutely, but it’s gonna take a few years of politics being put to the side and getting kids back on the field...
single shot Wrote:Sorry Dougie, I think your headed in the right direction with your new coach but Harlan Co has loads more talent on the roster right now. Can Whitley be better than Harlan Co? Absolutely, but it’s gonna take a few years of politics being put to the side and getting kids back on the field...

When did Harlan County last beat Whitley County? :biggrin:
Play Belfry. Why take an off week and claim a forfeit? Strap up and play.
pjdoug Wrote:When did Harlan County last beat Whitley County? :biggrin:

HC won: 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
Whitley won: 2018, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2009
Harlan County won the district last year and the region the year before so I guess that's why it seems they have done better, but Whitley won some tight games recently, coming back from 28-0 down in 2016 and won another hard-fought one when HCHS went to the state final four in 2017.
pjdoug Wrote:When did Harlan County last beat Whitley County? :biggrin:

:Shaking: I was under the assumption we where talking about currently...Last years Harlan county teams strength was in their underclassman, unless they've had a lot of kids quit they should have a couple loaded classes that's gonna be upperclassman the next couple years...….Harlan Co. has had as much or more success in a decade or less than Whitley Co has had in 30 years...…...:Nodding::loveya:
single shot Wrote::Shaking: I was under the assumption we where talking about currently...Last years Harlan county teams strength was in their underclassman, unless they've had a lot of kids quit they should have a couple loaded classes that's gonna be upperclassman the next couple years...….Harlan Co. has had as much or more success in a decade or less than Whitley Co has had in 30 years...…...:Nodding::loveya:

Whitley County is not as good but Harlan County has lost to them for three consecutive years. talk about bad luck.
single shot Wrote::Shaking: I was under the assumption we where talking about currently...Last years Harlan county teams strength was in their underclassman, unless they've had a lot of kids quit they should have a couple loaded classes that's gonna be upperclassman the next couple years...….Harlan Co. has had as much or more success in a decade or less than Whitley Co has had in 30 years...…...:Nodding::loveya:

Yes - strong junior and senior classes. The only impact player lost was Burkhart, a guard/linebacker who isn't playing.
Sad to see Harlan struggling to field a team. Hopefully more boys will come out when school starts.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County is not as good but Harlan County has lost to them for three consecutive years. talk about bad luck.

Congrats you beat the Region and district Champion in consecutive years....:biggrin:
HCS Wrote:Yes - strong junior and senior classes. The only impact player lost was Burkhart, a guard/linebacker who isn't playing.

Hope its not due to injury I hate it when kids don't get to play because of injuries
single shot Wrote:Congrats you beat the Region and district Champion in consecutive years....:biggrin:

:Clap:
I've been wanting to answer some of these allegations, but unlike some of you, I want to get my facts straight before posting.

1-Harlan city approached HC to schedule the game
2-HC did NOT pay them $10K
3-Coach Creech did try to pick up another game. He spoke with Haywood about filling that time slot
4-KHSAA mandated that neither school could pick up an additional game

I saw the email. Item 4 "Neither school may schedule an additional game for 2019 to replace this contest". Item 5 "Harlan shall, in writing, notify Harlan County by October 1, 2019 as to its intention to fulfill its August 21, 2020 obligation for a second game."

Even if it wasn't already against BGR rules, I would still encourage you to research and not post something that is incorrect.
Sorry Granny but both sides have said money involved and yes 10,000. Five the first and five the second. That is fact.
I hope that ever school numbers go up, Football is seriously hurting at some places. Our numbers are BAD!!
I sure don’t want any program to fold..I love all the teams!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I hope that ever school numbers go up, Football is seriously hurting at some places. Our numbers are BAD!!
I sure don’t want any program to fold..I love all the teams!

Another different generation on top of just to much for kids to do these days. It’s hard to get them to endure the work and the heat when most of them rather just play football on a video game. Sad really they’ll never understand all the good times that come with playing this wonderful game...
Kind of a shame that Williamsburg and Harlan couldn't have swapped opening week opponents. Williamsburg-Harlan County and Harlan-Jellico might have been more appropriate matchups for everyone involved.
Flicka Wrote:Sorry Granny but both sides have said money involved and yes 10,000. Five the first and five the second. That is fact.

Not true Flicka. The only money involved was a $4,000 stipend sponsored by First Priority.

And the statement made was "...They sold out when HC brought $10,000 dollars to table. HC didn't bring one red penny to the table.
dodger Wrote:Kind of a shame that Williamsburg and Harlan couldn't have swapped opening week opponents. Williamsburg-Harlan County and Harlan-Jellico might have been more appropriate matchups for everyone involved.

Williamsburg has their toughest schedule in a while this year but honestly their coach never seems to try and schedule big time opponents to really challenge his team.
Kobe Burkhart back playing for Harlan county if he can stay healthy he will help.