Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds: Stanton on DL, Gosling to take his place.
Stanton strained his left hamstring on Saturday. Grosling is getting another stand in the majors.

Stanton has been struggling this season. Perhaps this might be a good situation for the Reds, to get Stanton healthy and pitching well and let some youth get some experence. I personally think that this has been a long time coming with the bullpen. Strengthen some the good young minor league pitchers up while not putting as much pressure on them. Heck you could not get any worse pitching from the bullpen as what you have already recieved this year ( Coutlangus aside).
Toughts?
the Reds bullpen needs all the help it can get, Stanton is better than he has pitched he has 3 or 4 world series rings.
rallo316 Wrote:the Reds bullpen needs all the help it can get, Stanton is better than he has pitched he has 3 or 4 world series rings.

I knew that he was old but man I did know he has been around long enough to have 3 or 4rings. Do you know what teams and what years? (Off topic)

Also how many times has Grosling been called up before this recent one?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I knew that he was old but man I did know he has been around long enough to have 3 or 4rings. Do you know what teams and what years? (Off topic)

Also how many times has Grosling been called up before this recent one?

Gosling has been in the majors before, I remember him pitching for Arizona a couple years ago. The Reds obtained him prior to the 2006 season (I believe off of waivers), and he was even a candidate to be the 5th starter last year before they traded for Arroyo. As a sign of how well our starting pitching situation has improved, he was not even mentioned as a candidate for the rotation during spring training this year.

Also, he is not one of the team's top prospects, simply a rotation filler for Louisville after Bailey, Dumatrait, and Livingston. I believe the Reds called him up simply because they needed another lefty in the pen while Stanton is out.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Gosling has been in the majors before, I remember him pitching for Arizona a couple years ago. The Reds obtained him prior to the 2006 season (I believe off of waivers), and he was even a candidate to be the 5th starter last year before they traded for Arroyo. As a sign of how well our starting pitching situation has improved, he was not even mentioned as a candidate for the rotation during spring training this year.

Also, he is not one of the team's top prospects, simply a rotation filler for Louisville after Bailey, Dumatrait, and Livingston. I believe the Reds called him up simply because they needed another lefty in the pen while Stanton is out.

Thanks for your opinion! BTW is Grosling just going to be bullpen help the rest of his career or possible starter material?

Is Livingston going to be pitching more and more in the big leagues this year? He is another guy that IMO is a key for the Reds future. I remember seeing him get a couple starts earlier in the season but now I never here his name mentioned?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Thanks for your opinion! BTW is Grosling just going to be bullpen help the rest of his career or possible starter material?

Is Livingston going to be pitching more and more in the big leagues this year? He is another guy that IMO is a key for the Reds future. I remember seeing him get a couple starts earlier in the season but now I never here his name mentioned?

First off, I have to correct you because you've done it twice now: Gosling, no "R"! Wink

Back to serious discussion, I don't see Gosling ever being a major league caliber starter, unless a lot of guys in our system get hurt. The Reds simply have much better prospects in their system right now.

Livingston, on the other hand, I'm not sure about. He was another waiver pickup, like Gosling, although he is thought of much more highly. The Reds actually got him as a waiver claim when the Devil Rays and Phillies tried a sneaky way to have TB first claim him and then immediately trade him to Philly. MLB voided the trade and awarded him to the Reds. Anyway, he would still be considered behind Dumatrait at Louisville as far as being a prospect goes, but still could figure into the team's plans. I remember he had a great spring earlier this year and almost made the team as the 5th starter.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:First off, I have to correct you because you've done it twice now: Gosling, no "R"! Wink

Back to serious discussion, I don't see Gosling ever being a major league caliber starter, unless a lot of guys in our system get hurt. The Reds simply have much better prospects in their system right now.

Livingston, on the other hand, I'm not sure about. He was another waiver pickup, like Gosling, although he is thought of much more highly. The Reds actually got him as a waiver claim when the Devil Rays and Phillies tried a sneaky way to have TB first claim him and then immediately trade him to Philly. MLB voided the trade and awarded him to the Reds. Anyway, he would still be considered behind Dumatrait at Louisville as far as being a prospect goes, but still could figure into the team's plans. I remember he had a great spring earlier this year and almost made the team as the 5th starter.

Thank you for correcting me! I guess I was just blazing through when I saw his name.

I see that someone has been hitting the ole' Sportting News lately. :Thumbs: I think my roommate and I watched a game that Livingston pitched earlier in the year. I could be wrong but I believe it was the second or third week of the season.