Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County 44 Knott Central 43 All A
Lady Owls beat KCC in Hindman by 1 point for the second time this season. Advance to the semis.
Good job girls and coaches. I guess owl stew was not on menu tonight. This team is young and dangerous. They have taken some losses, but they are learning to play together. They have the potential to beat anyone in the district and region.
Owsley_Fan Wrote:Good job girls and coaches. I guess owl stew was not on menu tonight. This team is young and dangerous. They have taken some losses, but they are learning to play together. They have the potential to beat anyone in the district and region.
I agree. They’ve had 8 losses but have played a tough schedule and also had some injuries. The 3 day tournament they played in central Tennessee was mostly 3A size schools that were very good. Lost at undefeated Floyd Central. Lost by 2 to Leslie in Hyden and lost to Harlan County. Lost at Powell and Wolfe . But they’ve had some good wins, twice at Knott, at Jackson County, at Estill to name a few. They still have some tough games remaining, Somerset, at Clay County, Leslie and Floyd Central again.
Those type games will toughen a team, and a young team that starts 4 sophomores with a senior and come off the bench with a freshman and seventh grader can use all the difficult game experience they can get. It’ll pay dividends in the long run.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I agree. They’ve had 8 losses but have played a tough schedule and also had some injuries. The 3 day tournament they played in central Tennessee was mostly 3A size schools that were very good. Lost at undefeated Floyd Central. Lost by 2 to Leslie in Hyden and lost to Harlan County. Lost at Powell and Wolfe . But they’ve had some good wins, twice at Knott, at Jackson County, at Estill to name a few. They still have some tough games remaining, Somerset, at Clay County, Leslie and Floyd Central again.
Those type games will toughen a team, and a young team that starts 4 sophomores with a senior and come off the bench with a freshman and seventh grader can use all the difficult game experience they can get. It’ll pay dividends in the long run.

I agree with you on basically every point, but I would like to point out a couple of things. I, as bad as I hate to say this, don't see Estill as a very high caliber win. And, both losses to Powell and Wolfe were by double digits. Which is odd considering they beat Knott...
Good win for Lady Owls, but Knott Co seems to be a bit overrated. Keep hearing how young Owsley Co is, I’m pretty sure couple these sophomores are 3rd yr starters. Both semi final games should be very competitive.
Silver hawk Wrote:Good win for Lady Owls, but Knott Co seems to be a bit overrated. Keep hearing how young Owsley Co is, I’m pretty sure couple these sophomores are 3rd yr starters. Both semi final games should be very competitive.
You’re right, Lynch and Murray have both started since 8th grade. That still doesn’t take away from how young they are this year, 15 year old 10th graders, but they have two previous years of starter experience.
The Ole Man Wrote:I agree with you on basically every point, but I would like to point out a couple of things. I, as bad as I hate to say this, don't see Estill as a very high caliber win. And, both losses to Powell and Wolfe were by double digits. Which is odd considering they beat Knott...
The loss at Powell was just one of those nights. Nothing went right. An example is 18 missed free throws. And Powell played a good game, shot well. They have a good team, as their 10-4 record shows. The Wolfe loss in Campton was the third game in three nights and Lexy Lynch was still hobbled with a foot injury. However, Wolfe’s best player, Smith, was also just back from an ankle sprain. She’s averaging 30 ppg. The Wolves have a pretty good team, too. They’re 12-4.
The Estill win was not by a lot but from past experiences anytime you go into Irvine and come out with a W you’ve done well. Their fans and student body are great and are very supportive and vocal at games and it’s not uncommon for teams to wilt in that atmosphere, lol.
[Image:

]

Bolz, got home and seen a replay of the game on wymt and started tearing up baby. CT called to check on ole fatpat and he said soundz like you got a tear in your beer big guy ..... I said lil man the big guy is sobbing sumthin fierce. I have to give credit to the owlz pulling another one out at Mortys. We had the concessions rockin, the pep club partying, and the band headbangin, wowza! We struggled sumthin fierce on the court. This morning in the warrroom BoPo was using the ole rotator phone calling Poppy and the Vatican. I heard BoPo say we have a curse at Mortys and for him to get his a%$ here pronto. The ole football curse is a mutha and has spilled into the gym. We are on full eradication alert.

#lawdhavemercy #noowlinourstew More mash taters please!!!
Another good win for the Owls, the Lady Pats gave another one away. Have to start listening to their coach or they will never accomplish their goals for this season. Can't make the mistakes that they keep making and expect to win the 14th region.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/2qw6pz.gif] Bolz ole Fatpat still cant wrap the ole mind on this one! Honeycutta said big guy time to rethink! Lady Pats stood on offensy like ole Fatpat waiting at the post office for the ole check baby! Now ole Fatpat cant move too fast but Honeycutta said big guy no movement=no taters! Freaking genius! Honeycutta going over stats to see who brought the tater sauce to the game and who didnt! Warroom never be the same baby! Taterprofren or taternol cures all headaches and worries for the big guy! #getthetrainrolling #ctbringinginmorecoal More mash taters please!!!
[Image: https://artofquotation.files.wordpress.c...rcxw7f.gif] Bolz this game like Groundhog day all over again brutha! Negative Wowza and ole Fatpat give Lynch credit cause she fast as ole Fatpat hitting the Pig in a Poke on Friday special bruh! #wewillmeetagain #nomogroundhogdaysahead More mash taters please!!!
Owsley came in and simply outplayed Knott. Knott put themselves in a bad situation to start the game that really made it difficult for them. Lack of ball movement on the offensive end and poor defense made Owsley look solid. Congrats to Owsley.