Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 41 Pendleton County 0
Blake Stump of Russell had an injury in the game, hopefully it's nothing major. Casey Clark of Russell also got ejected.
Hopefully both can return for the Bath County game in two weeks.
Clark has to sit two games according to the radio.
mightydog Wrote:Clark has to sit two games according to the radio.
It's 1 game, they(KHSAA) changed it to 1 game from 2.
Good. TJ needs to do something about the personal fouls. Seems Russell gets at least one a game if not more.
Congrats to Russell
I think the reason for the change was that other sports have more games on the schedule ,and football only has 10 in the regular season. It makes it more fair.
Most sports are 2 games though.
What was the ejection for?
For unsportsmanlike conduct.
Just watched wsaz. They wanted to know if Pendleton flew in. Also called Russell’s QB jachizmic
Did anyone hear an update on Blake Stump's Injury on how long he might be out?
TJ said he doesn't know anything yet but he's hoping for good news. But if not it will be next man up.
Hopefully nothing serious
It seems like Russell since the Ashland loss has woke up and really playing outstanding football on both sides of the ball especially on 'D'. I know most will say once again it is just the district that Russell plays in but still had good wins vs. WC and Fleming on the road. There was many of the fans on here and other sites saying this Russell team after the horrible loss to Ashland would be lucky to win against WC, at Fleming, and at Bath County. It looks like they will be heading to Bath County at 5-3 and 4-0 in the district if they win at home next week vs. Lewis County. We will then see on the Road at Bath County how much this Russell team has Improved since the Ashland blow-out. Then after Bath County another tough road game at Raceland to finish up the regular season. Those two games on the road for Russell should show us how far this Russell team has come since Ashland on both the Offense and Defense. It should be interesting 3 weeks of football and also heading in the Playoffs for Russell. The games at Bath and at Raceland should show us how well we might do in the Playoffs this year.
Bath had a player ejected last week against west carter, he sit out tonight against Lewis and from my understanding he is out next week as well.
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:Bath had a player ejected last week against west carter, he sit out tonight against Lewis and from my understanding he is out next week as well.
This is from a ref at another site

Every ejection is reviewed by the commissioner. Players are usually suspended for 1 game but it can be more depending upon the magnitude of the incident.
I wouldn’t call Raceland a road game
Russell has played a lot better after the Ashland game. The schedule has been easier, but they have come to play and completely dominated all of the teams including West and Fleming. It will be interesting to see how they close out the season as the competition increases against Bath and Raceland.
Raceland will be the telling tale. Bath couldn’t beat West no way Russell has any trouble with them.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Raceland will be the telling tale. Bath couldn’t beat West no way Russell has any trouble with them.

Bath country had their bad game of the season against West, I’m not making excuses for them because at the end of the day they lost that game to West, but bath will match up better against Russell, the field is on turf, unlike west carters field which is a pig pen with field goal posts. They also won’t have any trouble holding onto the ball like they did at West. Not saying bath county will win but I think it may be a little closer that what you think. But you have your opinion and I have mine
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Raceland will be the telling tale. Bath couldn’t beat West no way Russell has any trouble with them.

Not so fast my friend. You should know that you can't compare scores. If you follow Russell you know how they laid an egg against Fleming Co a few years ago in a game they should have ran away with. Look at this year. Russell should have beat Ironton. Ironton almost beats Ashland. Ashland destroys Russell. Worse thing in the word is to compair scores. Never underestimate an opponent

I think Russell will win but it wont be easy. West field was a quagmire that night and Bath turned it over five times. It will be Bath's Super Bowl on October 19th. Devils by 10 or less.
EKYFootball1717 Wrote:Bath country had their bad game of the season against West, I’m not making excuses for them because at the end of the day they lost that game to West, but bath will match up better against Russell, the field is on turf, unlike west carters field which is a pig pen with field goal posts. They also won’t have any trouble holding onto the ball like they did at West. Not saying bath county will win but I think it may be a little closer that what you think. But you have your opinion and I have mine

I respect your opinion and I very well could be in for surprise. I think Russell will have to help Bath for that to happen turnovers, bonehead penalties, lack of intensity etc.
mightydog Wrote:Not so fast my friend. You should know that you can't compare scores. If you follow Russell you know how they laid an egg against Fleming Co a few years ago in a game they should have ran away with. Look at this year. Russell should have beat Ironton. Ironton almost beats Ashland. Ashland destroys Russell. Worse thing in the word is to compair scores. Never underestimate an opponent

You can’t compare anything in local rival games. Bath and West are not fierce rivals and neither have a home field advantage like Tanks Memorial Stadium.
I remember that embarrassing night at Russell and to this day I’m not convinced the Devils should have ran away with that game.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:I respect your opinion and I very well could be in for surprise. I think Russell will have to help Bath for that to happen turnovers, bonehead penalties, lack of intensity etc.

These, combined with the field conditions, are what cost Bath County vs West Carter. The same turnovers cost West Carter vs Fleming Co. The same will be the deciding factor between Bath Co and Russell because the teams are very evenly matched but Bath County is focused on Fleming Co this week. We will discuss more next week.
West played on the same field
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:West played on the same field

Yep they had 3 turnovers of their own. Lose the turnover battle and you lose the game most times.