Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Mason County
So much about who is "good" is such a perception based assumption. Guy has tons of talent equally a good record, where a guy can be below .500 and if given the same talent could coach circles around some of these "good" guys
Rumor Has It...Does anyone know how Sizemore's interview went last night?
Rumor Also Has It... Steve Wright will interview Monday or Tuesday.
What days are interviews taking place?
Wolverine Wrote:What days are interviews taking place?

Rumor Has It...They started last week and will continue on for at least 2 more weeks.
Mason County lets out of school on Thursday, be interesting to see if they hire before then or no, according to rumor mill, two more weeks of interviews. I would say no later than June 1 they want a coach in place.
Last day of school is tomorrow for Mason. Workouts/open gym, etc will start soon. Gotta be close to making a decision on a head coach.

Anyone with info?
Brian Kirk is rumored to be a front runner.
You all are so wrong on this it's comical. Mason County probably has never heard of some of the people mentioned. The only two serious inquires were Brian Kirk of Augusta and Brad Sizemore of North Laurel. I said this two weeks ago on BGP. But now know that Brian Kirk is the frontrunner, and I expect it to be official after May 25th, Augusta's last day of school. You are welcome. Speculation over.
brooksville Wrote:You all are so wrong on this it's comical. Mason County probably has never heard of some of the people mentioned. The only two serious inquires were Brian Kirk of Augusta and Brad Sizemore of North Laurel. I said this two weeks ago on BGP. But now know that Brian Kirk is the frontrunner, and I expect it to be official after May 25th, Augusta's last day of school. You are welcome. Speculation over.

:lmao: If that's the best they can do.
I don't know about anyone else, but I could care less what was posted on BGP. I left that site years ago.
OhHereWeGo Wrote::lmao: If that's the best they can do.
Must not get out of the mountains much. Great coach and disciplinarian which is what Mason County needed.
brooksville Wrote:Must not get out of the mountains much. Great coach and disciplinarian which is what Mason County needed.

I'm very familiar with the 10th Region. Have several good friends in the southern part of the Region. So yes, I do get out of the Mountains, maybe you should get out of Brooksville a bit more.
brooksville Wrote:Must not get out of the mountains much. Great coach and disciplinarian which is what Mason County needed.

He's not even the best coach in Bracken County. He was left the keys to a Ferrari and turned it into a Fiat when Coach Hinson left.
GTownDevil Wrote:He's not even the best coach in Bracken County. He was left the keys to a Ferrari and turned it into a Fiat when Coach Hinson left.

Surprised Jason Hinson wasn’t in the running for the job.
BTP Wrote:Surprised Jason Hinson wasn’t in the running for the job.
Didn’t apply. He told me he wants to finish out his career at Bracken County where he played and his kid plays. At least 15 more years he hopes. Glad to have a good coach that wants to stay long-term.
brooksville Wrote:Didn’t apply. He told me he wants to finish out his career at Bracken County where he played and his kid plays. At least 15 more years he hopes. Glad to have a good coach that wants to stay long-term.

Have had good coaches in multiple sports the last few years. Not sure why a coach wouldn’t want to test the waters if there was better opportunities.
brooksville Wrote:Didn’t apply. He told me he wants to finish out his career at Bracken County where he played and his kid plays. At least 15 more years he hopes. Glad to have a good coach that wants to stay long-term.

:gtfo:

Maybe they should do more to retain the good coaches they have had in the past.
Mason County hires Brian Kirk.