Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Report: Rivalry with Pitino will keep Billy away from Lexington
The No. 1 element that may keep him away from UK is Rick Pitino. No matter how much Billy and Rick might vow to one another to never become engaged in personal headbutting - it would unquestionably happen.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../-1/sports

Does this story have any real weight? I know that on a recruiting level, it may be more intense if Donovan came to Kentucky, however, don't these two already compete on the level of national recruiting or is Pitino just recruiting boys from Kentucky? Come on. I just don't see this having as much weight as Florida fans hope it does.
I agree, JJ. I don't think the fact that Pitino is 75 miles away will weigh very heavily on Donovan's decision. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Donovan called Pitino for advice on his situation once the Final Four is complete. I don't think it will matter one way or another regardless of what the decision is in the end.
Well to trump the trump card. I'll throw an alternative theory out there. EGO. Pitino has a huge ego and so does Donovan. What better way to prove you are the best and to crawl out from under his shadow than to go head to head with your mentor and come out on top.

This is my theory and holds no more water than the theory in the article. But it seems just as likely.
That article is just wishful thinking from Florida fans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:Well to trump the trump card. I'll throw an alternative theory out there. EGO. Pitino has a huge ego and so does Donovan. What better way to prove you are the best and to crawl out from under his shadow than to go head to head with your mentor and come out on top.

I like it. :notworthy
ComfortEagle Wrote:That article is just wishful thinking from Florida fans.
Yeah, They need something to talk about down in Florida.
Did you notice one of the comments? It showed a picture of the house that Donovan "reportedly" bought. The house is over $3.5 million. Florida fans are biting nails right now.
BCF4L Wrote:Did you notice one of the comments? It showed a picture of the house that Donovan "reportedly" bought. The house is over $3.5 million. Florida fans are biting nails right now.
And the one about the direct flight from Gainesville to Lexington...lol
I love how people were complaining about the press conference video and how it said nothing about Kentucky!
The airplane did happen, here is the flight schedule for today March 28th.

Arrivals: Blue Grass Airport (Lexington, KY) [KLEX]
Ident Type Origin Departure
Time Arrival
Time
EGF517 E135 Dallas Fort Worth Int'l (KDFW) Wed 11:19AM CDT Wed 02:01PM EDT
EGF448 E135 Chicago O'Hare Int'l (KORD) Wed 11:50AM CDT Wed 01:35PM EDT
MDS262 SH33 West Memphis Municipal (KAWM) Wed 10:35AM CDT Wed 01:27PM EDT
FLG5875 CRJ2 Detroit Metro Wayne Co (KDTW) Wed 12:27PM EDT Wed 01:23PM EDT
ASQ92 CRJ2 Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Int'l (KATL) Wed 12:39PM EDT Wed 01:20PM EDT
EJA685 C56X Savannah Hilton Head Int'l (KSAV) Wed 11:40AM EDT Wed 12:53PM EDT
JIA464 CRJ2 Charlotte Douglas Int'l (KCLT) Wed 11:29AM EDT Wed 12:14PM EDT
MES2780 SF34 Memphis Int'l (KMEM) Wed 09:25AM CDT Wed 11:53AM EDT
N826HS C525 Philadelphia Int'l (KPHL) Wed 09:56AM EDT Wed 11:39AM EDT
CHQ6223 E135 Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Int'l (KCVG) Wed 11:16AM EDT Wed 11:33AM EDT
FRL6099 E145 Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Int'l (KATL) Wed 10:41AM EDT Wed 11:30AM EDT
N28CG D328 Elmira Corning Regional (KELM) Wed 09:51AM EDT Wed 11:25AM EDT
FLG3793 CRJ2 Detroit Metro Wayne Co (KDTW) Wed 09:31AM EDT Wed 10:29AM EDT
ASQ732 CRJ2 Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Int'l (KATL) Wed 09:47AM EDT Wed 10:29AM EDT
SKW6864 CRJ2 Chicago O'Hare Int'l (KORD) Wed 08:13AM CDT Wed 10:05AM EDT
N60KV PAY1 Spartanburg Downtown Mem (KSPA) Wed 08:58AM EDT Wed 09:56AM EDT
LXJ255 LJ60 Gainesville Regional (KGNV) Wed 08:12AM EDT Wed 09:30AM EDT

You can go to arrivals and click more to find what I just listed at...

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KLEX
Everyone knows that Donovan and Pitino are stuck on their persona, why not compete with one another to determine who is the better coach in the College Basketball Capital of the World.
Anyone else noticing the far fetched theories the Florida columnists are coming up with???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Anyone else noticing the far fetched theories the Florida columnists are coming up with???

I believe it's called "grasping for straws." Smile