Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instead of Donovan, UK should hire ...
Bruce Pearl.

This column from The Tennessean makes some excellent points.

http://tinyurl.com/33akr5

Eventually somebody's going to take Pearl away from UT. Wouldn't it be just right for UK to do it? Smile
either would be great. hey, maybe peatl cold even get #5 to sit one out and come with???
Would he even consider leaving TN? I hope we land Billy D because at the moment the elite possibilities are growing thin. I'd say if Billy D turns us down then give one of the Ky boys a shot. Travis or John, anyone?
calQlate Wrote:Would he even consider leaving TN? I hope we land Billy D because at the moment the elite possibilities are growing thin. I'd say if Billy D turns us down then give one of the Ky boys a shot. Travis or John, anyone?
John maybe, Travis ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I have said it in other post the Bruce Pearl may be the best fit for the job. He plays the style that UK fans have been wanting. He is charismatic and has a chip on his shoulder to succeed. That chip is why I think he would leave Knoxville in a heartbeat to coach at UK. He has that urge to prove the doubters wrong.
Pearl has made me like Tennessee sports. If UK doesnt win i am hopin UT does.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Pearl has made me like Tennessee sports. If UK doesnt win i am hopin UT does.
There is nothing that can make me like the Vols but Pearl is a very likeable coach. With his passion I think the UK fan base would fall in love with the guy.
well i want them to win for him. not like i am a fan of the university. i stated it wrong in the previous post...lol
Anybody know anything about a recent Pearl interview in which he called UK "the best job in the country?"

I've heard rumors of its existence, but can't find a link. At this point I think it could be a myth.
I don't care much for Donovan at UK especially compared to the rest of the UK Nation.

But honestly, what is your problem with Billy D. and UK happening?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TomSportsHack Wrote:Bruce Pearl.

This column from The Tennessean makes some excellent points.

http://tinyurl.com/33akr5

Eventually somebody's going to take Pearl away from UT. Wouldn't it be just right for UK to do it? Smile
Tom, I think you are experiencing a little wishful thinking...wishful that UK would look anywhere but Gainesville for their next coach.
You seem nervous that Billy D is truly looking to move and leave Florida in the dust to again fall into the shadows of the football team.
Fox, as you already know I'm a Florida State fan. Directions to Gainesville from Tallahassee are: "East till you smell it. South till you step in it."

I'm just tired of watching y'all look like bigger fools than Bammers did in December.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't care much for Donovan at UK especially compared to the rest of the UK Nation.

But honestly, what is your problem with Billy D. and UK happening?

That which is not going to happen should not have time wasted upon it.

Billy Donovan's next job will be in Da League.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Fox, as you already know I'm a Florida State fan. Directions to Gainesville from Tallahassee are: "East till you smell it. South till you step in it."

I'm just tired of watching y'all look like bigger fools than Bammers did in December.
Please, don't pass the "fool" judgement until the new coach is named.
TomSportsHack Wrote:That which is not going to happen should not have time wasted upon it.

Tom...

Tom...

Tom!!!

WAKE UP...You are dreaming again.
I would love to see John Pelphrey with the job. If you really want the pride brought back to Kentucky basketball, hire someone who cares about the program and not just the dollars. John went to UK not knowing weather he would play or not. He went for the love of the team. He is a top notch recruiter. He has has alot to do with Billy D's success.
Here's who won't be coaching UK...
Pitino - as already mentioned.
Calipari - agreed to a new extension yesterday with Memphis.
Matta - Told the Columbus Dispatch yesterday that he would not consider the UK job even if UK offered it to him.

TomSportsHack Wrote:That which is not going to happen should not have time wasted upon it.

What makes you so sure of that? I'm just saying if you're so confident you better be ready to eat crow if he comes to UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jammin' jamey Wrote:Here's who won't be coaching UK...
Pitino - as already mentioned.
Calipari - agreed to a new extension yesterday with Memphis.
Matta - Told the Columbus Dispatch yesterday that he would not consider the UK job even if UK offered it to him.
I think all three of these^^^ have publically stated they do not have an interest as a public relations ploy because it's been 5 days and they have not been called, Therefore, From UK's perspective, there is no interest in them...they are trying to save face.

Rumor or not, I think it is pretty clear that Barnhart has his sights on Donovan and Donovan alone at this point...If Mitch doesn't get Billy the Kid, his job will be next.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I think all three of these^^^ have publically stated they do not have an interest as a public relations ploy because it's been 5 days and they have not been called, Therefore, From UK's perspective, there is no interest in them...they are trying to save face.

Rumor or not, I think it is pretty clear that Barnhart has his sights on Donovan and Donovan alone at this point...If Mitch doesn't get Billy the Kid, his job will be next.

Totally agree and good analysis! You just made a fool out of Andy Katz. :flame: