Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby needs to leave
The Michigan thing was concocted by Andy Katz. Nothing but trying to create a story.

Gillespie is still in the sweet 16 and hasn't had time to discuss anything about other jobs than A&M.
SportsFan80 Wrote:I can answer that Bizmark. NOT A THING!!!!! Ok, so he won a championship and and some SEC titles and so on and so forth. That was in his early years here at UK. Need I remind you people that the players on that championship team were recruited by Pitino, all Tubby did was sit back and watch them play and win. Thats it. He hasnt done a lot since then. Besides lose 10+ games in 5 of those years. The only thing that kept him from being worse is he got lucky in finding Prince, Hayes and a few others. Open your eyes UK fans, the program is on a downward spiral with Tubby guiding the way.
OK so Pitino recruited those players, but Tubby coached them. And that team, the Comeback Cats had to have some good coaching to get that name. After no one ever mentions that this team wasn't suppose to be that good and how they over-achieved. Must have been some good coaching somewhere. How come I never see anyone from North Carolina saying that Roy Williams won with MAtt Dougherty's players.
moofer Wrote:How come I never see anyone from North Carolina saying that Roy Williams won with MAtt Dougherty's players.

Because most all of us are in Kentucky, those that aren't are from Kentucky.
DevilsWin Wrote:Because most all of us are in Kentucky, those that aren't are from Kentucky.
That and UNC fans arent as dumb as UK fans....and what i mean by that is they stay behind there coach and support him, which is nothing like UK fans.UNC fans dont live in the past like UK fans and they are more loyal to there program than UK fans.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:That and UNC fans arent as dumb as UK fans....and what i mean by that is they stay behind there coach and support him, which is nothing like UK fans.UNC fans dont live in the past like UK fans and they are more loyal to there program than UK fans.

i said i wouldnt post on anymore tubby threads but i have to here. its the coach people disagree with, not the program there big guy. your close to brain dead if you think we dont support the program. trust me, i watched the kansas game with DevilsWin and you aint gonna be able to tell me that he dont love UK. we all support the program and that is why we want to see them win. during a game you wont here us dissing tubby, just cheering on the CATS! its afterwards when we get mad about the outcome of games but dont say that we dont support the program.
Tubby is just great. lol
braves_fan_10 Wrote:That and UNC fans arent as dumb as UK fans....and what i mean by that is they stay behind there coach and support him, which is nothing like UK fans.UNC fans dont live in the past like UK fans and they are more loyal to there program than UK fans.
UNC fans are exactly like UK fans. They feel they are entitled to being the best just because of the name on the Jersey.
FBALL Wrote:UNC fans are exactly like UK fans. They feel they are entitled to being the best just because of the name on the Jersey.

The name on the jersey means something at programs
that have possessed elite status over the long haul.
The name on the jersey means something to out of state
recruits who come to a university.
The name on the jersey represents something, just like
the flag represents something.
FBALL, is your contention that the UK program is not
in a steady decline in recruiting, in prestige, in
results? If that is your thesis, I cannot concur.
I think you're playing the role of some kind of
voice of reason, only your reasoning doesn't match
the air you are taking.
thecavemaster Wrote:The name on the jersey means something at programs
that have possessed elite status over the long haul.
The name on the jersey means something to out of state
recruits who come to a university.
The name on the jersey represents something, just like
the flag represents something.
FBALL, is your contention that the UK program is not
in a steady decline in recruiting, in prestige, in
results? If that is your thesis, I cannot concur.
I think you're playing the role of some kind of
voice of reason, only your reasoning doesn't match
the air you are taking.
The name on the Jersey means next to nothing to most recruits anymore. Playing time, media coverage and a relationship with the coach mean much more.

The past two seasons have been subpar. I never said they weren't. Tubby has made some mistakes. Everyone does. I maintain that alot have wanted Tubby gone from the first day he arrived. The last couple of years has been an excuse for them to fan the flames.

And no that is not reasonable.
FBALL Wrote:The last couple of years has been an excuse for them to fan the flames.

This is something that should have been addressed a long time ago on this board. There have been alot of people since the begining of Tubby's tenure that hated him. Alot of it I think came from his years ay Georgia when they were competetive against the Cats during Petino's tenure at Uk.
Alot of others have hated him because of the color of his skin and that is just plain wrong.

I on the other hand just want Uk to win, and if the coach can't get it done he needs to go. A hero's farewell is what Tubby deserves. He should step down rather than staying until Barnhart fires him.
14thregionallstate Wrote:i understand that and coach k is the greatest coach in college basketball......he could ahve 5 loss season and he will still be there....What has tubby done????? he has 5 sec titles, 1 nation title, overall record 241-71.... and had 6 sweet 16 finishes in 8 seasons...this guy is a good coach get over it!!!!!!
The national title was only possible coz of Rick Pettino
FBALL Wrote:The name on the Jersey means next to nothing to most recruits anymore. Playing time, media coverage and a relationship with the coach mean much more.

The past two seasons have been subpar. I never said they weren't. Tubby has made some mistakes. Everyone does. I maintain that alot have wanted Tubby gone from the first day he arrived. The last couple of years has been an excuse for them to fan the flames.

In the last years of Pitino's run, UK
apparrel was #1 nationwide. Now, tell
me again how elite status, success in
the tournament, and a team that gets
talked about all year by ESPN talking
heads as a contender for the title AND
"the name on the jersey" don't equate.
I agree that some UK fans never could
come around to the idea of OTS as UK's
coach. I am not of that number. I
well remember the undefeated SEC season.
However, I cannot agree that we are seeing
a "couple of seasons" of subpar performance.
I believe that we are seeing a steady decline
in talent level, prestige, results, and
future prospects. All of which make recruiting
even more difficult.
thecavemaster Wrote:In the last years of Pitino's run, UK
apparrel was #1 nationwide. Now, tell
me again how elite status, success in
the tournament, and a team that gets
talked about all year by ESPN talking
heads as a contender for the title AND
"the name on the jersey" don't equate.
I agree that some UK fans never could
come around to the idea of OTS as UK's
coach. I am not of that number. I
well remember the undefeated SEC season.
However, I cannot agree that we are seeing
a "couple of seasons" of subpar performance.
I believe that we are seeing a steady decline
in talent level, prestige, results, and
future prospects. All of which make recruiting
even more difficult.
Then the only difference we have is that I feel it is cyclical. There are up and down turns in every program. UK, Duke, UNC, UofL, UCLA, Kansas etc. I simply feel that a coaching change is not the quick fix that everyone wants.

As I have said before, and if this doesn't apply to you please don't be offended. Alot of people have used the last couple of seasons to promote a dislike they have had from the begining of Smith's tenure. That is the segment that I cannot abide.

The fact that some think Tubby should be fired or should walk away is something that I can understand. I don't agree with it but I do understand it. If it is for the logical reasons like the ones you have just stated.